Fit: Sidi vs Lake vs Shimano vs 45NRTH

Anybody have any real world fit experiences with these different brands? I'd like to buy the Sidi Dominator Fits advertised here, but going through my closet last night I found the following of my cycling shoes.

45NRTH (Japanther?) size 45
    - are a bit too short

Specialized comp mtb (7-8 years old) size 45
    - fit well but I wouldn't want to go any smaller

Lake size 46
    - winter boots are a touch bigger than I would buy again

Shimano size 46 road shoes
    - are a touch bigger than I would buy again

45.5 seems like the ticket for Lake, Shimano and 45NRTH. Specialized would be fine in 45 or 45.5, I think.

Any comments on how the Sidis would fit in comparison to these? Yes, I realize my feet are different than yours. General feedback would be great.

Seth

Buy the Sidi

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I want to. I just don't want to end up with a pair of shoes that don't fit.

Seth

Sidi’s normal last is narrower. Once they stretch out, they fit very close and I don’t even need socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Sidi’s normal last is narrower. Once they stretch out, they fit very close and I don’t even need socks.
    Thanks. Narrower than...? Any of the shoes in my list?

Seth

Fit: Sidi vs Lake vs Shimano vs 45NRTH

Some Sidi models are available in wide as well

Hi. I have about the same size foot as you (street shoe size 10.5-11 depending on brand). I don't have any experience with Lake or 45NRTH, but currently own and ride the following Sidi and Shimano shoes:

Sidi Dominator 4 (bought around 2005 or so) - Size 44. Nice snug fit (normal width) and stretches out nicely once warmed up.

Shimano SH-M161G (from around 2011) - Size 46. More room in the toe box and a bit wider overall than my Sidis. I think a size 45 or 45.5 would be ideal for my foot.

My experience from trying on a bunch of shoes is Sidi's are quite narrow, Shimano's are "normal", and Lake are wider (but not more volume). In other words: Sidi fits like Toms, Shimano fits like Nike, Lake fits like Asics.

Thanks all. I ended up trying a pair of Specialized comps in 44 and 45, Shimano ME3s in a 45 and 46, and Sidi dominator 7s in 44 (only size they had).

Overall feeling is that the Specialized comp has way more forefoot volume now than the earlier version that I have. The 45 was too voluminous and the 44 was too short.

The Shimano felt much better, but I'm definitely a 46 in that shoe.

I liked the fit (although tight) of the dominator the best, but all around it was too small. I'm going to take a chance on the dominators and hope they fit better. I might need a 45.5 in that shoe, but we will see when the 45s of cinnepas arrive.

Seth

Got the Sidis in a 45 yesterday (thanks cinnepa!) and got them out for a ride today. They fit really well and I'm really impressed with the difference in feel from my other shoes (45NRTH, Specialized, Shimano). The ratchet system on these shoes is far superior to the ones on the other mentioned brands and they feel as stiff as the Shimano road shoes with carbon soles. There will be a little breaking in to do, but these seem to be a great choice.

Seth

I’ve had Sidi Dom 5s for 8 years. Every time I put them on I think to myself, “I bought too small a size”. Then I ride for 5 minutes and don’t even notice them. Best fuckin shoes out there. Almost all my buds ride on them.