Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Josh, is that Devil's Gulch?

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Josh, is that Devil's Gulch?
    I’m not Josh, but that’s Stairway to Heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yes Stairway to Heaven at #2 canyon. Endless green circle downhill!

This weekend I sampled my Galbraith and Tiger. Both were prime condition but the Tiger dirt was out of this world!

so was hoping to go back to sun valley or perhaps bend when the kids are done with skiing late june to rent a house and do some biking. unfortunately due to the pent up demand everywhere is booked. I mean everywhere - sun valley, whitefish, bend, leavenworth, wenatchee, roslyn. Any mtn bike destinations within a 12 hour drive with reliable sunny weather in june (not seattle/bellingham) that I may have overlooked? Walla Walla? Sandpoint?

so was hoping to go back to sun valley or perhaps bend when the kids are done with skiing late june to rent a house and do some biking. unfortunately due to the pent up demand everywhere is booked. I mean everywhere - sun valley, whitefish, bend, leavenworth, wenatchee, roslyn. Any mtn bike destinations within a 12 hour drive with reliable sunny weather in june (not seattle/bellingham) that I may have overlooked? Walla Walla? Sandpoint?
    Did you try Ellensburg... 40 min to roslyn, Just over 1 hr to Wenatchee or Leavenworth. Local trails 10 mins from town. Whipsaw brewery and iron horse brewery in town, plenty of food options.

Oh maybe Winthrop... I'm sure that's booked out too.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Nada anywhere - granted need pet friendly 3+ br..

Checked McCall too

CDA is where you want to be. Sandpoint and Kellog are easy drives, also close to spocompton for Beacon Hill trails.

Rain in the desert today!

Anyone ridden Kachess Ridge this season? What's the snow situation?
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Still way early is my guess. That north facing couloir is not fun to traverse on snow in bike shoes. Being as shaded and high up as it is, I'd guess a couple more weeks, maybe more. I've had mixed results going there before the end of June.

Have you tried using your imagination? Discounting Wenatchee, I live here, I wouldn’t take a summer vacation in any of those places. They’re always going to be crowded and booked up in the summer.

I would look for an off the beaten path small town east of the crest that doesn’t get any attention, settle in, adjust your expectations and explore. You might be surprised what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Rain in the desert today!

Ancient Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Ancient Lakes
    Or as I like to call it, "Ancient pedal strikes."

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Or as I like to call it, "Ancient pedal strikes."

Have you tried riding Babcock Bench over to Frenchmen Coulee?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Have you tried riding Babcock Bench over to Frenchmen Coulee?

Not yet! I was scoping out some of the terrain between ancient lakes and the bridge on google maps and saw that trail. I'll have to check it out. New job has me driving past 4 days a week--I've been exploring different draws that lead down to river... Found about 8 disc golf discs so far, no snakes.

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/ou...k-this-summer/

Now where'd I put my pitchfork...

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Kachess is going to still be buried in lots of snow right now.

July 4-5 for the loop and about a week before for an out and back. Maybe add a week or two to that this year unless we have a scorching June. In addition to that N facing couloir when doing the loop the upper meadow and forest is also very sheltered and holds snow for a really long time. I really wouldn't be surprised to see it be July 15 ish this year.

Since the Summer of 2016 it has varied from about June 21 (2019) one year to July 5 ish with a walk over some snow in the "couloir" doing the loop. Upper meadow is a giant pond/lake until mid July usually and people ride around it and braid the fuck outta the trail through there because they don't want to get their shoes wet.

Rode some new to me trails at the main zones on I90 this past weekend. Some new favorites:

- ET @ Tiger
    - Dog Wash @ Tokul

Props to Evergreen for doing what they do best!

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

First time at Tiger today (I know) and made a loop of Master Link, Quick Link, OTG, Fully Rigid, Joy Ride, and NW Timber. Fully Rigid made me quite the opposite. The dirt and weather were perfect though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    First time at Tiger today (I know) and made a loop of Master Link, Quick Link, OTG, Fully Rigid, Joy Ride, and NW Timber. Fully Rigid made me quite the opposite. The dirt and weather were perfect though.
    Yea... pedaling out of tiger is meh.... if you have more juice left when you get to the bottom of OTG/NOTG you can climb back up the logging road / crosshaul to Inside Passage / East Bound and Down

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Exactly my same first loop

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Nice views from Greenway Mountain summit yesterday (this is the location of the "Phone Booth" above Olallie trail). Tiny bit of snow remaining around 4k feet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210620_214003789.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	377614

Hit #2 canyon Saturday . Loved it . My kind of riding . Thought I was in sun valley for a minute

Question for the east-siders: what tires ya running this time of year? And I know there's a whole thread on this but it's also a pnw specific: picking a tire that can take full advantage of the loamy-est west-side trails, but then also have some business doing longer east-side riding over dust and decomposed granite. I just had something of an eye-opening ride coming down a long descent around chiwaukum that started out a sandy granite slab-fest, ran long and fast into a melt-swamp, then finished with a tacky jump line. Like the full gamut. The heck is the right pick for that range...