Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=uglymoney;6307671]
    It would be surprising not to make some quick new ski friends out on that hill. /QUOTE]

Ask SirVic about meeting people and making friends. My homeslice DvZ was supposed to show up with me and to meet SVS and ski.
    I didn't make it but they all ended up meeting at the designated campsite and proceeded to have phenominal luck getting first lift of the spring after the storm.

Two radically different people meeting and sharing great Beartooth experiences...

so all the two car campsites were at least partially booked 10-14. anotherVTskibum has mentioned spots along 2412. looking on google maps, i found this spot: 45.007024, -109.406043.

seems to be a trailhead parking lot. anyone know what this accesses? anyone know if car camping there is strictly forbidden?
    swing your fucking sword.

I'd sleep lower, like actually in the valley, instead of being up on the plateau.

Awesome Djongo (meet up story).

We were there on weekdays last year and the upper lift was almost always ski on. Lower lift could get a little long with all the race camps. From what I gathered stalking hastags on Instagramz the weekends are significantly more crowded.

Djongo I have an Inreach I can ping you with on the way out if there is any chance you can make it that week so we can track each other down. My phone worked a bit up on one of the pullouts up high off the highway where you could see out into the plains but otherwise nada. Satellite reins king down in the camping zone.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    so all the two car campsites were at least partially booked 10-14. anotherVTskibum has mentioned spots along 2412. looking on google maps, i found this spot: 45.007024, -109.406043.

seems to be a trailhead parking lot. anyone know what this accesses? anyone know if car camping there is strictly forbidden?
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I'd sleep lower, like actually in the valley, instead of being up on the plateau.
    I can’t look up the location but Abe is right. Even way down low expect snow and cold-ass camping. Ha.

word. thanks guys.

dj, is the mining road the road that leads past parkside and limber pine campgrounds?

There's the FS campgrounds, Greenough, parkside, limber pine but the rest of the road (421) is all frrestyle camping along rock creek.
    Car pull ins, pull offs and pull outs for tent camping and truck slide ins...

I bet I've seen over 100 different camps set up. That road is fucking miles long so don't sweat it and absolutely skiing/camping on weekdays is better as far as crowding goes.

JFC have I got some crazy stories from that place, hammered at the Snag bar in town, fist fights in the middle of the road with some Billings rednecks, waking up to a tent sagging under 8" of fresh overnight.
    Solo laps over to Rock creek in my ski boots.

UM it's easier to find someone than you'd think. Just drive and look for the plates. Only so many places one can go. Gardiner pull out, 57 chevy, Stateline turnaround, RC switchback, camp or town.

UM says he's there from june 6-11.
    You SUF?

If I can get up there when you're there I'll PM you the secret sweet spot and we'll party.

Fuck, now I'm getting excited. Shut out for 2 seasons is a biotch.

I do love sitting by the fire after dinner smoking dem herbs and listening to the deafening roar of Rock creek. Noshing on candy from the Emporium and laughing with ma buds.

A bear could walk up on ya before either of ya knew it...

Hey Bud, let's party!

edit: google maps: look at the pass road;
    then there's the mining road opposite/somewhat parallel to the the pass road;
    with the main FS road below and between the two, following right beside the creek.

hellz yeah. i'll be there 10-14.

Damn, wish I could make it this year, but family in town here in CO for most of June. Hope y'all can get together and have a blast!

I'll shoot for 10 and 11 of june so I can catch both of youse guyse. Camping and skiing on thurs/fri should be tittaaaayyyyzz.

now i hain't done no summer skiing before. what should i bring quiver wise? i'm thinking hojis and bibbys but could be waaaayyy off.

Something 100ish probably the most useful. I'll probably just bring my Enforcer 104's. If it looks snowy maybe the BIlly Goats but most likely leave them home to save room for a slack line and hammocks.

