Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    At the foot of Arrowwood
    Posts
    1,201

    Palisade gets its own Enchilada!

    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

    Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    colorady
    Posts
    1,339
    Already a thread about this somewhere but that is exciting news.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    7,110
    I’ll drive down there just for the produce.

    I got some apricots last week that we’re like crack.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cuntecticut
    Posts
    1,699
    Much excite!

    Next visit out that way Palisade/Junction/Fruita may be it the whole time vs. Moab area. It was already good anyhow, but this addition will (hopefully) be even more betterer!

    Bonus: less drive time. Downside: less cheap and/or free camping.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Uber Alles California
    Posts
    3,924
    its a whole enchilada you think you're gonna drown
    ( a million points if you can name that reference)
    Hello darkness my old friend

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    25,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    its a whole enchilada you think you're gonna drown
    ( a million points if you can name that reference)
    John Prine live.

    "Sing the enchilada song!"
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,925
    Wonder how long it's gonna take to build it?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Grand Junction
    Posts
    25
    Downside: Grand Junction as a whole

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Uber Alles California
    Posts
    3,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    John Prine live.

    "Sing the enchilada song!"
    slow clapping
    Hello darkness my old friend

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    lake level
    Posts
    1,396
    Pretty sweet that this is gonna happen, but damn, I remember hearing about this years ago. The amount of bureaucratic bs required to get a trail built is ridiculous. Looking forward to checking it out one day.
    And yeah, stone fruits in the area are incredible. Best peaches ever. I used to regularly destroy a flat between there and Tahoe.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    11,123
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Pretty sweet that this is gonna happen, but damn, I remember hearing about this years ago. The amount of bureaucratic bs required to get a trail built is ridiculous. Looking forward to checking it out one day.
    And yeah, stone fruits in the area are incredible. Best peaches ever. I used to regularly destroy a flat between there and Tahoe.
    Yeah, we're lucky they come up to our farmers markets every week..

    Read this news the other day... may donate to the local bike club if they are looking for build funds.

    BLM has woken up around here as of late... They are (finally) formalizing some camping on Prince Creek.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Pretty sweet that this is gonna happen, but damn, I remember hearing about this years ago. The amount of bureaucratic bs required to get a trail built is ridiculous. Looking forward to checking it out one day.
    And yeah, stone fruits in the area are incredible. Best peaches ever. I used to regularly destroy a flat between there and Tahoe.
    The life lesson in doing advocacy work here in the US is to remain incredibly patient and to keep going no matter what. It's totally freaking ridiculous though. I've been in meetings for well over 10 years now and still haven't moved forward with the principal projects. In the end, we'll get things done I believe but I might be too old to actually ride it when we do!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,925
    Not holding my breathe, but isn’t a lot of this trail already built and they are connecting various trail segments? Maybe I’m wrong, hoping for the best, but if they buy one of those fancy trail building mini excavators, they can get something like this built relatively fast.

    This trail plus the other options in the area really make driving to Moab a little harder. Not to mention cheap lodging.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    6,937

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    4,630
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Not holding my breathe, but isn’t a lot of this trail already built and they are connecting various trail segments? Maybe I’m wrong, hoping for the best, but if they buy one of those fancy trail building mini excavators, they can get something like this built relatively fast.

    This trail plus the other options in the area really make driving to Moab a little harder. Not to mention cheap lodging.
    Yeah I think a number of sections already exist. I bet it's like 3-4 years out.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    6,937
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Yeah I think a number of sections already exist. I bet it's like 3-4 years out.
    Yup - it's the only way you can really build out a big trail like this.

    32 miles of virgin singletrack? Would never happen...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Splat's Garage
    Posts
    3,700
    Who's got the intel updates on this bad boy? It sounds like they are saying full completion Spring 2021 which is now! This trail is going to be amazing.

    Curious to know how long of a shuttle this is.

    6,000 vert drop!


    https://copmoba.org/wp-content/uploa...-Trail-Map.pdf
    https://visitpalisade.com/portfolio-...letrack-bliss/
    https://www.copmoba.org/power-the-pl...-84cde7d3-e930

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Who's got the intel updates on this bad boy? It sounds like they are saying full completion Spring 2021 which is now! This trail is going to be amazing.

    Curious to know how long of a shuttle this is.

    6,000 vert drop!


    https://copmoba.org/wp-content/uploa...-Trail-Map.pdf
    https://visitpalisade.com/portfolio-...letrack-bliss/
    https://www.copmoba.org/power-the-pl...-84cde7d3-e930
    I have heard from a few folks who have gotten to “preview” it that it is pretty burly in spots and might be a little much for the average rider. No cakewalk. I’ve definitely seen some spots with some pretty serious exposure in the pics. Looking forward to checking it out.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Splat's Garage
    Posts
    3,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I have heard from a few folks who have gotten to “preview” it that it is pretty burly in spots and might be a little much for the average rider. No cakewalk. I’ve definitely seen some spots with some pretty serious exposure in the pics. Looking forward to checking it out.
    So it's got some Moab Portal style zones? I'm sure most people here know what to expect. Probably a lot like Palisade Rim trail in the lower/mid elevations.

    What are you hearing for grand opening time frame? I imagine some snow may need to melt.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,567
    I heard that they ran into some issues last fall in a couple of spots attempting to complete the entire trail, so it won't officially open until this summer (they won't open it until the whole trail is fully finished)... early July most likely. I'm not sure what that means for opening access to the bottom "half" via Lands End Road, aside from the amount of snow that's still up there.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    So it's got some Moab Portal style zones? I'm sure most people here know what to expect. Probably a lot like Palisade Rim trail in the lower/mid elevations.

    What are you hearing for grand opening time frame? I imagine some snow may need to melt.
    Portal/Notch kinda things but maybe more of it that the WE. I don’t know. One dude I heard from is a far better rider than me and he wasn’t that stoked on it due to the amount of hike a bike downhill in sketchy spots but maybe that will be mitigated. It was also last season. Tough knowin without riding it yourself though.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snowmass
    Posts
    423
    From the trailbuilder's insta 3 days ago:
    We are getting closer to opening date! The vast majority of the Plunge is still thawing out or under snow. There is seasonal wildlife closures until MAY 1st!!
    .
    Once we can get up near the top, we will do some fine tuning and final touch ups then it'll be up to the Land Managers to drop the rope and give the official green light. *Until then please respect and obey ALL signage and closures!!!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    2,416
    I'd heard June opening.

    Guesses on how much of a shit show this will be? I can't imagine there is much shuttle infrastructure (# of vans) in the area compared to likely hype/demand.

    Good to hear there is some nice tech on it.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    3,120
    I can't wait. Pretty stoked to have this in the backyard. I want to say there is a mag that has a shuttle company but I could be imagining things.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I can't wait. Pretty stoked to have this in the backyard. I want to say there is a mag that has a shuttle company but I could be imagining things.
    You and me both! I havent heard of shuttles yet, but I bet we could bribe my wife (a non rider) with Palisade adult beverages to shuttle a mag trip or 2.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •