I need a scoop shovel blade only

So, lots of folks use these as snow shovels, so maybe one of you have the answer. When these break, where can I buy the scoop only? I have handles.
    ACE, True Value, Lowe’s and HD couldn’t help, & feverish googling only yields complete shovels.
    Anybody have a source? Plastic preferred, but metal would work for 1
    Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8578.JPG 
Views:	308 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	240561

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Buy a metal one. I smoke the plastic ones after a couple uses.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I like to have a couple plastic for the lighter snow and speed, but yes metal is fine. Lead on where to get the scoop only?

tel:1-800-555-1540

True temper replacement parts. Guy at HD said they had them.

Or there’s this

https://www.amazon.com/Snow-Wolf-Rep...i0L&ref=plSrch

Check with a farm store. Farmers call it a grain scoop shovel

Is it even worth looking for scoop only?

Well that’s the thing. I buy new handles for axes, mails, etc., as they break, and I figured I could just buy the scoops. I started with the e local farm store and their supplier didn’t offer it. Oh well. I think detruser’s contact may work for an Al or steel one.

AL crumples after scraping against pavement enough times, just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    So, lots of folks use these as snow shovels, so maybe one of you have the answer.
    Yes I do. Grain shovels suck for removing a large amount of snow over a significant square footage of area. Get a real snow shovel, push, don't lift.

The caveat being if you live in an area with a lot of wet/heavy snow. If so, lifting and throwing is often your only option. However, if you deal more with lighter snow soon after a storm you can move waaaay more snow by pushing not lifting. I always chuckle at my neighbors with those things when it takes them 3X the amount of time to move 1/2 the snow that I do with my cheap garant.

I've broken enough grain scoops in my life. Toss that piece and get a Tuffy.

Name:  pACE3-9503752enh-z7.jpg
Views: 2556
Size:  44.6 KB

If you need to move snow

Name:  pACE3-7230281dt.jpg
Views: 2754
Size:  48.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Yes I do. Grain shovels suck for removing a large amount of snow over a significant square footage of area. Get a real snow shovel, push, don't lift.
    Lemme guess: You don't live in or near the WA Cascades, the land of 5:1 wet heavy snow, and lots of it. Amirite? Grain scoops are the snow shovel of choice in these parts.

The caveat being if you live in an area with a lot of wet/heavy snow. If so, lifting and throwing is often your only option.
    ETA: Okay, I read on. Yeah, we know that. FWIW, plug's homes are on either side of the WA Cascades.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I've broken enough grain scoops in my life. Toss that piece and get a Tuffy.

Name:  pACE3-9503752enh-z7.jpg
Views: 2556
Size:  44.6 KB
    That's a "buy it for life" shovel and liftie-approved.

dont snowshovel, ergie-shovel!

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    ETA: Okay, I read on. Yeah, we know that. FWIW, plug's homes are on either side of the WA Cascades.
    Not everyone knows that, or obviously half the people in my neighborhood would not be using farm tools for moving snow. That's like planting garlic with my soil sampling auger, wrong tool!

Yep, plugboots needs to scoop/lift. Glad I don't except on rare occasions!

The caveat being if you live in an area with a lot of wet/heavy snow. If so, lifting and throwing is often your only option. However, if you deal more with lighter snow soon after a storm you can move waaaay more snow by pushing not lifting. I always chuckle at my neighbors with those things when it takes them 3X the amount of time to move 1/2 the snow that I do with my cheap garant.
    When we bought our place at Donner Lake I got a push shovel like the ones I used in Michigan. First big storm I went down to Mountain Hardware and bought several plastic grain shovels which I still have 30 years later. Pushing doesn't work here. I often have to throw the snow high and far. I couple the grain shovel with a standard steel square end gardening shovel with the edge ground sharp to deal with icy berms, ice frozen on the stairs, etc. and for unusually heavy snow where I can't lift a full grain shovel without messing up my back.

Seems to me like replacing the blade would be more trouble and expense than it's worth but then I haven't tried it. Plastic will last a lot longer than aluminum.

I am highly qualified to speak on this subject having been a professional shoveler working 4 summers shoveling coal in a steel mill (which primarily consisted of finding a place to sleep all day).

I need a scoop shovel blade only

Well goat, you know my situation. I started mega shoveling at our cabin on upper bench below munchkin chutes in Alpine Meadows. The snow here in the cascades is even heavier and then it melts or rains, then freezes. I use all kinds of gardening tools to break up the frozen piles. Ice choppers, regular square sharpened shovel, chopping axe thing, whatever.
    Putting a new blade on would be: slide blade on handle, screw in 2 screws, done. I mean really...
    Thursday I put a new hitch on my BMW, I think I can “handle” it:

Name:	IMG_8582.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	240803

Looks like I’ll get a tuffy or 2, and a steel shovel, (steel blade replacement, if available.

Around here replacing a blade would mean ordering from the internet, follow the tracking, when the tracking says the USPS can't deliver it drive down to the PO, assuming I can get out of my driveway, wait for half an hour at the PO, get told to come back tomorrow, repeat. Plus--is the socket on all plastic shovel blades the same? You would want a snug fit. If the handle and socket didn't match I would have to go over to the Roundhouse and turn a new handle on the lathe, which given my beginner lathe skills, is a couple of days work.

Hope you can get that beemer put back together.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When we bought our place at Donner Lake I got a push shovel like the ones I used in Michigan. First big storm I went down to Mountain Hardware and bought several plastic grain shovels which I still have 30 years later. Pushing doesn't work here. I often have to throw the snow high and far. I couple the grain shovel with a standard steel square end gardening shovel with the edge ground sharp to deal with icy berms, ice frozen on the stairs, etc. and for unusually heavy snow where I can't lift a full grain shovel without messing up my back.

Seems to me like replacing the blade would be more trouble and expense than it's worth but then I haven't tried it. Plastic will last a lot longer than aluminum.

I am highly qualified to speak on this subject having been a professional shoveler working 4 summers shoveling coal in a steel mill (which primarily consisted of finding a place to sleep all day).
    All good input. I (or my wife) shovel ~ 4,000 square feet every time it snows, but I'm grateful that it's usually pretty light snow if I get right on it. It often gets heavy fast if I don't though. I have a steel (not aluminum) shovel for chopping if needed, I hate breaking that bitch out.

Hope you can get that beemer put back together.

Name:	IMG_8583.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	549.9 KB 
ID:	240876

. . . turn a new handle on the lathe, which given my beginner lathe skills, is a couple of days work.
    gotta say that's pathetic. It should take 5-10 minutes tops -- and that's on a metal lathe

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    gotta say that's pathetic.
    I agree, although I exaggerated a little. I'm very new to turning. It's a lot of fun. I don't know about metal turning, but wood turning is all hand/eye work.
    Here's some of my work. Took me a couple of hours to turn the pedestal.

Name:	mark's table leaves up.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	240880