Smith Rail Sliding Car - Need a Picture of It

Hey, I'm trying to track down a picture of this vehicle - I know I've seen this car around Tahoe before, in fact I shot people sliding on it back in 2003, and I know it's been in a few films....I need a picture of it, and all my slides of it are back in Tahoe packed in boxes.

It's an old limo, black, with a kinked rail welded to the top of the roof, and a huge Smith (as in sunglasses) logo painted on the side. It was around Squaw the winter before last.

Does anyone in here know anyone at Smith that might have a picture of it, or have one themselves that I could snag for personal use to show someone that such a vehicle exists?

Thanks.

This one?

The black one is dead and gone. Here's the one that's been rolling around the last year...

I know it's mindblowing, but did you bother checking the Smith website?

http://www.smithsport.com/news/n_020...limospecs.html
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Shit yeah I checked the Smith website, for like 10 minutes. What can I say besides I must suck at the internet?!?

Anyway, thanks guys, I knew you'd come through.

Here's my crazy idea - take Geoff's van, and see if we can do the same thing with it, i.e. weld a rail on it and do some urban jibbing around this island since there doesn't seem to be any snow anywhere deep enough to actually ski on... (yet). Wonder what (if any) local companies (or overseas ones with a presence in NZ) would be interested in such a venture.....

I kinda have the perfect vehicle.....

I know a guy in tahoe that builds rails and he has put together a bad ass van. The rail has a motor and rises up through the roof. The interior is done up pretty nicely( pimped out red velvet look). He also installed a ice shaver/snow maker that pops out the back door along with another ramp that slides into the side wall of the van. He can park and have a full functioning jib session. It probably helped that his company pulled red bull for sponsorchip which means he installed a custom red bull fridge in the damn thing, pretty cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BENDOR
    I know a guy in tahoe that builds rails and he has put together a bad ass van. The rail has a motor and rises up through the roof of and the interior is done up pretty well( pimped out red velvet look). He also installed a ice shaver/snow maker that pops out the back door along with another ramp that slides into the side wall of the van. He can park and have a full functioning jib session. It probably helped that his company pulled red bull for sponsorchip which means he installed a custom red bull fridge in the damn thing, pretty cool stuff.
    Sounds rad. Who is it, maybe I know him? I'd love to do the same, except I'm a poor graduate student, and I bought this van from another maggot for NZ$50 and put about three days worth of work into it to get it running, but have $0 to put into it, but lots of ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer
    Sounds rad. Who is it, maybe I know him? I'd love to do the same, except I'm a poor graduate student, and I bought this van from another maggot for NZ$50 and put about three days worth of work into it to get it running, but have $0 to put into it, but lots of ideas....
    So? Whore yourself out. If I had to pay for any of my shit, I would have been screwed long ago. Call up Cody and get some good ideas about how to whore yourself out to the corporate man. Maybe Salomon needs a NZ van... I can see if Smith needs one, heh.

I might put some calls into some companies I know people at back home, as well as some peeps down here I know casually. This might be a fun project to take my mind of trying to figure out when the North Island is going to blow up next.

Ask Cody how to whore out? That's be like asking Gaffney how to be a huge dork - neither can be explained in normal words.

Ask Cody how to whore out? That's be like asking Gaffney how to be a huge dork - neither can be explained in normal words.
    Well then ask Cody why his shoes are always so fucking shiny. It's irritating. What a pretty boy.

Wonder what (if any) local companies (or overseas ones with a presence in NZ) would be interested in such a venture.....

I kinda have the perfect vehicle.....

You're sponsored by pirates . What more could you ask for?

Go with Captain Morgan

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    [QUOTE=BakerBoy]The black one is dead and gone. Here's the one that's been rolling around the last year...

FYI The black limo is alive and well. It is the East Coast Smith Limo, while the new white one is the West Coast Smith Limo.

SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

[Capt Obvious]

Uhhhhh. Why build a rail on a $50nzd van that you spray painted black (over hippy)? Just slide on that fukker. The world's widest funbox plus people could grind on the sides.

[/Capt Obvious]

I think you're making it more difficult than it needs to be. Actually, I know you are. Given that van it should be as ghetto as possible.

Such a vehicle also flat requires a swivel mounted potato gun (use the swivel for a po-po style spotlight)
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

[QUOTE=Super G]
    Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    The black one is dead and gone. Here's the one that's been rolling around the last year...

FYI The black limo is alive and well. It is the East Coast Smith Limo, while the new white one is the West Coast Smith Limo.
    yup- i spotted it a couple of times at Killington this past March and April.
    though I guess to some, "East Coast" is the same as "dead and gone".

Quote Originally Posted by helmetcam
    yup- i spotted it a couple of times at Killington this past March and April.
    though I guess to some, "East Coast" is the same as "dead and gone".
    Hah, perfect!

MFM steezn' for no reazon on top of a shitty rapist van...

Try NZ Skier, maybe they'd be into it. Maybe See if Snowpark or Mt. Hutt would be willing to put the time and $$ into putting the rail on that thing.

Dude you really really should have left the hippie paint, that would have been perfect.

saw the black limo on airport road in breck this year.....mayber February

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    shitty rapist van...
    No love for shitty rapist vans?