Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I have only been down there once last year and skied backcountry off the north side near Spirit Mountain. Never even been up the pass. Is there ever a time when you can MTB Line Creek with it mostly clear and the basin is also still open for skiing?
    I was wondering about this too recently. Looks like a fun adventure ride.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I think I can make it for the June 21 weekend extravaganza.

SVS - what route are you taking to get there? I’m down to meet up a few hours northeast, like Spokane, since that’s the route I’d be taking anyway.

SkiLyft - what are your driving plans?
    Most excellent, MrsSkiLyft will be joining if you want to invite the Ms.

Tentatively plan, drive to Bozeman Thursday night. Leave Bz Friday morning and get the the campsite early pitch a tent and hang out for the day and hike around.

Likely ski Sat and Sun, if coverage is good in the basin stick to cable/poma. But also would like to poke around some of the more interesting runs on the west side of the pass.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sweet. This could get big. I got about half a dozen JH locs and lurkers planning on that weekend too.
    I know a sweet spot for a large group campsite. Roadside but well off the hwy. Kinda private to the first group that claims it. River on the other side of about 8-12 tentsites. A few nice firerings. Parking for 8-10 w/in 50 feet. Only a wee bit of grizzly action. Heading up the pass in 3 miles or less. Will follow up with that...

I've ridden a mtb up the old mining road to the Hellroaring plateau above Rock creek canyon. Opposite the Pass road. 4x4'ed up many times.
    - Incredible for an uphill/downhill.Rocky as all get out though. Great place to drop a hit of blotter too.
    Even just riding the FS road up RC cyn. is pretty great. Bring yer bikes. Roadies? Roll down the pass, that's a hoot.

I will be in designated driver mode. Red Lodge is fun if not too crazy. Fun place to get drunk and barhop all 4 blocks.

Hope it works out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Sweet. This could get big. I got about half a dozen JH locs and lurkers planning on that weekend too.
    I know a sweet spot for a large group campsite. Roadside but well off the hwy. Kinda private to the first group that claims it. River on the other side of about 8-12 tentsites. A few nice firerings. Parking for 8-10 w/in 50 feet. Only a wee bit of grizzly action. Heading up the pass in 3 miles or less. Will follow up with that...

Great place to drop a hit of blotter too.

I will be in designated driver mode. Red Lodge is fun if not too crazy. Fun place to get drunk and barhop all 4 blocks.

Hope it works out for us.
    Sweet. I'm mounting some old chargers up for this.

A mag camp would be lots of fun. I'm not newly single so I've got a decent amount of free time. This is almost a 100% confirmation that I'm heading over with SirVic. Could bring a small keg or 2 if needed.

Not sure about the blotter but I could be into some fungi if anyone's holding.

Things will work out well. Good people, mountains, camping, skiing.... Looking forward to seeing you guys out there.

I’d love to, but can’t.

I’m onboard, and willing to do some scouting for conditions leading up to the mini fest. Thank Ullr I have swung the entire month of June off work!!... hit me up in Bozeman if anyone needs a place to refuel, crash, shower, etc.

Django put this on my radar this morning, I am likely to make it. See how June pans out for me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I believe in you Bruce ^^^ bring the zinc oxide

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Anyone driving up from SLC for this with possible room for a passenger. Trying to help out a buddy who needs some positivity

Baertooth pass closed at stateline due to recent snow. Lifts are supposed to spin Tuesday. ON3P party next weekend.

Maggot party(we need a name for this)
    Weekend after next.

Damn this sounds awesome but not in the cards for this guy. Been a long time since I’ve skied in the ‘tooth’s. May have to pencil in next year and make it yuudge.

BASH-IN it is. Djongos got quite a good bit more experience in the BTs than me so we're gonna let him run this thing and call all the audibles.
    Dj cant wait to see you friend, its only been a few months but way too long

Yah, sounds good. I don't wanna make plans for others but I can help/advise on logistics, angle of attack and where to shack up.

IF all want to have a group site, well that can be arranged. Knowing when ya plan on arriving will help. My plan is to leave by 7 am Friday to miss some of the park traffic. Should be at campsite by noon. If Bruce SS goes, I may haul his gear so he can Moto up on the KTM.

Baby-Bear - You and skijunky plan on coming up?

Looking forward to a fun weekend with you youts.

We will miss you 2Funky...You would be the in-charge mag for the BT Bash-In.

I am out, taking the weekend for an adventure with my father. If he had ski gear with him we would join, but this year it will be exploring gravel roads and remote fishing from the motorcycles.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

No worries G. - tell yer pops he can roll the FZ if'n he wants to.

Abraham and i should be rolling into red lodge Thursday evening. The plan was to get a room first night then set up camp either before or after skiing friday. Before makes the most sense cause those campsites can fill up on the weekends

i'm on board for this, planning on arriving at the basin early sunday (23rd) and skiing sun/mon. don't know many of you, really any of you but i'm a good guy and a decent skier and love a good time with good people.

sounds like most folks are leaning towards a group campsite so if at all possible it'd be awesome to have a spot available with/near everyone for a sunday arrival and overnight stay. it's just me in my subi wagon so i don't need a whole lot of space

much appreciate and thanks in advance, looking forward to this!

I’m planning to head up tomorrow and check out the conditions. If anyone else is in the area, shoot me a message.

Beartooth Pass conditions?

should be good up there with all the new junuary snows
    https://buckrail.com/stranded-in-a-s...e-wyoming-day/

So I think we’re pretty much in. just waiting to see if skijunky has to work to confirm but I may still roll up solo even if he can’t join

i haven’t been to beartooth in a long time.
    last time we were there with a big group we went to the Snow crk saloon after skiing, where they had 25 cent beers.
    already several beers in my buddy decides to buy a whole waiters tray of beers- at least 15 + and makes it about 3 feet before tripping and the whole tray goes flying. it was perfect physical comedy but unintended

skid luxury

Glad you can make it B-bear

Sounds like the Basin will be closed for another weekend? At least I saw ON3P canceled their summer bash. It is going to be deep for you all. Wondering how the late opening will affect the basin going forward. Hope they can sell enough lift passes to remain

The Basin crew are shooting to open the lift tomorrow. Got the parts in and installing now.
    Plenty of snow up there and driving is good. Hope all you mags are still planning on a Bash-in.
    I will send out a PM to those of you who seem to be in and will give you directions to the campspot. It's easy and doesn't involve a rattly dirt road with tons of traffic. All are welcome and holla to me if ya need info.

Really fun skiing, lift service and stellar camping in SW MT. That's good living right there.

Wish I could go, but can't that weekend.

Abraham and i will be there for sure

Got a call out of the blue and it seems like I'll be up there the same weekend of the pow-wow. The old man wanted to get some laps up there and some skin/hikes in too. Likely going to camp near town and then ski all day Saturday before high-tailing it back to Missoula late Sun.

So if I'm lucky I might get a chance to see/ski with some more of you mags. Also looking forward to some Snag Bar time in RL.

Cheers all!