Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    just had brunch with a client in beaver creek on their veranda, while the dog ran around the neighborhood pissing on rich peoples shrubbery
    he's now playing in the road back home taunting other dogs on leashes
    I'm doing bong hits
    found out I have to go back to the sherrifs dept next week to deal with some bs, the bummer is, someone asked about finger printing and backround checks, I was like we never had em and you always let us in, I'll have to do some actual labor since less than half of my employees can actually work in there if they start doing backround checks
    I need to find the dog now

Has this been mentioned.... I think you or your wife will need to quit your job so one of you can stay home with your new child. It's really the only option to avoid day care.

Kidding. Get the dog, crate train, figure out the early weeks of letting it out once during the day and maybe rotate one of you getting home a little early, if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quality posts in this thread!

I got my guy in March, on a Friday. Took Monday off as well to get him settled. From there it was crate from 7:45am to 12pm, then again afyer lunch. a couple accidents and he got used to gping out right away.

We're now at sleeping all night, casually getting out of the crate at 6am and going out for a walk. No rush when I come home anymore, quick potty break at lunch and some good play and a long walk at night.guy is pretty beat most days, last few it has rained so plenty of energy to cause mayhem.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Just don't tell the breeder or rescue that you work. Odds are they won't let you have the dog.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    SFB - awesome dog

Fastfred - pitch your life story to Discovery Channel please. I don’t watch much reality tv, but I’d certainly watch your show.
    Working titles
    "Free range mountain town dogs"
    "Dog v Moose"
    "Fast Fred and the Terror"

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Working titles
    "Free range mountain town dogs"
    "Dog v Moose"
    "Fast Fred and the Terror"
    Continued:
    "Pissing on rich people's shrubbery"
    "The adventures of Fredo and Terror"

how about: "me and the fire dept a week ago"
    do you want to see a melt down?
    at least my thearpy dog was there to make everyone smile

"Fredo and the Terror build a meth lab"

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Dog don't need a job if he knows how to cook walter's mef.

After two years without a Berner (last one passed away at age 10), we picked up a new puppy from the same breeder as our first one last month. He was 8 weeks old.

I fogot what a PITA puppy training is, but we're all adjusting. Crate training is your friend, as is confining the dog to one or two rooms when he's not in the crate till he's potty trained. At first our Berner could only do 2-3 hours in a crate without relief, now he's sleeping from midnight till around 630 with no whining.

I crate him when I leave for work and then come back on my lunch break and try to tire him out. I usually come home around 4pm and do some work from there just to keep him company. I have a Wyze cam on the crate so I can keep an eye on him during the day from time-to-time... he usually is, of course, just sleeping. We haven't tried doggy day care yet but we are about to do a puppy-only day care soon, once we're off the wait list. I will say at obedience training our dog is way more into the humans than fellow dogs.

So working full-time is definitely do-able... it's just a bit more work. You'll both find your routine.

I will say: The nice thing about having a Bernese mountain dog is that everyone thinks they're cute. You quickly meet a bunch of folks who think they're adorable and even offer to help dog sitting. At least that's what happened to us. We take the dog to the cafe down the street and soon after we have three or four folks willing to work for us. The pup would probably be great at picking up chicks, too.

Good luck. They're great dogs...we took ours to the mountains yesterday and he was on cloud nine. Pic is from the Crystal Mountain gondola ride...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4290.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	508.2 KB 
ID:	240319