Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nissan NV200 AWD

How come you never hear about these? I just found out they are/have been available with AWD.

What do you know?

Sounds like an option for a utilitarian grocery getter, second vehicle, road trip mobile.

#vanlife

In the states?

It appears they offer discounted custom graphics so that you can become an #influencer and get your #sponsors logos printed on the #van.

I don't see an AWD version on the Nissan USA website though?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    #vanlife
    #ratherputmydickinafan

I can't even imagine how that scene is somewhere "cool". I like to think (hope) I live somewhere decidedly "uncool" and it is out of hand. Apparently, I am very stereotypical. You wanna haze #vandooshes undercover in this thread? I'm game.

Doe, yes in the US...I think

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=482361904

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    #ratherputmydickinafan

I can't even imagine how that scene is somewhere "cool". I like to think (hope) I live somewhere decidedly "uncool" and it is out of hand. Apparently, I am very stereotypical. You wanna haze #vandooshes undercover in this thread? I'm game.

Doe, yes in the US...I think

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=482361904
    You're the one with a history (the quoted post included) bashing the van life thing and you're asking about buying said type of van.

Car websites are notorious for not having accurate option packages. That has to be a typo.
    Live Free or Die

Yup definitely not AWD or this rig would have been built with AWD. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5338.JPG 
Views:	565 
Size:	290.4 KB 
ID:	239378

https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/05/nis...land-rv-video/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

my thread, I make the rules

#vanlife - more money than sense, >$50K rig, attached social media account, skinny jeans, beard oil

#me - KIR, have a 3/4 work trip that is overkill for many applications, TGR only, dirty Carhartts, dirty unkept goatee

Looks like the AWD is not available. Thanks. Honestly, I'm constantly on the hunt for the unicorn of a fuel efficient second vehicle that I can sleep inside of and has decent FS road, winter conditions driving ability.

I have probably spent close to a thousand days in my life sleeping in the back of my pickup. If that is #vanlife, guilty as charged.

on the hunt for the unicorn of a fuel efficient second vehicle that I can sleep inside of and has decent FS road, winter conditions driving ability.
    My GF counts on me spending two cups of coffee on Craigslist every morning looking for said unicorn

my thread, I make the rules

#vanlife - more money than sense, >$50K rig, attached social media account, skinny jeans, beard oil

#me - KIR, have a 3/4 work trip that is overkill for many applications, TGR only, dirty Carhartts, dirty unkept goatee

Looks like the AWD is not available. Thanks. Honestly, I'm constantly on the hunt for the unicorn of a fuel efficient second vehicle that I can sleep inside of and has decent FS road, winter conditions driving ability.

I have probably spent close to a thousand days in my life sleeping in the back of my pickup. If that is #vanlife, guilty as charged.
    It's called a Subaru Outback. 8.7" of clearance will get you most anywhere you need to go with decent tires. Long enough for most to sleep in. Yes, they're cliche.

#me -- $5.5k van. TGR mostly, but i have FB for my IRL friends. Levis. Can't grow a full beard. Sleep in van 50-60 nights a year, and it's way more comfy than the back of a pickup. I am about to start a little website to keep trip reports where I ski small local hills, tour a bit, and sleep in a van. So count that against me.

Too bad about the clearance, otherwise this is your answer: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Sportwagen-TDI

Fuck. I clicked on this thinking it was some new option from Nissan.

A Toyota Sienna already exists. If you want more clearance that you don't need, spend almost nothing and jack it up a bit. JFC, grow a pair and don't give shit what the bro brahs think. Not to mention, when you put the seats back in it, 6 of your bro brahs can go with you.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

For the Sienna, are you talking about just putting spacers in it to lift it? There's a guy in Canada that has custom Springs made and front strut/ rear shock extenders, but it's around $1200. Pretty rad, you can get a 3 to 4 inch lift input more all terrain-ish tires on there

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    For the Sienna, are you talking about just putting spacers in it to lift it? There's a guy in Canada that has custom Springs made and front strut/ rear shock extenders, but it's around $1200. Pretty rad, you can get a 3 to 4 inch lift input more all terrain-ish tires on there

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Any Nissan with a CVT should be avoided and if you own one sell it before your warranty runs out.
    They are in a shitstorm because they own 75% of the company that makes the most faulty cvt belts on the planet.

Other than that....they're great

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post

Agreed on the Sienna AWD being a sweet vehicle. These days, I'd fit in more that fit out with the mini van. The challenges are they are a little pricey and a cargo van would be more appropriate.

Outbacks- It has been considered. I'm not sure what the upside is over any other plain jane SUV however.

Really an updated Astro AWD would be perfect. Obviously, I'm not the first to say it. Reality is I'm not buying anything tomorrow, just your regular internet talking about it and doing nothing.

That said, something like this https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...621441971.html would be pretty sweet.

Nissan NV200 AWD

That said, something like this https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...621441971.html would be pretty sweet.
    And it has 2 set of tiers. Upper and lower?

Agreed on the Sienna AWD being a sweet vehicle. These days, I'd fit in more that fit out with the mini van. The challenges are they are a little pricey and a cargo van would be more appropriate.

Outbacks- It has been considered. I'm not sure what the upside is over any other plain jane SUV however.

Really an updated Astro AWD would be perfect. Obviously, I'm not the first to say it. Reality is I'm not buying anything tomorrow, just your regular internet talking about it and doing nothing.
    Outback upside is sleeping length, mpg, and a better awd system than most SUVs.

As someone with an aging (now 17 years old) Astro. I totally agree. Easy to lift a few in with spacers / coils in the rear. 8ft of cargo space. Slays in the snow and up fire roads.

If someone could make it a bit more comfy to drive, up the mpgs a few, and give it Subaru Outback/Forester like clearance and AWD, it'd be perfect. Really, just put a van body on the Subaru Outback platform and call it good.

From this weekend:

Element? With an ecamper pop top if you need more space.

Used midsize pickup+Go Fast Camper?

I'm with you, Foggy_Goggles and doebedoe. I love smallish, utilitarian vans. I have a Transit Connect (with a removable sleeping platform) now that I really like, but wouldn't mind two inches of extra ground clearance for rutted dirt roads. AWD in the winter would be nice as well, but I haven't really had any problems with FWD and snow tires, so it's more on the nice to have list. I'm averaging 23 or 24 miles a gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Used midsize pickup+Go Fast Camper?
    Go Fasts are cool, but they are sort of a solution to a different problem. They aren't very optimized for winter camping, they aren't stealthy (like a cargo van could be), and they're pretty expensive. I bought and setup a van for camping for the same price as the topper alone.