Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1348
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    You guys are making me want to mount up my pair.
    Wait, wut?

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Oh for cryin our loud. Mount the fuckers already.
    I have a feeling that it’ll happen sooner rather than later.

ACH- I’ve got a real purdy pair of new Fats sitting in the basement.

Rode the 187 fats this weekend, would’ve loved my 191 fats. Is it worth upgrading or should I keep my old Lhasa’s in rotation?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu4R_bwn...=1e3dyvos7kl9q

Here’s my review of 187’s.... 191’s have no top end speed limit and wouldn’t munched the chopped pow. yes me and my bros still hoot and holler like kids on low angle pow days

Yes worth the upgrade. Loved my old 187 Fats, but the 191 Lhasa fat is superior in pretty much all ways.

I was worried the 191 Praxis Lhasa wouldn’t be as quick as my 187s, but those fears have been quelled

Are new 191’s as good on the edge as the 187’s? The 187’s are so versatile even on hard pack

I think the prototypes i have are 113 underfoot for 187’s and 126(?) for 191’s

Don’t make me upgrade

Yes they are and yes you should. The praxis build with the new tail rocker makes this the ski it was destined to be.
    I owned the 187FAT, 191FAT PMGear build and now the 191FAT Praxis build.

191 praxislhasa is the best Lhasa I’ve skied

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’ve had pure and hybrid non fat Lhasa. The praxisfat is equally good imo to either of those and far exceeds in anything 3D.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

A little late to the party, but mounted mine and skied them finally.

Enduro, carbon 4/5 with veneer and mounted -1 with FKS185.

Instantly felt right at home on these. Very pleased with the 4/5 flex and I like the feel of carbon pop in a ski and with these there was also good dampness as well. Skied so well in powder, tracked up etc and also on hardpack. I was looking for this size ski with better hardpack performance to L120, BG's etc and I think this is the one for me. I think the slight camber is key here.

Such a great ski and my bamboo L120s are going to be hard to choose with these around.

Thanks Pat and Keith for such an amazing ski!

Ok, You guys talked me into it. Just wait for praxis website to post?

Anyone looking for a pair? I’ve enjoyed mine but doesn’t mesh well with the terrain I typically ski, looking to pass them on to someone who can use them and appreciate them more. 3/4 flex, enduro, tineo veneer.

I was just thinking about these today, after looking at my specs spreadsheet (yeah, I know...) and sorting by turn radius. The bi-radius, 34-41, tip to tail, is the baddassinest I've got for mountain goating around on the steep firm and nasty stuff.

I only managed to ski mine 8 times last year and 7 of those were in frigid-ass, wind-scoured conditions. After the first couple of days I found myself reflexively grabbing them specifically for that. Got in an argument about it on the lift once with some old dawg know-it-all motor mouth authoritarian who told me I was "you're on the wrong skis for these conditions, kid!". "Sheeeeyit. I'm 44 years old, mutherfucker! Wait, what were we talking about?"

I was having trouble on these last year for a bit, till several months later I realized that a few years of skiing on flat and reverse camber skis had lead to my developing the unconscious bad habit of leaning out of my turns about 3/4 of the way through. Anything with more than 1-2mm of camber would lock in straight once in a while and just about wreck me. In my hubris I thought the skis were railed ("all my cambered skis must be railed!"), but turns out it was just me who was railed.

Resurrecting this thread. Skied my Lhasa FATS last weekend, first time this year, on an absolutely amazing day. We have been getting pounded with snow and made the tough decision to leave the Protest at home and roll with the FATS. First world problems, eh.
    Received 8” new over night sitting on top of 36” from the previous days. Wind transport to leeward slopes was in the 18”+ range. Major nukage starting at 11:30 making for full reset of knee deep goodness.
    Waited for rope drop and got in first on a nice wide open slope. Mashed the shite out of the throttle making very few uber high speed floaty drifty turns to the bottom, GOT DAMN! THAT’S why I dig this ski so much. Gets loose so predictably it’s not funny. Does nothing you don’t tell it. The roosts coming off them was huudge during the turn. Total jet wash.
    Carving my way back to the lift through the chunder was laughable, set the edge and just slay.
    Last run of the day was down a very skied out run that had slight wind buff and 6” fresh sitting on it. A crew of 6 of us gang raped it. I straight lined the top 1/3 then preceded to set 4 giant turns down the rest on railroad tracks at warp. Barely had the legs left to shut them bad chickens down but the new tail rocker allowed me to put them sideways very easily and in complete control.
    FKNA!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1996.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	311019

Name:	IMG_1213.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	899.6 KB 
ID:	311020

Sounds like a mix of my gpo and my bg. Thats a quiver overlap i want!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

I wish I had been able to participate on that order. I love my OG Lhasa fats, but a looser tail would be nice.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Honestly my favorite pow ski to date. I need more time A-B-C testing my Lhasas, Protests, and Cease and Desists, but if I’m being honest the Lhasas are my favorite In both variable pow and super deep stuff

Last to mount?

