Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone know anything about Rossignol Bikes?

I've been bike shopping the last month or so, and have found a hookup on a new Rossignol All-Track Trail for essentially the same price as a new base-level Stumpy ST.

It's no doubt spec'd a lot better, but I worry about getting the first year of anything, especially when Rossi hasn't been in the bike biz yet. If they were re-badged Felt bikes, I'd probably feel better about it, but they insist they have developed these on their own.

Surprisingly little about them online, and even their website doesn't really have any info.

I've ridden it a bunch as a loaner, and compared to my 10 year old HT it's a great bike. It feels fun and poppy on the down, climbs pretty ok on the up for a 31 lb bike, and handles well.

The bottom bracket seems low and I kept hitting my pedals, though this could be a shock set-up issue and my JONG technique more than the bike's fault. I've also flatted the rear tire every single ride, which again isn't the bike's fault but has colored my impression of it (definitely would go tubless if I buy it).

Anyone have experience with them? Know anything about how they'll hold up over time?

I'm sure Rossi isn't actually manufacturing these bikes. They've just ordered some fairly generic aluminum frame from one of a handful of asian factories that offer that sort of thing. On one hand, I'm sure attention to detail and fit/finish isn't going to be nearly as dialed as a Specialized. On the other hand, that sort of thing doesn't necessarily matter that much. Generic asian factories have more or less figured out how to make a decent bike by now, so while I'd bet the Rossi isn't particularly stiff, the frame is probably around 500g heavier than it should be, and the bearings are probably shit, at the end of the day it's a functional bike for a good price.

It's been said before, but at that price, find someone who can get a "pro" deal on the Diamondback bikes and take a look at the Release line. My step-son just picked up a Release 3 for a song and the build kit on that thing is awesome. Modern geo, good suspension platform, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    It's been said before, but at that price, find someone who can get a "pro" deal on the Diamondback bikes and take a look at the Release line. My step-son just picked up a Release 3 for a song and the build kit on that thing is awesome. Modern geo, good suspension platform, etc.
    That was my first thought since I have a corporate code and access to experticity. Unfortunately right now they don’t have anything in my price range and size.

Claimed at 31.10 lb. Nice and heavy.

Aaaand Rossignol bike ads are now popping up on my instagram

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'm sure Rossi isn't actually manufacturing these bikes. They've just ordered some fairly generic aluminum frame from one of a handful of asian factories that offer that sort of thing. On one hand, I'm sure attention to detail and fit/finish isn't going to be nearly as dialed as a Specialized. On the other hand, that sort of thing doesn't necessarily matter that much. Generic asian factories have more or less figured out how to make a decent bike by now, so while I'd bet the Rossi isn't particularly stiff, the frame is probably around 500g heavier than it should be, and the bearings are probably shit, at the end of the day it's a functional bike for a good price.
    this ^^ a LOT of bikes used to be made in the giant factory, they can make you anything want for cheap but what was the design that the product manager ordered or did they just pick a stock frame out of a book ?

the link is of an enduro ish kinda FS bike but they all look the same so you can't tell if where a pivot goes is good how its finished yada yada because a bike is more than a collection of parts which is the difference between the A or B or C brands

Without riding it the customer orders what is essentially a C brand cuz no body has ever heard of it from a place that sells every kind of sports gear there is
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    Claimed at 31.10 lb. Nice and heavy.
    What would you want/expect a $3k, 150mm bike with a dropper to come in at? I have no idea about modern bike weights other than they are all super heavy compared to what they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    this ^^ a LOT of bikes used to be made in the giant factory, they can make you anything want for cheap but what was the design that the product manager ordered or did they just pick a stock frame out of a book ?
    Interesting. So are they like an Elan situation, where they make like 30% of the world's skis and build to your spec? Or just a churn and burn sort of factory where everything just gets repainted? Rossi bought Felt a couple years ago, so I assumed they were using their production facilities. But I have no idea what Felt's been doing before they were bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    What would you want/expect a $3k, 150mm bike with a dropper to come in at? I have no idea about modern bike weights other than they are all super heavy compared to what they used to be.

Interesting. So are they like an Elan situation, where they make like 30% of the world's skis and build to your spec? Or just a churn and burn sort of factory where everything just gets repainted? Rossi bought Felt a couple years ago, so I assumed they were using their production facilities. But I have no idea what Felt's been doing before they were bought.
    Kind of like elan. Giant produces a healthy portion of the world's bikes, including some from other large-ish brands, and a whole shitload of generic townies for the Asian market. They have the ability to make super high quality stuff as well as much, much lower quality products. I don't know specifically, but I would be very surprised if Felt had a factory that was dedicated to producing their frames. Most of the Asian factories are producing products for multiple brands.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep. Giant was originally an aluminum and metals manufacturing company in Taiwan... and then they started building so many bikes for various companies (like Trek) they decided to sell their own. Which is why they tend to be a good deal since there's less of a markup needed.

That was my first thought since I have a corporate code and access to experticity. Unfortunately right now they don’t have anything in my price range and size.
    For $500 more than the Rossi, the DB Release 5C is available on expercity right now for $3500, at least in M and L.

31 lbs isn't entirely ridiculous for a bike like that, but it's solidly at the heavy end of the spectrum.

For a trail bike like that rossi, I'd expect it to be sub 30 lbs. Probably 28 ish lbs would be about as light as you'd realistically find for a comparable bike. Plenty of options around 29 lbs for $3k.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    For $500 more than the Rossi, the DB Release 5C is available on expercity right now for $3500, at least in M and L.
    Yeah, my budget is only $1,500-2k, which is pretty much why I'm looking at the Rossi. At 3-3.5k there are tons of other options I'd look at first, I think.

I am not sure why they though using the same naming as their ski boots was a good idea.

As mentioned its just a Felt so I'm sure its just fine.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

synergies, man

I would want them to weigh 24lb. Get on it bike industry!!!

Yeah, my budget is only $1,500-2k, which is pretty much why I'm looking at the Rossi. At 3-3.5k there are tons of other options I'd look at first, I think.
    Trance isn't a bad line to consider either... and cheaper than the Rossi. Or Kona Process too.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trance-2
    https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trance-3

I'd recommend against buying one simply due to the travesty that is Rossignol's website.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'd recommend against buying one simply due to the travesty that is Rossignol's website.

Haha. Right?!

I don’t have a lot of love in my heart for Rossi in general.

All I see on their website is ebikes.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    All I see on their website is ebikes.
    And I can briefly see the bikes, but then it immediately kicks me over to the ski site?

I don’t have a lot of love in my heart for Rossi in general.
    If they brought back the Sickle I'd absolve them of all past and future misdeeds.

" But we have learned that these are not Rossi-branded Felt bikes. Rather, Felt is helping Rossi manufacture unique Rossignol bike models – the specs, geometry, and components are all unique to Rossignol. "

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...uces-mtn-bikes

one ^^of the google hits, I duno about the rest of you dentists but personaly I would rather Rossi were shleping rebranded Felts than whatever they have cooked up

so it looks to me like they are choosing to market their line thru an on-line presence which I supose is the way things are going but there is not much info out there online so WTF ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It kind of looks like they took over where Fuji left off.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

so it looks to me like they are choosing to market their line thru an on-line presence which I supose is the way things are going but there is not much info out there online so WTF ?
    I saw a bunch of the DH bikes for rent up at Bogus Basin. So maybe the demo market is what they are shooting for? Ski shops and ski areas that carry their skis just carry that relationship over to summer.