Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    I have a smart phone and TV and I suppose they may be listening to me- but one of those alexa/echo things where you invite the vampire in is just too much, I can't imagine wanting one of those
    Besides listening, a lot of new TVs have cameras that watch you (https://www.consumerreports.org/priv...ping-features/). If you have one, put tape over that fucking thing.

AFAIK, basically any Android phone with Google Assistant (i.e., all off them) has the same functionality as a Google Home device. But, you can turn that off: https://support.google.com/assistant...d/894436?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If you have one, put tape over that fucking thing.
    Also do this with your work laptops if you already haven't..

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Also do this with your work laptops if you already haven't..
    These are convenient for laptops if you use Skype, etc. regularly: https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Smar...dp/B07C74S59Z/

These are convenient for laptops if you use Skype, etc. regularly: https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Smar...dp/B07C74S59Z/
    My new Dell has one built in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Resistance is futile.

Although it's not much like the Borg and really more like our modern corporations learned a thing of two from the Matrix; machines have built us a cozy, comfortable existence while the sum of our mundane, daily actions fuels the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Resistance is not futile, but it's probably insufficient. The fantasy that we're fine if Big Data plays benevolent overlord works (for most people) until it gets weaponized, at which point the incentive to hack the data is too high and since that effort scales everyone gets hacked. Which happened already.

Equifax told the Chinese military where everyone works so they can sort targets by value. Lots of people work remotely using VPNs, which IT works hard to secure. But apparently they don't even need to hack Alexa to take advantage of this backdoor: with a couple of targeted ads a seller on Amazon can offer very attractive prices and deliver devices to anyone whose conversations might be extra interesting. Phones, ideally--who tapes their phone's cams?

Roku doesn't have a power switch, is always online and controls updates etc. Same with Alexa?

Face it, doing anything to protect yourself from spying makes you one of the few and as such you're more likely to be spied on as you pique the algorhithm's interest. Better to just leave everything alone and just be boring, at least where they can hear or see you. You're still allowed to think whatever you want. for now.

I'm only half-kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Face it, doing anything to protect yourself from spying makes you one of the few and as such you're more likely to be of interest and thus spied on as you pique the algorhithm's interest. Better to just leave everything alone and just be boring, at least where they can hear or see you. You're still allowed to think whatever you want. for now.
    They got to you man, you’ve been compromised.

Exactly what they want you to think.

https://www.amazon.com/Archie-McPhee...1441995&sr=8-1

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just me, huh? Who is this "they" to whom you refer, then?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Phones, ideally--who tapes their phone's cams?
    No one.

I feel sorry for all these people spying on me with my alexa smart tv cell phone and laptop camera
    they probably don't know what to do when they see how much pussy I get on a daily basis
    I know they are spying because all the ads I see are for condoms lube and morning after pills

Sadly, Fred, no one cares how much pussy you're getting. They just want your bank account passwords. Fortunately, you can keep them from hacking you by making sure to stick with http and not https. That way they won't know to target you.

No one.
    Yup. I know a pretty decent sample of techy sorts paranoid enough to tape their laptop cams, but every one loves his little pocket spy too much to mess up its beautiful face. (I would say myself included, but I'd have to finish taping the laptop cams first.)

Can you imagine how many millions of hours of stored footage "they" have of guys jerking off?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Can you imagine how many millions of hours of stored footage "they" have of guys jerking off?
    One can only imagine........

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    yeah that's something I want to imagine

but if you do that's your thing , I'm sure they can sell it to some university so they can do a full in depth cock study

They don’t call you fast Fred for nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    They don’t call you fast Fred for nothin.

She just got back from her two week ski vacation calling me a minute man would be a stretch

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app