NorCal coast - what rides to hit

It’s been years since I’ve camped / mtn biked on the coast. Thinking we will start in Arcata (trails east of town), down to Shelter Cove (newish trails near there I think), down to Mendocino (lots of trails, never ridden there).

Open to suggestions.

Coulda sworn I saw a pic of a new single track right on the ocean cliffs somewhere along the Cal coast in Bike magazine but can’t find anything in Trailforks or MtbProject that looks similar.

This’ll be a #vanlife thing with the GF, so stealth or other camp ideas welcomed
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I've only ridden in Mendocino. Manly Gulch is like downhilling through the Ewok forest.

These guys are really cool. Stop in and they'll give you all the info you need.
    https://catchacanoe.com/mendocino-big-river-maps/

If you'll be anywhere close to Mt. Shasta on the way there or back, I'd highly recommend riding Deadfall Meadows to Sisson-Callahan. 8 miles and 4,500' of backcountry descending. Let me know if you want more details.

If you go a bit north of Arcata there is a cool loop you can do in Redwood NP/Prairie Creek Redwoods state park. Drop down Ossagon trail, ride along the beach where there is a resident herd of elk, then finish the loop on pavement through redwood groves in the park. More of a ride for scenery than the trail itself.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/415/fi...nalWeb2016.pdf

Shelter cove is worth a stop for sure. Haven't done the new trail. Campground there was $8/night.

I liked Mendocino but found it hard to navigate. Maybe it is better now, was there before trailforks existed...