Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Palisade gets its own Enchilada!

あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Already a thread about this somewhere but that is exciting news.

I’ll drive down there just for the produce.

I got some apricots last week that we’re like crack.

Much excite!

Next visit out that way Palisade/Junction/Fruita may be it the whole time vs. Moab area. It was already good anyhow, but this addition will (hopefully) be even more betterer!

Bonus: less drive time. Downside: less cheap and/or free camping.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

its a whole enchilada you think you're gonna drown
    ( a million points if you can name that reference)
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    its a whole enchilada you think you're gonna drown
    ( a million points if you can name that reference)
    John Prine live.

"Sing the enchilada song!"
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wonder how long it's gonna take to build it?

Downside: Grand Junction as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    John Prine live.

"Sing the enchilada song!"
    slow clapping
    Hello darkness my old friend

Pretty sweet that this is gonna happen, but damn, I remember hearing about this years ago. The amount of bureaucratic bs required to get a trail built is ridiculous. Looking forward to checking it out one day.
    And yeah, stone fruits in the area are incredible. Best peaches ever. I used to regularly destroy a flat between there and Tahoe.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Pretty sweet that this is gonna happen, but damn, I remember hearing about this years ago. The amount of bureaucratic bs required to get a trail built is ridiculous. Looking forward to checking it out one day.
    And yeah, stone fruits in the area are incredible. Best peaches ever. I used to regularly destroy a flat between there and Tahoe.
    Yeah, we're lucky they come up to our farmers markets every week..

Read this news the other day... may donate to the local bike club if they are looking for build funds.

BLM has woken up around here as of late... They are (finally) formalizing some camping on Prince Creek.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    The life lesson in doing advocacy work here in the US is to remain incredibly patient and to keep going no matter what. It's totally freaking ridiculous though. I've been in meetings for well over 10 years now and still haven't moved forward with the principal projects. In the end, we'll get things done I believe but I might be too old to actually ride it when we do!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Not holding my breathe, but isn’t a lot of this trail already built and they are connecting various trail segments? Maybe I’m wrong, hoping for the best, but if they buy one of those fancy trail building mini excavators, they can get something like this built relatively fast.

This trail plus the other options in the area really make driving to Moab a little harder. Not to mention cheap lodging.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Not holding my breathe, but isn’t a lot of this trail already built and they are connecting various trail segments? Maybe I’m wrong, hoping for the best, but if they buy one of those fancy trail building mini excavators, they can get something like this built relatively fast.

This trail plus the other options in the area really make driving to Moab a little harder. Not to mention cheap lodging.
    Yeah I think a number of sections already exist. I bet it's like 3-4 years out.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Yeah I think a number of sections already exist. I bet it's like 3-4 years out.
    Yup - it's the only way you can really build out a big trail like this.

32 miles of virgin singletrack? Would never happen...

Who's got the intel updates on this bad boy? It sounds like they are saying full completion Spring 2021 which is now! This trail is going to be amazing.

Curious to know how long of a shuttle this is.

6,000 vert drop!

https://copmoba.org/wp-content/uploa...-Trail-Map.pdf
    https://visitpalisade.com/portfolio-...letrack-bliss/
    https://www.copmoba.org/power-the-pl...-84cde7d3-e930

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Who's got the intel updates on this bad boy? It sounds like they are saying full completion Spring 2021 which is now! This trail is going to be amazing.

Curious to know how long of a shuttle this is.

6,000 vert drop!

https://copmoba.org/wp-content/uploa...-Trail-Map.pdf
    https://visitpalisade.com/portfolio-...letrack-bliss/
    https://www.copmoba.org/power-the-pl...-84cde7d3-e930
    I have heard from a few folks who have gotten to “preview” it that it is pretty burly in spots and might be a little much for the average rider. No cakewalk. I’ve definitely seen some spots with some pretty serious exposure in the pics. Looking forward to checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I have heard from a few folks who have gotten to “preview” it that it is pretty burly in spots and might be a little much for the average rider. No cakewalk. I’ve definitely seen some spots with some pretty serious exposure in the pics. Looking forward to checking it out.
    So it's got some Moab Portal style zones? I'm sure most people here know what to expect. Probably a lot like Palisade Rim trail in the lower/mid elevations.

What are you hearing for grand opening time frame? I imagine some snow may need to melt.

I heard that they ran into some issues last fall in a couple of spots attempting to complete the entire trail, so it won't officially open until this summer (they won't open it until the whole trail is fully finished)... early July most likely. I'm not sure what that means for opening access to the bottom "half" via Lands End Road, aside from the amount of snow that's still up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    So it's got some Moab Portal style zones? I'm sure most people here know what to expect. Probably a lot like Palisade Rim trail in the lower/mid elevations.

What are you hearing for grand opening time frame? I imagine some snow may need to melt.
    Portal/Notch kinda things but maybe more of it that the WE. I don’t know. One dude I heard from is a far better rider than me and he wasn’t that stoked on it due to the amount of hike a bike downhill in sketchy spots but maybe that will be mitigated. It was also last season. Tough knowin without riding it yourself though.

From the trailbuilder's insta 3 days ago:
    We are getting closer to opening date! The vast majority of the Plunge is still thawing out or under snow. There is seasonal wildlife closures until MAY 1st!!
    Once we can get up near the top, we will do some fine tuning and final touch ups then it'll be up to the Land Managers to drop the rope and give the official green light. *Until then please respect and obey ALL signage and closures!!!

I'd heard June opening.

Guesses on how much of a shit show this will be? I can't imagine there is much shuttle infrastructure (# of vans) in the area compared to likely hype/demand.

Good to hear there is some nice tech on it.

I can't wait. Pretty stoked to have this in the backyard. I want to say there is a mag that has a shuttle company but I could be imagining things.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I can't wait. Pretty stoked to have this in the backyard. I want to say there is a mag that has a shuttle company but I could be imagining things.
    You and me both! I havent heard of shuttles yet, but I bet we could bribe my wife (a non rider) with Palisade adult beverages to shuttle a mag trip or 2.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?