It can be refrozen garbage up top but fun little groomer hits at the bottom. This year with the wench cat maybe groomer slot all the way up. So something that can carve for the morning or if it doesn't soften.

The 115 ish of course fun in the slush.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Something 100ish probably the most useful. I'll probably just bring my Enforcer 104's. If it looks snowy maybe the BIlly Goats but most likely leave them home to save room for a slack line hammocks.

too bad i sold my only skis less than 105. eh, what can ya do?

You'll survive.

Bring skis to have fun. I wouldn't sweat the setup too much.

I might make a mad dash out there but I'm in a holding pattern for a weather window to do a traverse. Missing out last year was a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I'll shoot for 10 and 11 of june so I can catch both of youse guyse. Camping and skiing on thurs/fri should be tittaaaayyyyzz.
    I may show up for this.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

my buddy bailed on me so looks like i'll be solo.

got a wedding in joysey that weekend, should be around this time next year

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I said I could be up for going next weekend. Not interested, huh?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I googled those lat/long #'s and well I can tell ya there's gonna be a shitton of snow at that elevation fosho. Likely not an option and weathery as fuckall at 10k+.

Harry - I was gonna ask you if you would be up for some Bt pass fun. You'd dig it and you know my shit is dialed tight like a drum for that place.
    Either way I wanna connect while yer back.
    When do you roll into the Big?

Schwerty - you wanna jump in on this?

I googled those lat/long #'s and well I can tell ya there's gonna be a shitton of snow at that elevation fosho. Likely not an option and weathery as fuckall at 10k+.
    yeah, i moved on from that spot. found somewhere along rock creek that should be good.

you won't need to have a spot dialed if your rolling in on a thursday. Money bet is you'll be able to pick from a multitude of cool spots. If I'm there, you can camp at the secret island by the crick spot with us.
    Usually Friday afternoon is when campers, tenters, hardsides with ATV's come rambling in.

For a yout, yer gonna get a head start on a lot of skiers by hitting the Pass before your first day of college. It'll be an eye opener.
    A little guidance go's a long way. I had a friend show me the ropes the first time and it began a lifetime passion for the place.

Also, Dunraven pass in Jelly continues to be closed for construction. Access from the south gate will require an extra 30 miles in the first National Park. Shite.

Last year I put my snow tires BACK on just for the trip and still got snowed out.

I said I could be up for going next weekend. Not interested, huh?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheeeet, must have missed that. I could absolutely be in for next weekend, gotta work on Friday but can probably dip out early afternoon.

Alright, well, think about how you wanna do it.
    It'll be shorter if you go from the site up to West Jelly and go up and over from there. Prolly 5-6 hours.

About the same for me from here. Doesn't make much sense to come to the valley.

I could give you exact directions to the secret spot prior to launch.

Bring skis, a bike and a gun. And a tent and sleeping bag. And food. And alcohol. No weed for you.

Poma passes are $50 full day. Plenty of hike-to skiing too.

Harry - I was gonna ask you if you would be up for some Bt pass fun. You'd dig it and you know my shit is dialed tight like a drum for that place.
    Either way I wanna connect while yer back.
    When do you roll into the Big?

Schwerty - you wanna jump in on this?
    I will be in Big Sky the first 2 weeks in June. I’ve got a renter in my place right now, but they are moving out next week. (You know my renter, it’s that chick from Boise that made us Mexican for dinner that time). You are welcome to drop by anytime. I’m also hoping to get in a drift boat session with lifelinksplit sometime during that 2 week period, you want in on that ? But yeah, I will definitely see you at Beartooth Pass.

I’m on a limited time schedule because of caring for my Mom. She had eye surgery last week, and has another important medical procedure on June 15, so I am trying to squeeze this trip in between.

StealYurFace, looking forward to meeting you. Any friend of Bunion is a friend of mine.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    StealYurFace, looking forward to meeting you. Any friend of Bunion is a friend of mine.
    likewise, harry.