Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned but. I saw a news story the other day on how air fryers start a lot of home fires. Be sure and unplug your appliance when not in use!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Bought this one in November to replace an ancient toaster oven. GF uses the air fryer feature and loves it. No weird smell.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08K8T3W2V

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Anyone buy an airfryer recently that they'd recommend? Reading reviews for a lot of the popular sub $200 models and there are so many complaints of burning plastic smell across most brands.

Anyone have any proven recommendations?
    I bought an instant pot a few yrs ago along with their air fryer. Love that thing. A lot of things that are good in a microwave are better in the air fryer. Have also recently done mac and cheese from scratch, wings, and air fryer pasta chips are killer. The instant pot fryer works well with the pot so sometimes whatever you cook in the pot you just stick the air fryer on top and go to town

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Anyone buy an airfryer recently that they'd recommend? Reading reviews for a lot of the popular sub $200 models and there are so many complaints of burning plastic smell across most brands.

Anyone have any proven recommendations?
    I got GE air fryer was about $4000, came with an induction stovetop. Used the air fryer for the first time today to make pita chips. So good.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Just replaced a toaster oven from 2007 with this thing. Figured I might as well get the best one.
    https://www.target.com/p/ninja-foodi...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Air fried about 25 wings in it and they turned out pretty damn good.
    I also did some steak in it, and it will be my go to steak in a pinch, when I don't feel like grilling.

We have this one. It's been ATK's top pick for the last few years. It's amazing.

https://www.breville.com/us/en/produ...u=BOV900BSSUSC

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

We’ve had a version of Cuisinart Air Fryer since the pandemic hit. It has become quite a nice addition to the household.

This one has lasted the longest and has worked the best of the 2 versions.

Cuisinart CTOA-130PC2 Digital Model Airfryer Toaster Oven, 0.6 cu ft, Silver https://a.co/d/gIL3Q2g

Thanks all. At these prices I'm probably going to hold off for now, or at least watch for sales.

I watch this guys videos and he has some sub $200 options

https://prohomecooks.com

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    We have this one. It's been ATK's top pick for the last few years. It's amazing.

https://www.breville.com/us/en/produ...u=BOV900BSSUSC

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    That is the air fryer version of what just died on me. The selector dial stopped going to your selection, and just randomly landed on stuff.
    Probably an easy fix, but I needed a small oven in the garage for powder coating stuff. Win win. I got the dial to land on "bake" and there she will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    That is the air fryer version of what just died on me. The selector dial stopped going to your selection, and just randomly landed on stuff.
    Probably an easy fix, but I needed a small oven in the garage for powder coating stuff. Win win. I got the dial to land on "bake" and there she will remain.
    Love this retirement story. Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned but. I saw a news story the other day on how air fryers start a lot of home fires. Be sure and unplug your appliance when not in use!
    Our Cosori air fryer is being recalled, looks like most of their models are a part of the recall.

https://www.recall.cosori.com/

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    You...

don't...

say?

I dont have an air fryer

I didnt waste time reading it

I dont have an air fryer

I didnt waste time reading it
    Did you look at the post *immediately* before yours?

maybe or not ?

maybe I didn't check last post before posting ?

there may be more relevant info in the link I posted ?

why don't you just take it as more info ?

as opposed to acting like an insufferable cunt ?

as opposed to actualy being an insuferable cunt ?

<snip>
    as opposed to acting like an insufferable cunt ?

as opposed to actualy being an insuferable cunt ?
    Don't tell me how to live my life.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1678228004.746747.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	450925
    Cuisinart looks to have come out with the newest model so this one is on sale at Costco if you can find it. This is the one we have and it’s been fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

^^^^^

FWIW, I just bought that at Costco yesterday. Haven't done anything but make toast and crisp up some Costco pre-cooked bacon, bus so far it works. Will probably end up being a glorified toaster oven, but maybe it will save me from firing up the big oven sometimes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    ^^^^^

FWIW, I just bought that at Costco yesterday. Haven't done anything but make toast and crisp up some Costco pre-cooked bacon, bus so far it works. Will probably end up being a glorified toaster oven, but maybe it will save me from firing up the big oven sometimes.
    Take the time to learn all the functions. You can make a lot of legit meals in these things.

Anyone experiment with a combo air fryer/instapot type thingy? Thinking a small one - preferably low wattage - would be a neat thing to have on the boat. Space is key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Anyone experiment with a combo air fryer/instapot type thingy? Thinking a small one - preferably low wattage - would be a neat thing to have on the boat. Space is key.
    That's what I've got. It's ok, works well enough. Scanning the page above makes me want to get a standalone air fryer though.

The fryer I've got sits on top of the instant pot and the fryer basket sits in the instant pot's stainless pot. So as a fryer it can't cook very much at once (food for 1-2 people tops). But at the same time the lid and basket take up more room than you might want when not in use, same with the Instant pot itself. And you need the instant pot to use the fryer. Not a very flexible system.

For a boat or camper I might get a standalone fryer since I use that a lot, and then a manual pressure cooker. I have one by GSI outdoors I keep in my camper that is a 2.7L pot with a lid you just lock on to pressure cook. Or you can use it as a normal pot at other times. They made a 6L size as well.

The digital dial on our Cuisinart is getting faultier as time goes on. Only 2 years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    The digital dial on our Cuisinart is getting faultier as time goes on. Only 2 years old now.
    We are on number 2 of these and they all do the same thing. At least it cooks food very well.