Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    have you ever questioned the nature of your reality

the day i go to slaughter one of my beef and it maintains after a headshot is my day for sure

Do you think that if you were falling in space... that you would slow down after a while, or go faster and faster?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    So your playing "just the tip" with smart tech.......

You'll be balls deep soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Unfortunately it seems a lot of the developed world will be (or already is) balls deep into this type of tech. We are all slowly but surely allowing it into our lives without a fight, it will take over our lives and when we look back in 20 years we will all wonder what the fuck happened!!?? why did no one fight or try to stop this. Society as a whole is being persuaded with all this new tech to make your lives way easier, "alexa turn on the lights", auto braking cars, semi autonomous driving cars. I'm not very old but honestly turning on my lights and paying attention while driving isn't that big of an issue for me.

Haha i'm joking (somewhat).... stay woke...

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Do you think that if you were falling in space... that you would slow down after a while, or go faster and faster?
    come on seriously? depends on the gravitational forces acting on your body. now black holes and shit, idk man.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Dude. A spaceship on a treadmill in space........think about it man, think. about. it.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    come on seriously? depends on the gravitational forces acting on your body. now black holes and shit, idk man.
    lol its from twin peaks fire walk with me.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_KJgkf2bk

I've got an Echo and one night I said good night to my 14 year old lab by saying "I love you Summit" because she may not be alive when I wake up. As I said those words my Echo said "I like you, as a friend". I never said the wake up word so there is no way it should have responded. But at lease I know I have friend when the machines take over.

I'm pretty sure the machines don't consider me a friend, so you're in a better spot than me.

I thought that was Melania.

Anyone else having any trouble with the pod bay doors?
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I've got an Echo and one night I said good night to my 14 year old lab by saying "I love you Summit" because she may not be alive when I wake up. As I said those words my Echo said "I like you, as a friend". I never said the wake up word so there is no way it should have responded. But at lease I know I have friend when the machines take over.
    Remind me again why anyone uses these stupid fucking things? Because they're too lazy to click a few buttons or write something down?

Yup. They just substitute the word "lazy" for "smart". = being lazy is smart, pushing buttons is for dummies, smart people use tech gadgets to do simple things because they are smart. You are smart aren't you? Or you a dummy? Smart people use smart products.

Brainwashed yet? Samsung, Google, and Amazon think you're a dummy, you going to be smart?

Nah, you just keep flicking the light switch yourself like a goddam homeless person.

Big Brother is watching YOU. Right now, don't turn around. I'm all set with that Alexa crap. Seemed cool at first until I realized it was like a baby monitor in the room, listening to my every word. creepy shit, indeed. What was that BlacK Mirror episode ? blackmailed for spankin the monkey
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Remind me again why anyone uses these stupid fucking things? Because they're too lazy to click a few buttons or write something down?
    Yup, I will never have that shit in my house. Cam on laptop covered, power down phone if not in use. I know the NSA is collecting my every key stroke, so why make it even easier for the fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Man there are a lot of tinfoil hat wearing folks in this thread

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Man there are a lot of tinfoil hat wearing folks in this thread
    Right? Don't they know that corporations are our friends??

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Right? Don't they know that corporations are our friends??
    I just asked Alexa to buy stock in aluminum foil

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

Housesitting for a friend. Was chilling out on the sofa and ripped a loud´ish fart.
    Suddenly a female voice behind the television asked "I dont understand, Would you like me to search for that?".

If you insist..

For a split second there was quite a bit of Wtf going on.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Housesitting for a friend. Was chilling out on the sofa and ripped a loud´ish fart.
    Suddenly a female voice behind the television asked "I dont understand, Would you like me to search for that?".

If you insist..

For a split second there was quite a bit of Wtf going on.
    +1 for ripping farts on buddy's sofa! Remind me to put covers on the furniture if I have you house sit.

And this is where an API and extensions would be awesome. I would love to customize any of those wiretaps to remind you to check your underwear after a fart. Imagine how freaked out you'd be if Alexa had piped up out of nowhere to ask who sharted?

Had my brother over for brunch yesterday and some auction that we attended together years and years ago came up in conversation for some reason. We laughed about destroying the open bar and the stupid shit we bid on, namely the fact that I came home with a shedload of Red Lobster gift certificates. Since yesterday, I have received no more than 4 emails from Red Lobster and I havent received one ever before. I think i have to blame Alexa.

Alexa LOVES Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
    I still call it The Jake.

kill it

kill it now
    watch out for snakes

I have a smart phone and TV and I suppose they may be listening to me- but one of those alexa/echo things where you invite the vampire in is just too much, I can't imagine wanting one of those

I'm convinced Google assistant and Siri are listening. Too many times we've discussed something and an ad pops up on a feed somewhere right afterward. Most recently was a small rum distillery that came up for some reason in conversation with friends and it popped up on my wifes instagram page as soon as she opened it. We don't drink rum. So we don't follow any rum things or search for it.