Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51
Results 1,251 to 1,272 of 1272
    Not sure how itís possible but every day I ski my Lhasas I like them more. 8 inches of heavy surfy snow. So much fun in the glades. Really great for picking my way through right tree lines. The shape lends itself very well to smoothing our crud and variable, heavy snow. Extremely confidence inspiring.

Iíve had very little time on them on hardpack, but they can really lay down a trench

Heavy stiff(4/5) mounted on the line for sth2 16s. Very light passes with a gummi stone on tip and tail. My pair was nicely detuned from the factory.

Skied them bell to bell today in 8-12" or fresh over ice so I got to try them out in every type of snow you can think of.

They are carve’y skis, you can release the tail and slarve, but slashing is not really allowed.

They require somewhat of a forward stance, but not crazy amounts of tip pressure, staying upright and centered works great in fresh.

The heavy layup is damp, quiet and very stable. Not super poppy but is awesome when you’re pushing it. Feels a lot like a on3p. I really like the 4/5 flex, allows the tip to flex and provide suspension through bumped up snow.

Great landing platforms, won’t kill you if you land a little backseat.

In fresh snow they ski like a scalpel, sort of like the 4frnt renegade but with a more forward stance. You are in the snow, but can navigate and change direction as you please. This allows them to work great in the trees, but also allows them to upon up on steep faces. They are awesome in fresh and tracked out fresh snow. Big turns, small turns, medium turns, no problem.

Where I wasn’t a huge fan was in more set up soft chop. Here I felt the ski still retain that scalpel feeling, cutting through the chop more than blasting through it, this is just a very different feeling that what I am used to with skis of this waist width. Feels very different from the BG in chop.

Not great in moguls(duh), but the stiff flex allows you to just bomb, straighligned many a moguled groomer today out of lazyness.

On the one smooth groomer I skied today they laid trenches and felt very strong on edge.

They make me want to try a super goat lol.

BTW what’s the radius on these?
    Last edited by mr_pretzel; 03-12-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Nice. Wonder who else picked up the heavy 4/5.
    Your chop comments are confusing to me.
    Bi-radius. 34 tip to 41 through the waist and tail.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Nice. Wonder who else picked up the heavy 4/5.
    Your chop comments are confusing to me.
    Bi-radius. 34 tip to 41 through the waist and tail.
    I'll ski them more tomorrow and see if I notice any changes. I should point out that it still charges in the soft chop, just in a different manner? Less pushing the tip through stuff and more slicing.

Awesome, thank you! I knew it was big, but not that big, cool.

I wonder if the stiff flex is "preventing" you from slashing. I find my Enduro/Veneer/3-4 flex pair easy enough to slash in soft snow, so long as I am pressuring the tips moderately. Leaning back and I can feel the edges along the tail hooking up and taking me the direction the tail wants to go (straight).

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I wonder if the stiff flex is "preventing" you from slashing. I find my Enduro/Veneer/3-4 flex pair easy enough to slash in soft snow, so long as I am pressuring the tips moderately. Leaning back and I can feel the edges along the tail hooking up and taking me the direction the tail wants to go (straight).
    That probably makes sense. I can still slash, but the ski is by no means “slashy”. I would love to get on one of the lighter more energetic builds, I could see them being really fun.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I'll ski them more tomorrow and see if I notice any changes. I should point out that it still charges in the soft chop, just in a different manner? Less pushing the tip through stuff and more slicing.

Awesome, thank you! I knew it was big, but not that big, cool.
    That makes sense. ZERO plow from these bad dogs! Just stand on them and cruise through the chop like it ainít no thang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Personally I feel the stiff flex allows them to slash easier, the tip doesnít want to flex and pull the tips up the hill. My heavy stiffs slash with super ease due to the tail rocker mod. Maybe itís my detune as I have that absolutely dialed for my taste.
    Lol, yeah, the tails will not tolerate you being lazy/on them which is another reason I love this ski. Bring the proper form and they flat crush. Not that I havenít had the tail remind me of that!

