Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1348
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yeah...
    Yup... I have a few skis I need to mount...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200128_212951.jpeg 
Views:	160 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	314198

^^^ I got the curly Tineo veneer top-sheet as well.
    Looks like yours is oriented in the opposite direction of mine; beautiful either way.

What build did you get?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Mine are the stiff flex, enduro core with carbon and curly tineo vernier. I'm a big fan of the heavy core but I was hoping to put Cast on these and I didn't want to lug the extra weight of the heavy core back up the mountain without the assistance of chair lifts.

I love my enduro 3/4 veneer but don’t get to ski them enough because I can’t stay in my shifts. Want to remount alpine or buy a stiff heavy core for inbounds. The versatility blows my mind.

Almost sold mine but came to my senses. They are too cool to part with.

Got the enduro maple/ash/aspen medium 3/4 flex with the intension of travel and sidecountry, used with a touring boot.

For my height/weight/power, they excell in lighter powder of the Rockies but are a little bendy for the maritime chunk I usually ski.

Took the Shifts off em (to sell, sketched by that binding) and remounted with kiwi pivots to go with the green line art... till death do they part.

If it ever quits fucking raining here I'll get reacquainted with them via RS130 and metal clamp, for which I'm excited.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191018_110116.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	314224

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That’s weird. I have none of that issue. Just as easy to roll onto the edge as my old previous versions yet allow the tail to release easier at slower speeds in tight terrain or heavy dense snow. Carve like crazy when commanded.
    Didn’t you also mount yours +1 of the line on the new version? Essentially being +2 of the previous version.
    I mounted demos on them for the express purpose of testing them, knowing the tail tweak would affect everything. Don't get me wrong - I skied pow and pure shitsnot snow and they fucking killed it. But they didn't lock into the firm for the carves I wanted. And I skied og fats on boilerplate at Squaw with a 2/3 bevel. If I'd had some flavoring, I coulda sold shave ice all day.

I came to the conclusion, especially after side by side compares with my 112 carbons, that the camber did not go far enough forward for the desired engagement of edge. My 112's engage like a mutherfuker. Also had this happen on Byas built on Vashon, except those were all over the place. My ex-world cup tuner roommate broke a pair of Byas and when I replaced them, he handed them back and said he didn't want them because they didn't engage like the first pair he got. We did side by side compares and they confirmed the same thing I found on the 191 fats from last year. It's all about where the ski is placed in the press on the camber block. This can happen across a whole run of skis when there's not testing before the batch goes to press. Just my .02. I've had this convo with Keith, we're all good. For a blind first run he did a great job.

And if y'all love yours, I couldn't be more stoked. I'm just perfectionistic.

just poking my head in this thread for my periodic check... will there ever be a praxis run of 179 bros??? god damn I want a pair of those

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    just poking my head in this thread for my periodic check... will there ever be a praxis run of 179 bros??? god damn I want a pair of those
    Yo, bruddah....no shit. It's a killer ski. As with the Lhasas and hopefully, the Kusalas, the 179 simply needs 30 preorders to put Keith in motion. Shit , I wish he'd do the 183 Fats, too. Fuuuuuck, and the 187's.

Sidenote for you guys remounting - Use epoxy. If you have shops mount, they might say 'sure' but will just use wood glue. Without epoxy in the holes, both on mounting and plugging, water can seep thru the carbon and keep going. This rule is absolute on those pure carbons, Pluffenmeister.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Yo, bruddah....no shit. It's a killer ski. As with the Lhasas and hopefully, the Kusalas, the 179 simply needs 30 preorders to put Keith in motion. Shit , I wish he'd do the 183 Fats, too. Fuuuuuck, and the 187's.

Sidenote for you guys remounting - Use epoxy. If you have shops mount, they might say 'sure' but will just use wood glue. Without epoxy in the holes, both on mounting and plugging, water can seep thru the carbon and keep going. This rule is absolute on those pure carbons, Pluffenmeister.
    I’m in for a pair of179’s damn I love those sticks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

now having had some days on a praxis UL carbon layup, I would 110% get down on some 179 bros. those + my 179 praxis wootests would be the unbeatable touring combo.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

Ok so we got the pows made and sold all 30 pairs so we’ve got to be able to make the kusala happen too. + isnt keith doing a more experimental model with only 10 pairs for a order now?

I dunno. He and I have both been busy and haven't talked in months.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Last to mount?

Attachment 314182
    purdy!!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I’d love some kusala.

I remounted my praxis Lhasa as well. Couldn’t stay in the shifts.

I’m reluctant to drill a third set of holes but I think I’d like them mounted further back. I have the same amount of tip as my wife’s 179 Dps yvettes. Seems way to far forward.

What’s the pull from the tail to boot center on some yours?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Almost sold mine but came to my senses. They are too cool to part with.

Got the enduro maple/ash/aspen medium 3/4 flex with the intension of travel and sidecountry, used with a touring boot.

For my height/weight/power, they excell in lighter powder of the Rockies but are a little bendy for the maritime chunk I usually ski.

Took the Shifts off em (to sell, sketched by that binding) and remounted with kiwi pivots to go with the green line art... till death do they part.

If it ever quits fucking raining here I'll get reacquainted with them via RS130 and metal clamp, for which I'm excited.

Name:	20191018_110116.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	314224
    Glad to see this post. I’ll probably pull the shifts and mount pivots unless I can get some stiff heavies. They’re too good a ski for that binding. Did you have to adjust the mount point at all?
    Last edited by wwwllw; 11-30-2020 at 12:13 AM.

No, the mounts were compatible. With 10mm (iirc) between the closest holes at the toe, the BSLs were just about at the same spot.

I put the Shifts at -6mm for Vulcans 304mm. Now have the Pivots at -7mm for Lange 316mm.

Could've moved the Pivot pattern up obviously but liked the balance behind the dot.

Name:	Resized_20191018_091043.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	314336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20191018_091040.jpeg 
Views:	115 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	314337

How does the ski work differently at -7 vs on the line?

I’m -1cm and i think I’d like to go back more.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    How does the ski work differently at -7 vs on the line?
    If aimed at me.... I don't know. I've only ever skied this ski at -6mm, and never had the OG ones.

I went back based on the recommendation of 2Funky, who documented the difference between marked mount points on Pat's old PMGear skis and Keith's Praxis run.

The dot is 1cm forward from the traditional spot, but the tail rocker lines moved up by 15cm(?), too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Yup... I have a few skis I need to mount...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200128_212951.jpeg 
Views:	160 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	314198
    if you'd ever think about parting with the aurelien ducroz's... I am very interested haha

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    if you'd ever think about parting with the aurelien ducroz's... I am very interested haha
    Dafuq would you use em for? Aren't you some skinny rando commando?

Heh.

haha those would be my “make my wife angry whenever we ski the resort together skis

"you said we would ski TOGETHER"

Lol you killin me at rando commando