Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solitude

Solitude

Alterra buys Solitude. the beat goes on...

Another one bites the dust. How long will bird and Alta be able to hold out?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

The Bird and Alta need to fully team up

Was just talking about Soli with a buddy this weekend, but I said "I wonder how long till Vail buys them." 7 at Alta/Bird plus unlimited at Soli doesn't sound like a bad deal.

"While it’s expected the ski area will be added to the new IKON Pass for the 2018-19 season, those details have yet to be released"

I likey...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The interconnect concept sure does make a lot more sense with a conglomerate pass like the Ikon.

"But you can't ski it all in one day!" said no one in Europe. Ever.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Fuck, I just made the decision to buy passes there this season. I was avoiding Ikon-linked and Epic-linked areas purposefully.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    "While it’s expected the ski area will be added to the new IKON Pass for the 2018-19 season, those details have yet to be released"

I likey...
    I just bought my family pass today. So i'll be happy if they add it to IKON. I suspected this was coming when it took Solitude until last week to announce pass prices for 2018/2019. I wouldn't mind the 4 days at some of my favorite mountains.

Nobody skis in Europe. They put their skis on at 11:00. drink wine and have lunch at 12:30 stop at 2:00

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Does this mean i can go back to work there and rock my neil young sideburns below my ears and not need to shave every day?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Does this mean i can go back to work there and rock my neil young sideburns below my ears and not need to shave every day?
    Nobody should rock Neil Young sideburns, ever, including Neil Young.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Nobody should rock Neil Young sideburns, ever, including Neil Young.
    Blasphemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Solitude might be the location of two of my best days of snowboarding ever. Sorry for your loss, but you just got access to a shitload of great mountains for the price you used to pay for one.

its all good bro i dont pay for passes
    its an industry thing
    but im inclined to go back to work there for added free pass bennies
    despite the added bunny's
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    its all good bro i dont pay for passes
    its an industry thing
    but im inclined to go back to work there for added free pass bennies
    despite the added bunny's
    If you need tips on the conga line let me know, .

The Bird is not going anywhere.

It's good for Utah skiers for sure. Unlimited Solitude + 7 days at Alta/Bird.

For an average SLC skier, this makes sense.

The big thing that comes in to play now for SLC people --- what does your group of friends decide to do????

That's what it's all about in the Front Range - which pass does your friend buy? Now it looks like SLC peeps need to look at that too (maybe not as much though). I'm sure all of the UofU people are either straight-up LCC or Park City, but for the older crew, maybe it does come in to play what the family friends buy and what you buy.

Def some options now for you Wasatch people.

PS - If Ikon Pass can get Snowbasin in there somehow, either 7-days or better yet, an acquisition from Alterra of both Sun Valley/Snowbasin, then Ikon Pass will OWN Utah.

as long as it doesn't impact the BBI Soli 2019......
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    It's good for Utah skiers for sure. Unlimited Solitude + 7 days at Alta/Bird.

For an average SLC skier, this makes sense.

The big thing that comes in to play now for SLC people --- what does your group of friends decide to do????

That's what it's all about in the Front Range - which pass does your friend buy? Now it looks like SLC peeps need to look at that too (maybe not as much though). I'm sure all of the UofU people are either straight-up LCC or Park City, but for the older crew, maybe it does come in to play what the family friends buy and what you buy.

Def some options now for you Wasatch people.

PS - If Ikon Pass can get Snowbasin in there somehow, either 7-days or better yet, an acquisition from Alterra of both Sun Valley/Snowbasin, then Ikon Pass will OWN Utah.
    That would be interesting. Not sure it would sway us, from Sandy its hard to make many trips up to Snowbasin when LCC is 13 miles away. Park City residents that had Deer Valley passes should love the Solitude option. I imagine that over Christmas when Park City is crowded Solitude will see a big increase in skiers.

As far as the interconnect, is there a way for Deer Valley and Solitude to hook up without crossing PCMR or Brighton property?

Everything is wonderful and nobody is happy.

Yup, horrible thing that is. Cheaper skiing. How dare they.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Everything is wonderful and nobody is happy.

Yup, horrible thing that is. Cheaper skiing. How dare they.
    They want less bunnies clogging up their lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    That would be interesting. Not sure it would sway us, from Sandy its hard to make many trips up to Snowbasin when LCC is 13 miles away. Park City residents that had Deer Valley passes should love the Solitude option. I imagine that over Christmas when Park City is crowded Solitude will see a big increase in skiers.

As far as the interconnect, is there a way for Deer Valley and Solitude to hook up without crossing PCMR or Brighton property?
    I'm actually tempted to buy a Deer Valley pass this year due to this. I probably won't because it is crazy expensive compared to Epic, but it is damn tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    They want less bunnies clogging up their lifts.
    its okay the bunners ,jerries, and blue square ikons dont fantasy gnar hike
    to the

We haz a highway to heaven that'll git ya there on a traverse/skin without the you dont wanna fall exposure or booter straight up the sick gnars
    and if i go back to work there which is lookin likely as im kinda L9ed out and miss working and skiing in the same place
    ill be able to score 1/2ers and comps and bestow more brofessional curtsies