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I should point out that it still charges in the soft chop, just in a different manner? Less pushing the tip through stuff and more slicing.
    I have a pair of the OG Lhasa fats, the combination of taper, profile and flex creates a tip that will cut through just about anything without being deflected, in short they haul ass while being really stable regardless of how chopped up conditions get (within reason - refrozen avalanche debris pretty much suck on anything).
    Alpental Indigenous

You guys are making me want to mount up my pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Oh for cryin our loud. Mount the fuckers already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Wait, wut?
    Alpental Indigenous

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Oh for cryin our loud. Mount the fuckers already.
    I have a feeling that itíll happen sooner rather than later.

ACH- Iíve got a real purdy pair of new Fats sitting in the basement.

Rode the 187 fats this weekend, would’ve loved my 191 fats. Is it worth upgrading or should I keep my old Lhasa’s in rotation?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu4R_bwn...=1e3dyvos7kl9q

Here’s my review of 187’s.... 191’s have no top end speed limit and wouldn’t munched the chopped pow. yes me and my bros still hoot and holler like kids on low angle pow days

Yes worth the upgrade. Loved my old 187 Fats, but the 191 Lhasa fat is superior in pretty much all ways.

I was worried the 191 Praxis Lhasa wouldnít be as quick as my 187s, but those fears have been quelled

Are new 191’s as good on the edge as the 187’s? The 187’s are so versatile even on hard pack

I think the prototypes i have are 113 underfoot for 187’s and 126(?) for 191’s

Don’t make me upgrade

Yes they are and yes you should. The praxis build with the new tail rocker makes this the ski it was destined to be.
    I owned the 187FAT, 191FAT PMGear build and now the 191FAT Praxis build.

191 praxislhasa is the best Lhasa Iíve skied

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Iíve had pure and hybrid non fat Lhasa. The praxisfat is equally good imo to either of those and far exceeds in anything 3D.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

A little late to the party, but mounted mine and skied them finally.

Enduro, carbon 4/5 with veneer and mounted -1 with FKS185.

Instantly felt right at home on these. Very pleased with the 4/5 flex and I like the feel of carbon pop in a ski and with these there was also good dampness as well. Skied so well in powder, tracked up etc and also on hardpack. I was looking for this size ski with better hardpack performance to L120, BG's etc and I think this is the one for me. I think the slight camber is key here.

Such a great ski and my bamboo L120s are going to be hard to choose with these around.

Thanks Pat and Keith for such an amazing ski!

Ok, You guys talked me into it. Just wait for praxis website to post?

Anyone looking for a pair? Iíve enjoyed mine but doesnít mesh well with the terrain I typically ski, looking to pass them on to someone who can use them and appreciate them more. 3/4 flex, enduro, tineo veneer.

I was just thinking about these today, after looking at my specs spreadsheet (yeah, I know...) and sorting by turn radius. The bi-radius, 34-41, tip to tail, is the baddassinest I've got for mountain goating around on the steep firm and nasty stuff.

I only managed to ski mine 8 times last year and 7 of those were in frigid-ass, wind-scoured conditions. After the first couple of days I found myself reflexively grabbing them specifically for that. Got in an argument about it on the lift once with some old dawg know-it-all motor mouth authoritarian who told me I was "you're on the wrong skis for these conditions, kid!". "Sheeeeyit. I'm 44 years old, mutherfucker! Wait, what were we talking about?"

I was having trouble on these last year for a bit, till several months later I realized that a few years of skiing on flat and reverse camber skis had lead to my developing the unconscious bad habit of leaning out of my turns about 3/4 of the way through. Anything with more than 1-2mm of camber would lock in straight once in a while and just about wreck me. In my hubris I thought the skis were railed ("all my cambered skis must be railed!"), but turns out it was just me who was railed.