Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: poopers

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    hey bro ask your buds to clean their mess
    put em in the garden garbage or whatever
    invasive or not
    only fuckin assholes leave dead shit they killed to rot and stink
    and yes it takes immensely more skill to get em to eat vrs the under 10' shot with a compound bow
    but keep yappin like you know what your talking about
    even if it isnt what the op asked about
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    hey bro ask your buds to clean their mess
    put em in the garden garbage or whatever
    only assholes leave dead shit they killed to rot and stink
    and yes it takes immensely more skill to get em to eat vrs the under 10' shot with a compound bow
    but keep yappin like you know what your talking about
    even if it isnt what the op asked
    Yeah so throwing it back into the river to swim away and die suddenly seems like a good idea, eh? Better than laying in the sun to rot and stink. Ever seen the aftermath of a Shad run? King Salmon run? Ever seen thousands of Poggies half eaten by bluefish float in on the tide? Dead fish everywhere. Mother nature. What an asshole. Oh, but your way is the "Right" way. My apologies.

As for the OP's question, my response was along the lines of who cares if a Carp is willing to take a fly. Blast it with a #60 bow and throw it in the bushes for the scavengers to eat. As if putting it in a garbage can en route to the landfill is more ethical. As if catch and release carp on the fly is the true sign of a sportsman. Lol.

Ever wonder why the general public think fly fishers are arrogant pricks? I love to fly fish, but I find most fly fishers really need to come down off their Mtn of moral superiority. They're fucking carp after all.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 06-29-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Bow fishing is for mouth breathers and snowboarders.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

trying to equate spawning fish dieing
    with killing shit intentionally and leaving it to rot
    is sadly laughable and not quite how the indians you refer to rolled is it now
    im not saying my way of watching them swim away is the right way
    but it sure doesnt make a stenchy mess that others need to endour
    and it allows others the possibility of experiancing the enjoyment they gave me
    id argue more but im goin poopfishing
    enjoy your day in front of your pc
    and if your mouth breather "sport" had merit they'd let ya do it to sporting game fish
    wouldn't they?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Asian carp and are invasive and will destroy a waterway. Once they’re in they are impossible to remove.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_carp
    "The silver carp is sometimes called the flying carp for its tendency to leap from the water when startled; it can leap up to 10 ft (3.0 m) into the air."

"Asian carp" is a catchall term that covers about ten different species. Only the Silvers jump.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_carp

But, yes, all the various species are prolific breeders that wreak havoc on native ecosystems and are impossible to eradicate. Common carp will be fucking up Utah Lake long after humans have vanished from this planet. Thanks, Mormon pioneers! Dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    In the Mirmachi in New Brunswick....the Stripers coming into the estuary every spring are a blight. "You'll catch one on every cast!", our guide told us in frustration when talking about the spring Salmon season. My Dad laughed afterwards thinking about all the guys back home in Jersey hunting relentlessly for Stripers on the Jersey shore all spring. Catch a Striper on the Mirmachi....throw it on the bank to die. Lol.
    Stripers are migratory, you dumb piece of shit. You pricks were killing them where they concentrate rather than letting them move back down the coast. Up next, Dave the shitbird will tell us about how he loves to roll coal on the way to clubbing some baby seals.

Folks, meet DaveTV, one of TGR's resident Trumptards. This is how precisely how Trumptards view the environment. Something you can destroy for fun and then leave the mess behind for someone else to clean up. Don't respond to this guy; in addition to being the worst sort of sportsman, he's a heinous troll.

Now now now SFB. Whacken em with a bow is what sackofjahweedah would want and it makes the great spirit very happy. Those swimming garbage cans have 0 value except for easy target practice and organic air fresheners. Besides, nature is viscous. Have you ever seen a muskie eat a baby duck? That's why DaveVT runs those little fuckers over when they walk into traffic because nature is a cruel bitch. If your snowflake is still melting please just ask yourself WWTND (what would ted nudgent do?) He'd whack em and stack em and write a song about it that's what the fuck he'd do!

Why do you hate america? My Fucking Dog I dont understand how I can stand your elitist flyflinging attitude you are everything bad about the sport you sumbitch! I don't think I can ever fish with you again....
    Last edited by TheFugitive; 06-29-2018 at 10:02 AM.

SFB...I am intrigued by the idea of fly fishing for carp from a SUP. That would certainly add to the challenge. I am guessing a big fish would pull me around for a bit...haha
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Hey SFB, Roos, Dfinn, BobMC and any other non carp slaughter machines, the flood tide at the fonten of hallowed waters has ebbed to reasonable flows. Lets go whack some invasives and release nothing but cuttthroats and suckers.

hell cmon neckdeep! you at least eat em you can have a spot in my boat, bring your best carp dish for the POTluck

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    SFB...I am intrigued by the idea of fly fishing for carp from a SUP. That would certainly add to the challenge. I am guessing a big fish would pull me around for a bit...haha
    I have only ever hooked into one pooper on the sup and for the couple runs on my 6WT the boat was moving like it was on a treadmill! I am no stranger to a SUP and have a pretty good sense of balance but there is definitely an increased chance of swimming if you don't have your shit together and stick a hook in one of those freight trains.

Watching SFB expertly stalk, present, hookup, net, photo, smooch then release a poopfish from a SUP with NO SKEG while pushing into a headwind is a thing of beauty. That sup can get up on plane depending on where his drag is at, the advantage of no skeg is he can do off axis spins when the pooper runs under the SUP and goes the opposite direct lol

Not the SFB...

Last edited by TheFugitive; 06-29-2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: adding viddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    "The silver carp is sometimes called the flying carp for its tendency to leap from the water when startled; it can leap up to 10 ft (3.0 m) into the air."

"Asian carp" is a catchall term that covers about ten different species. Only the Silvers jump.

But, yes, all the various species are prolific breeders that wreak havoc on native ecosystems and are impossible to eradicate. Common carp will be fucking up Utah Lake long after humans have vanished from this planet. Thanks, Mormon pioneers! Dicks.
    The elders in my ward talk about the schools of cutthroats in Utard lake being so think back in the day that you could walk to eagle mtn from lindon without getting your feet wet ....

Of course those elders are 14 and don't know what they fuck they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Thanks Dan, I understand the carp subspecies very well. My only point was they are crazy invasive and eradication is extremely difficult. Wasn’t calling you out for terminology.

I have bow fished carp in the past. Even did tournaments. The guys SFB are referring to that leave carp to rot are douche bags. They need to cut them in half so they sink and provide nutrients back into the waterway. Not pulling that out of my ass as I have met with several fishery biologists in my area about this and they want them to be left in the water if done properly so as the float bladder is popped, fish cut in half, so they sink. Leaving them floating is a douche move.
    Now before any of you try and give me some label that makes you feel superior in some weird way, I also chuck flys at them. I don’t do it as often as I used to as I have to travel into Washington or over a 2 hour drive south. I have spent countless days/hours hunting carp on the fly though. They are crazy fun and super addictive to fish for.

Yea who is without sin may cast the first doughball....

I used to spotlight and gig flounder on the flats back in the day. Lots of fun and probably top three eating fish that swims. I might have stuck a couple with a single tong that flopped off and swam away but I did my best to chase them down and put them in the cooler.

Thanks Dan, I understand the carp subspecies very well. My only point was they are crazy invasive and eradication is extremely difficult. Wasn’t calling you out for terminology.
    Ah, gotcha, apologies. In the Vice "Carpocalypse" episode they interviewed some chefs who claimed that the silvers and bigheads were actually quite tasty. IIRC, they were working with some state agencies trying to rebrand them so people would start eating them. Commercial-scale fishing is about the only thing with any hope of keeping the populations somewhat in check.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Yea who is without sin may cast the first doughball....

I used to spotlight and gig flounder on the flats back in the day. Lots of fun and probably top three eating fish that swims. I might have stuck a couple with a single tong that flopped off and swam away but I did my best to chase them down and put them in the cooler.
    Mmmm flounder, now that’s good eating.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    I have only ever hooked into one pooper on the sup and for the couple runs on my 6WT the boat was moving like it was on a treadmill! I am no stranger to a SUP and have a pretty good sense of balance but there is definitely an increased chance of swimming if you don't have your shit together and stick a hook in one of those freight trains.

Watching SFB expertly stalk, present, hookup, net, photo, smooch then release a poopfish from a SUP with NO SKEG while pushing into a headwind is a thing of beauty. That sup can get up on plane depending on where his drag is at, the advantage of no skeg is he can do off axis spins when the pooper runs under the SUP and goes the opposite direct lol

Not the SFB...

this i would to see.

Maybe we need to do a mag carp summit. Guessing SFB and Roo would be down.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Mmmm flounder, now that’s good eating.
    slow day at work so journeyed down the youtube rabbit hole of flounder gigging. Lights have come a long way since I was gigging doormats almost 30 years ago with a Q beam and a flask of whiskey

Now before any of you try and give me some label that makes you feel superior in some weird way, I also chuck flys at them.

Pffft. Doubtful. You can’t even spell “flies” right.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    this i would to see.

Maybe we need to do a mag carp summit. Guessing SFB and Roo would be down.
    I don’t fish with weirdos from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Stripers are migratory, you dumb piece of shit. You pricks were killing them where they concentrate rather than letting them move back down the coast. Up next, Dave the shitbird will tell us about how he loves to roll coal on the way to clubbing some baby seals.

Folks, meet DaveTV, one of TGR's resident Trumptards. This is how precisely how Trumptards view the environment. Something you can destroy for fun and then leave the mess behind for someone else to clean up. Don't respond to this guy; in addition to being the worst sort of sportsman, he's a heinous troll.
    BWahahahahhaa. Nice Melt brah. Way to miss the point about invasive fish spicies. Trump....right. You got me dialed. Whack the rat-fish and throw 'em back to die. Cut them in half? Never heard that. Makes sense. If I ever go out and whack carp again I'll be sure to do that. Catch and release carp on the fly. Fucking hilarious hipsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    I don’t fish with weirdos from the internet.
    I thought you only fished with weirdos from the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Pffft. Doubtful. You can’t even spell “flies” right.
    Lemme guess, cork biter? Amirite!?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	permit at grand slam.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	240977

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tarpon at grand slam.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	240978

With the exception of SFB, y'alls poopervice was sorely lacking, so I decided to venture to the salt waters for solace.
    Last edited by Mr. Mike; 07-09-2018 at 11:50 AM. Reason: added another pic

pfftt them saucer fish dont eat drys

#clompersmatter
    strong work if i had salty funds or had easy access to chrome heads i doubt id slum dog poopers
    not so much of a hipster thing to me
    as a put it where ya think it needs to be hopes n
    watch em eat it put the set on and try n not let the big ones take your fly somewhere where you aint gonna get it back
    which depending on the water is sometimes easier said than done even with the 8 weight and 0x

not many bowfucks doing much more than leaving the splendors of their "sport" to rot round here