Name:	P1030375.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	923.7 KB 
ID:	314182

I know, what the fuck?
    Too many already mounted pow skis?
    Lack of commitment on binder choice?
    Mount point issues?
    All of the above.

I have long been an ardent lover of the Lhasa Fat.
    When I brought the PMGear version into my quiver back in the day, it kicked out both the Goliath (@108mm waist) and the Lotus 120.
    It's been my primary pow ski for a long time (Kusala too).
    Always thought it was the best ski evar?
    Now it's the best ski ever.

The storm only gave 3" over a skied out mountain.
    Best conditions were found in the steep. fairly tight trees that were filled with notched out moguls.
    Soooo fun.
    The big shovel is like an eager shock absorber waiting to be driven in to the next soft trough.
    Load 'em up with energy and POP! into the next turn.
    Loves to charge, but with the slight tail kick it is extremely easy to feather turn shapes or shut them down very quickly.
    Small turns, medium turns, biiiiig GS turns, soft zipper bumps … check.
    Mounted @ -0.5cm
    Kept the factory tune w/o detuning; I like 'em sharp, could still scrub the tails but railed groomers.
    I wouldn't normally choose my PMGear Lhasa Fats for that terrain, definitely the Kusala as that is an extremely adept tree / crud ski.
    But the new Praxis pressed Fats with the slight tail kick are much more manageable in tight terrain than the old Fats, perhaps as much as the Kusala.

I was a little concerned that I screwed up my build after hearing all the accolades of the 4/5 Heavy core.
    But at 150# my 3/4 Enduro core + Carbon & Veneer seems to be perfect (admittedly with a small sample size so far).
    Damp yet poppy; Lively yet composed.

May have made a couple of mistakes over the summer buying a BG and a Koala.
    Will have to A/B/C them against the new Lhasa Fat, but they may be up for sale soon.

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Nice dood!
    That build sounds perfect for a man of your stature.
    The slight tail rocker is money.
    I will be on mine this weekend.
    Kopi still has an unmounted pair, gah!

pfluffenmeister - thanks for understanding my passion for this ski. This was the fourth tweak in the design. If I had it to do over again, I'd bring the camber further forward for little better engagement and I'd actually drop that tail a bit. What I misss is the ability of the previous version to lock into a carve when the ski rolls onto edge.. Are those yellow ones the fats? I ski a yellow pure carbon og 191 , not a fat, but it was the last iteration before Keith did them that shaved 1 cm off the tail. I'm in heaven skiing this ski. It's a trencher and a floater. But you know all this.

^^^ Yeah, I really love the Fat.
    Fine work there.

The yellows are OGs (112 waist).
    I picked them up from detrusor.
    Pures from the last batch.
    Should be able to drop in Pivots in the existing holes to keep them at one mount.
    (maybe CAST eventually; good travel, do everything ski).
    Pretty excited to ski them as I love the Fats so much.
    Same shape but -5mm, what's not to love?
    I skied a couple of the 186 Lhasas and never clicked with them, but I think the additional running length on the 191s should have me smiling.

Kusala-wise, one is very stiff (IIRC it was the first pure with rubber that you pressed; I picked it up from kevino?) the other is also a pure but is pretty soft (recently bought it as a back-up and will drop in Dynafits in existing holes I imagine it's rather light).

Thanks again Splat, don't know where my quiver or level of skiing enjoyment would be without your designs.

So can we have Keith make a 191 Kusala?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Kopi still has an unmounted pair, gah!
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    So can we have Keith make a 191 Kusala?
    Tasty-cakes.

… Or maybe 196, they are very easy to throw around.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Wut?
    Haha!

Not last!

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    . What I misss is the ability of the previous version to lock into a carve when the ski rolls onto edge...
    That’s weird. I have none of that issue. Just as easy to roll onto the edge as my old previous versions yet allow the tail to release easier at slower speeds in tight terrain or heavy dense snow. Carve like crazy when commanded.
    Didn’t you also mount yours +1 of the line on the new version? Essentially being +2 of the previous version.
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 02-06-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Wut?
    Yeah...