Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    WYdot says 212 from Cody is still closed. My money rides on that. Would love to know where the basin boyz heard otherwise.

And camping on the Wyo side will be fucked for another month. That info is not ideal.

Being on the pass is it's own quarantine. If you can't keep enough distance there, yer fukked.
    I think they're looking forward to their opening weekend, when 212 will (presumably) be open all the way through.

Slack-skiing (car assisted) is going to be a bit more challenging, I think.

I was kidding about gas reciepts. But like seriously I've been quarantining since mis march

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I was kidding about gas reciepts. But like seriously I've been quarantining since mis march

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    I warned you about Miss March.

- she's the cougar down in Red Lodge, nowadays. Hangs at the Snow Creek or maybe they offed her down to the Snag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Methinks it'll be easy enough to stay distant and safe. I manage it most days.

No wrecking though on skis. No good for to call out the Workers about now.

Safety. Safety. Safety; but don't share the bowl.+=/

And don't get skilyft high, he can't even change a channel then.

Beartooth Pass conditions?

And don't get skilyft high, he can't even change a channel then.
    Haha haha, dying laughing after reading that! TRUTH I was useless at navigating the dark arts of the reverse, pause, and play function on that remote!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/10479012034...bstory_index=0

I mean I have a week off in June because of a now covid canceled music festival but I'd hate to inadvertently bring covids to the Beartooths, or be lynch mobbed by the covid enforcement thugs upon arrival.

I like to dream though. Self containment in the travel wagon and Wag bags would be easy for a week. Unless something went wrong...

Meh. Have fun guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    all the bat flu enforcement thugs are all tied up in the bat flu odyssey thread arguing all day every single day morning noon and night and weekends too. I don’t think any of them actually ski anyway. I’m sure you and your daughter will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I think they're looking forward to their opening weekend, when 212 will (presumably) be open all the way through.

Slack-skiing (car assisted) is going to be a bit more challenging, I think.
    I am hearing 212 will most likely not be open for the holiday weekend. Secretly I am hoping that is the case so I can grab a couple sleds from the family cabin in Cooke City and have a couple laps without the masses!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Planning to swing down early-June to get a day in at the pass.

Way too good of an opportunity to pass up, and the GF has been stewing about getting more time on the planks ever since the season's end got robbed from us.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I like to dream though. Self containment in the travel wagon and Wag bags would be easy for a week. Unless something went wrong...
    Camping in the woods and not going to town sounds like a definition of quarantine to me. Wonder what the locals will say to you if they see out of state plates though.

Speaking of 'went wrong', this is just for everyone's amusement and that's all: Went camping with the family last weekend. Went nearby so no need to stop for gas or anything. 3 year old turned on some lights in the car when we were not looking, and due to tinted windows we never saw them on at night. Battery drained, and my brand new fully charged portable battery charger didn't fucking work. So i hike 2 miles to the highway and flag someone down. believe me, NOBODY wanted to stop and get COVID, so I was calling the nearest tow truck company an hour away, and a nice Mormon couple stopped and saved the day. So much for being self-contained, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Way too good of an opportunity to pass up, and the GF has been stewing about getting more time on the planks ever since the season's end got robbed from us.
    Woah, literally dripping with entitlement. Gross.

Name:  468C9A06-D563-4E3E-9BC2-E0244636C949.jpeg
Views: 885
Size:  52.0 KB

Feel trapped in a no-win situation right now.
    I'm a seasonal ski area employee in Colorado and the Beartooths are my summer home.
    Cant stay here, but can't go there?

Trying to consider alternative options for early summer skiing until work returns.

Maybe camping near Independence Pass or in the Unitas?

Quote Originally Posted by 93SubiWagon View Post
    Feel trapped in a no-win situation right now.
    I'm a seasonal ski area employee in Colorado and the Beartooths are my summer home.
    Cant stay here, but can't go there?

Trying to consider alternative options for early summer skiing until work returns.

Maybe camping near Independence Pass or in the Unitas?
    Is there anywhere lower elevation in Montana where you could camp for two weeks and meet the isolation requirement? That would solve the "can't go there" issue, hopefully with plenty of summer turns left.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Wyoming is open, (I guess?) so plenty of snow left on the big passes. Minor limitations but a shitton of snow still.

You can camp out back if you bring the ganj.

AVS - we miss your firsthand reports. Hope you're enjoying the new view.

Teleee - damn, braaaaapping around Cooke with almost no one there seems very appealing. 74 in town right now though; maybe we should just call Schwerty and go wet one.

After missing last year’s shenanigans, I was all about making this year. Marked days off and the wife gave the ok. Well shit went sideways in February so looks like I’ll miss this year as well.
    Feck. Have fun if this is still a go and post some pics of you all shredding.

MT Gov today announced Phase 2, which begins June 1st. One thing done away with is the 14-day quarantine.

If yellowstone is opening I have no guilt about social distance skiing.

Thanks for the info! I’ll plan on visiting in early June.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shaping up for the typical Memorial day forecast. Cold, windy, potential for heavy snow.

Billings Forecast looks a bit better.

Beartooths

TODAY...Snow showers likely in the morning, then rain showers
    likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation an inch or less in the
    mountains around Cooke City. Highs in the upper 40s. Southwest
    winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
    .TONIGHT...Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow
    showers. Lows in the upper 20s. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph.
    .FRIDAY...Snow showers likely in the morning, then rain showers
    likely in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in
    the lower 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of
    precipitation 60 percent.
    .FRIDAY NIGHT...Snow showers likely and slight chance of
    thunderstorms in the evening, then snow showers likely overnight.
    Accumulations possible. Lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 5 to
    10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
    .SATURDAY...Snow showers likely in the morning and early
    afternoon. Slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Rain
    showers likely late in the afternoon. Accumulations possible.
    Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of
    precipitation 70 percent.
    .SATURDAY NIGHT...Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of
    thunderstorms and snow showers in the evening. Lows in the lower
    20s.
    .SUNDAY...Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and
    thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s.
    .SUNDAY NIGHT...Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s.
    .MEMORIAL DAY...Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 05-21-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

My crystal ball is telling me that Saturday the gate at the state line will be closed, full opening on Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    After missing last year’s shenanigans, I was all about making this year. Marked days off and the wife gave the ok. Well shit went sideways in February so looks like I’ll miss this year as well.
    Feck. Have fun if this is still a go and post some pics of you all shredding.
    Same here. FTMFL. Gonna still get the wife and kids up to MT in July to visit family (airline tix were CHEEEEEEEAP!) but no way I can swing it for myself. I'm a sad panda. Hopefully next year. Even had the green light from the wife to spend a few nights in Red Lodge, ski my balls off, and just get stupid with you goons for a few days. Pissed about 2020. Haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Woah, literally dripping with entitlement. Gross.
    What, do you think I blame the ski areas for this? I'm fully aware of what is/isn't guaranteed with owning a season pass, and that we aren't entitled to a full season when a pandemic like this lands on our shore. Closing early from a state ordered public health emergency couldn't have been avoided by anyone.

What robbed of us our season's end? Covid-19. It robbed that from a lot of us on here, and it sucks when the cause is something you can't even see. But that's the way it is. Hopefully I will get the chance to throw a pair of $45s at them for a day on a camping trip. Lord knows they could use the support after a rocky past few seasons.

But perhaps next time don't just make a blanket assumption about someone like that mmkay?

Its what G-master does best.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Can't help but laugh at this pic... Unity!

No one is gonna be policing shit up on the pass. Nor at the gate.
    Remember it's Wyotana.
    It's highly unpredictable for the skiing, rarely considered easy, and always a stunning roadtrip.

I may just come up via Cody to Belfry then over and up. Looking for a co pilot.

I also just found out this tidbit: In Yellowstone, a portion of the road between tower jct. and canyon will be closed thru 2021. New roadwork up by Chittenden. That changes getting thru the park, more circuitous now. Phugggggg.
    Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    Same source 5/17:

Sorry ugly, might not be the year. Bring your daughter if you make it out though

edited to add weather, looks to be a classic cold soggy opening weekend:
    WYdot says 212 from Cody is still closed. My money rides on that. Would love to know where the basin boyz heard otherwise.

And camping on the Wyo side will be fucked for another month. That info is not ideal.

Being on the pass is it's own quarantine. If you can't keep enough distance there, yer fukked.
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Camping in the woods and not going to town sounds like a definition of quarantine to me. Wonder what the locals will say to you if they see out of state plates though.

Speaking of 'went wrong', this is just for everyone's amusement and that's all: Went camping with the family last weekend. Went nearby so no need to stop for gas or anything. 3 year old turned on some lights in the car when we were not looking, and due to tinted windows we never saw them on at night. Battery drained, and my brand new fully charged portable battery charger didn't fucking work. So i hike 2 miles to the highway and flag someone down. believe me, NOBODY wanted to stop and get COVID, so I was calling the nearest tow truck company an hour away, and a nice Mormon couple stopped and saved the day. So much for being self-contained, ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    If yellowstone is opening I have no guilt about social distance skiing.

I keep thinking, if I don't do it this year I'll be be another year older when I do. And my daughters week at summer camp is almost certainly going to be canceled so this would be something cool for her to do instead, a little camping, a day of hiking, a couple days of skiing. And I do think I could probably do this covid19 ethically which is important to me, unless shit hit the fan, but shit could hit the fan here too, and I won't go if I can't. And my daughter wants to go because she is cool. And the wife is thrilled with the idea that we'd be gone for a few days.

So I'm for sure keeping this on the radar. June 7th to 10ish.

Do it! Sounds like a cool dad/daughter adventure. If you can push your dates to later in June you can join SVS and I.

I'm probably in too