Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Solitude

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    weird thing is that Ski Utah has offered that pass for the past 20ish years..... and when Vail purchased PCMR/Canyons they removed themselves from that pass. I wouldn't expect Vail to play ball with that concept, it totally goes against their business model of offering a cheap season pass and then milking their skiers for every dime at every chance.

On the Solitude sidecountry debate, you all do realize you can easily access the solitude sidecountry more quickly just by hiking from hwy 210/LCC, right? you need to ride 2-3 lifts to hike a gate at solitude whereas its an easy 45 minute hike from Alta to Silver Fork.

Solitude is a great ski area with great terrain though. I always enjoy skiing there, but damn if solly skiers don't take more pride in their bootpacks than they do in the ski area's actual skiing terrain. oooohhhhh you have a steep bootpack with a cable around a rock......
    There's 3 cables brah.
    Edit to add- yes the hiking is faster from lcc. Also, access can be shut down from Soli to those areas. But, #1 I have a pass @ Soli. #2 that puts me in lcc-dealing w/parking & people.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    There's 3 cables brah.
    Edit to add- yes the hiking is faster from lcc. Also, access can be shut down from Soli to those areas. But, #1 I have a pass @ Soli. #2 that puts me in lcc-dealing w/parking & people.
    Sometimes giving up a little terrain is worth it for less hassle and people imo. I'm not so into rat races any longer.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Never shared a chair with Sage at Soli Bird is orders of magnitude better in terrain than anything else in utah. Everybody go ski there. There is plenty of room over in lcc for you. 1 person per car iz the rule. Drive your f350 by yourself. Avoid teh meh brahhhhhhh
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post

If I toured which I don't.
    Hmmmm.

I definitely think that everyone should by ski at snowbird and tell their friends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Don't get me wrong.
    Bird is the shit!