Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 1312
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,488
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I was thinking
    If Praxis were to press a ski identical to the Lhasa pow in a 206 or 210
    I would buy it.

    Love my standard hybrid 196's But a 210 would be even better
    Hey mtt, didn't Mammoth just close? Did you get out on snow this spring?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    42,925
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I was thinking
    If Praxis were to press a ski identical to the Lhasa pow in a 206 or 210
    I would buy it.

    Love my standard hybrid 196's But a 210 would be even better
    Jezuz, are you an NBA player?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Jezuz, are you an NBA player?
    No. He weighs 400 lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    8,151
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Hey mtt, didn't Mammoth just close? Did you get out on snow this spring?
    No.
    There is always next year.

    Just got back from Kings beach ate at the Taqueria - Good afternoon all around
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    8,151
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    No. He weighs 400 lbs.
    I weigh 178 right now. Lightest I have been since I was 20.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Jezuz, are you an NBA player?
    Nah, all about the lift line cred brah.
    178lbs wanting a 210 Lhasa, lmao!

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    8,151
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Nah, all about the lift line cred brah.
    178lbs wanting a 210 Lhasa, lmao!
    People already look twice at the 196's

    I can make it work, and look good doing it.

    I really want the 210's for open sierra pow
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    3,542
    Im 61 175 and have some 196s. Remarkably easy to ski.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    4,263
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    People already look twice at the 196's

    I can make it work, and look good doing it.

    I really want the 210's for open sierra pow
    Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,880
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    People already look twice at the 196's

    I can make it work, and look good doing it.

    I really want the 210's for open sierra pow
    Just giving ya shit. I hear ya, sort of. I have zero stability issues going Mach schnell on the 191 FATS.
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Im 61 175 and have some 196s. Remarkably easy to ski.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Skied the 196 for a few days. Great ski but the 191 FAT is a better ski imho. Same stability but does everything else betterer.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,880
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse!
    Hah!

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    42,925
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    bunny, skiing is not a sound financial move.
    Fify

    Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a parallel universe
    Posts
    4,794
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I was thinking
    If Praxis were to press a ski identical to the Lhasa pow in a 206 or 210
    I would buy it.

    Love my standard hybrid 196's But a 210 would be even better
    That would put a new twist on LBD.
    Color me intrigued.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,481
    just checking to see if this thread turned from "interest in buying a praxis-pressed lhasa pow" to "can you tinker with an existing ski 2-4mm in any dimension, 2-3cm length, because I am impossibly fussy," now to read all the new posts

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,488
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    just checking to see if this thread turned from "interest in buying a praxis-pressed lhasa pow" to "can you tinker with an existing ski 2-4mm in any dimension, 2-3cm length, because I am impossibly fussy," now to read all the new posts
    Nah it's +10 to +14 cms this time

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,481
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Nah it's +10 to +14 cms this time
    lol sounds about right

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    just checking to see if this thread turned from "interest in buying a praxis-pressed lhasa pow" to "can you tinker with an existing ski 2-4mm in any dimension, 2-3cm length, because I am impossibly fussy," now to read all the new posts
    Fer christ sakes just bend more rocker/flatten camber or add tips extenders you whiners!
    Master of mediocrity.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,481
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Fer christ sakes just bend more rocker/flatten camber or add tips extenders you whiners!
    i'm afraid we're gonna need some DIY instructions/pics

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    31,665
    When we get to the next life, they'll prolly have an app for that.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,969
    I didn't realize my skis were so rare... It guess it is up to me to review them.

    There is no other ski I have spent more time on than the 186 Lhasa Pow, which I have had since it was a prototype and still use as my all conditions touring ski. That said, of all the Lhasas I have skied, and I think I have skied them all, none are as fun as my 191 Fat. Now mine are a prototype and have no camber underfoot, and I live in Japan where they mainly see deep pow (I have them mounted with dukes), but at least in these conditions they are the most fun Lhasa in the line. It is important to note that the lack of camber in the tail is offset by a fatter tail. As such, they don't wheelie like a reverse camber pintail, (like, say, Pontoons or the old S7). This brings them a BIT more toward the newschool JJ/Bentchetler feel but not too much- they are still Lhasas and want to be skied weight forward, driving the tips hard and fast. Like all Lhasas, they do punish backseat skiing while rewarding charging- the 191 Fats's just do it with a bit more float and slarvability than traditional Lhasas.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

    www.poachninja.com

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    When we get to the next life, they'll prolly have an app for that.
    Until then, there's my basement.

    Name:  26219863_10208441021821860_587897114312320483_n.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  98.8 KB

    Name:  26904731_10208440999181294_826014103196149223_n.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  78.6 KB

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-06-27-16h33m07s114.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	427.1 KB 
ID:	240061
    Master of mediocrity.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,880
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    I didn't realize my skis were so rare... It guess it is up to me to review them.

    There is no other ski I have spent more time on than the 186 Lhasa Pow, which I have had since it was a prototype and still use as my all conditions touring ski. That said, of all the Lhasas I have skied, and I think I have skied them all, none are as fun as my 191 Fat. Now mine are a prototype and have no camber underfoot, and I live in Japan where they mainly see deep pow (I have them mounted with dukes), but at least in these conditions they are the most fun Lhasa in the line. It is important to note that the lack of camber in the tail is offset by a fatter tail. As such, they don't wheelie like a reverse camber pintail, (like, say, Pontoons or the old S7). This brings them a BIT more toward the newschool JJ/Bentchetler feel but not too much- they are still Lhasas and want to be skied weight forward, driving the tips hard and fast. Like all Lhasas, they do punish backseat skiing while rewarding charging- the 191 Fats's just do it with a bit more float and slarvability than traditional Lhasas.
    Amen! Looove my 191 FATS.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    5,663
    ^^^ Hallelujah!!!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

  24. #124
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    31,665
    I'm guessing if Keith made one Lhasa, it'd be the 191 Fat in order to hit his minimum 20 requirement.
    Unless I missed something in the last five pages.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,880
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'm guessing if Keith made one Lhasa, it'd be the 191 Fat in order to hit his minimum 20 requirement.
    Unless I missed something in the last five pages.
    Can he do them in full rocker? Kusala rocker? I may sell mine and buy these in a heavy core full rocker. Calling them Goat killers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •