Rest between PT days after quad tendon surgury?

Going 3 days a week, and supposed to do the same stuff at home every day of the week.

Is the better than having rest days?

Subscribed
    That Don't Make No Sense

I assume the exercises are for range of motion, which is critical to get early. You're probably thinking about strength building exercises where allowing a day between sessions allows the muscles to recover. I'm not an ortho so I hope my answer suffices until someone who knows what they're talking about chimes in. When in doubt do what the doctor or PT tells you to do.

Yup, mostly ROM stretching.

PT’s the best, but expensive and my insurance only covers 20/year.
    My community pool offered $10 aqua aerobic classes and you could swim/walk laps before and after.

Asking because if i do my part at home, it just keeps the knee inflamed and motion never gains. On days i've been lazy or just flat out too busy or exhausted in between visits, the inflammation goes down and gain on ROM over the prior visit.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Asking because if i do my part at home, it just keeps the knee inflamed and motion never gains. On days i've been lazy or just flat out too busy or exhausted in between visits, the inflammation goes down and gain on ROM over the prior visit.
    That's really a question for your PT. In my experience, when you put in daily work after a surgery, you end up making bigger breakthroughs quicker than if you see constant progress with regular rest days. And many PTs/orthos have come to realize that moving a joint after surgery is vital. Frankly, you might have to reduce your other (weight bearing) activities to give your leg more rest while you prioritize the (daily) PT. At the same time, you have to listen to your body so you don't develop some kind of tendonitis or other overuse injury, especially with strength training.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

More ice and elevation perhaps?
    What are they telling you to do or not to do besides PT? Not the same operation obviously but when my wife had her knees replaced she was told to do her exercises--ROM--but to otherwise stay off the leg. Basically bed all day with her leg elevated and using an ice water pump and wrap.
    Definitely discuss with PT.

Basically they haven't told me anything of substance since the operation. All post-op doctor visits have been a waste of time. PT has been a clusterfuck as well. My small town only has one good PT, and i get stuck with the guy who can't put his phone down long enough to actually do his job. Then i change my appointment time, and get the psycho bitch from hell, who wouldn't stop trying destroy my tendon again, and most likely did some damage.

Quit PT and doing it at home, and now 2 weeks away from maybe having to have an MUA or even scope surgery and then MUA, since my ROM still sucks.

So currently pissed off and disappointed with whole God damned process since the injury, from not so great e-room doctor, to doubting my choice in surgeons. He may or may not be a good surgeon, but he sure doesn't run a very tight ship for an office, so really makes you wonder?

Rest between PT days after quad tendon surgury?

Damn

Anyone know how much their PT costs per hr? Made 4 calls today before my first appt and no one knew. Crooks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Don't know my PT cost?

My insurance must be covering it, or sure i'd have a bill by now.

It’s been a few years, but mine was $180/hr in Chicago.

OP, What quad tendon surgery, specifically? I would like to know if I know what I'm talking about before I run my mouth.

Regardless, when PT put me on a bike with zero resistance, zero weight bearing during ambulation, I asked if I could just get a beach cruiser with low gearing and ride around my fairly flat neighborhood. They said absolutely not. I thought about it for about a week, and went out and bought a beach cruiser. Kept my sanity, barely. The most important thing I did for PT was with lacrosse balls and flossing. Wrap that fucker daily, then start mashing the scar tissue with a frozen lacrosse ball. Or not frozen, depending on where you stand with the whole ice thing.

mobilitywod.com
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"