Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1348
    Ha, so true. But for me that's just 'skis'.

Also, "you need a brighter jacket/helmet/pants so I can see you"

I'm the guy standing, looking uphill, and waiting.

I'm fairly certain it's impossible to ski with your wife on pro riders

It would be fun to throw some Helio 145s on those Ducroz's and lug them up the Flagstaff skinner. 192s I take it?

Lol. You guys are definitely delivering the lulz today.

I couldn't believe my luck that I somehow ended up with a virgin pair of Ducroz's. These skis will be cold dead hands skis for me. And yes they are 192s.

Take your Dynastar phag talk to the Dynastar thread, phags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post

I couldn't believe my luck that I somehow ended up with a virgin pair of Ducroz's. These skis will be cold dead hands skis for me. And yes they are 192s.
    ahh well if you ever change your mind, you could help create the funniest scene in the wasatch

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    OK, so i figure at least 1 out of 30 of you are going to post these up to gear swap at some point...

"dibs"

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post

I'm your guy if you're skerd to drill them Lhasa's.

Get in line, gents.

Can I just throw a +1 up for how much I love these skis. Had a suprise morning at Alyeska. Raining on the drive to. Get up top and 8+ inches on top of the slow accrural all week. Lhasa's just ate it all up. From heavy down below, to chopped up in the afternoon. My buddy got tired of my constant gabbering about my skis.

Then Sunday, the temps were 8 degrees lower. I was slightly hesistant if the Lhasa's were the right tool. Nope. Raged the mank. High T opened and then it was 18" of fresh untracked...Then the best lines I had all season, with North Face opening at Rag Doll gate. All weeks accumulation having been nearly untouched. Still buzzing sitting in my office today.

The versatility of this ski is so phenomenal. And the stabilty at speed. Not to say I haven't sked these throughout the last year, but a damn near perfect weekend, with a perfectly built pair of skis... bliss.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Anyone know what the radius is on these? Just curious.

I can’t believe it but tomorrow will be my first day out on them, ceremonial storage waxing from two years ago
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1582341518.153405.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	316880

Bi radius. 34 in the tip to 42, I believe, memory is fuzzy at the moment, through the rest of the ski. Splat may chime in and correct me.

Praxis Lhasa Fat + all-day knee-deep hot pow laps at Jackson Hole on Monday =

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Just want to reiterate that these are my favorite skis of all time. Shape, flex, enduro/veneer layup is so dialed. Scalpel in pow can get sideways so easy yet have no speed limit and charge hard. Love the fat tip/pintail design. Stomp airs with ease. Excellent this week with all the new snow CO got

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just read all 53 pages of this thread. Y'all are stoked on these things!

Do any of you have the full spec page on these? The current webpage only lists their tip, waist, and tail widths and nothing else.
    https://www.praxisskis.com/special-e...-fat-sold-out/

Looks like quite a few of you are Billy Goat owners and fans. What's the verdict on your A/B'ing the Lhasa Pow Fat vs. BG?

I've been skiing the 189 Billy Goat the last three years, love it, but if I could make some edits, I'd want it to be slightly* lighter and poppier, and I could use a bit less aggressive rocker in the tips so that the ski would be a bit more fun to drive and carve in chalkier snow.

When looking at the Billy Goat and the Lhasa Pow, these two skis have virtually identical tip, waist, and tail widths. They also appear to have pretty similar tail rocker. Lhasa Fat appears to have way less tip rocker both in terms of length and splay (based on pics, I haven't seen measurements), and of course no RES. No idea how the mount points compare.

Billy Goat's magic really lies in its maneuverability, but I'd be willing to give some* of that up for a more exciting ski in the wide open. I guess the big question is how much* more locked in is the Praxis Lhasa Fat?

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

I haven’t been on BG’s in a while, but have the new iteration of the Cease and Desists. I’d comment that to me the LP is noticeably lighter on the feet, and poppier and nimbler. CD has more mass, is damper, and charges through crud a better. LP also rails groomers a better and likes some big GS type turns

Cease and desist is awesome, but quite a bit more work IMO, mostly due to how much heavier than the LP they are. A 50/50 Layup BG would probably be much closer though

Last edited by Muggydude; 02-08-2021 at 04:14 PM.

I see the Lhasa more as a pow scalpel and the BG more as more surfy.

The Lhasa is more traditional in feel and stance and is way better on hard snow and for sure is a better chalk ski than the BG. BG is way looser a floatier in fresh snow.

I have the heavy nylon flex 4/5 LP so it’s not light and poppy, other with softer flexes and enduro veneer might have different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I see the Lhasa more as a pow scalpel and the BG more as more surfy.

The Lhasa is more traditional in feel and stance and is way better on hard snow and for sure is a better chalk ski than the BG. BG is way looser a floatier in fresh snow.

I have the heavy nylon flex 4/5 LP so it’s not light and poppy, other with softer flexes and enduro veneer might have different opinions.
    Agree. Also bamboo is more poppy and less impact or feedback in chop or uneven snow. But I’m 3D the Lhasa is lighter and easier to flick. Both are good

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Man, skied this latest storm cycle in JH exclusively on the LP (flex 3/4) and they absolutely slayed. Had them in boot to tits deep and everything in between including light chop to heavy mank. Confidence inspiring ski. Especially surprised with how well they handled the heavy tracked out snow on runouts on Sunday when just about everything was in play to huck off of. If I wasn't entirely sold before this weekend I sure as hell am now.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Man, skied this latest storm cycle in JH exclusively on the LP (flex 3/4) and they absolutely slayed. Had them in boot to tits deep and everything in between including light chop to heavy mank. Confidence inspiring ski. Especially surprised with how well they handled the heavy tracked out snow on runouts on Sunday when just about everything was in play to huck off of. If I wasn't entirely sold before this weekend I sure as hell am now.
    Testify!

I was up there for that cycle a pair of OG Lhasa Pow skinnys and the new Praxis Kusalas.
    So good.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Was that you I saw in the tram line?

Agree 100%.... I have a fuckload of skis and randomly pulled these Lhasa Pows out of the deep depths of the garage after not having been skied in probably 4-5 seasons, dusted them off, gave em a quick tune tuned them and skied them start to finish on my Wyoming trip and they crushed it. It's kind of mind boggling that this ski can be good at so many things simultaneously - holds an edge on a groomer/traverse, carves, crushes pow, skier tracked pow, and is still relatively quick edge to edge and nimble. They don't look like they should be able to do all that so well, but they can. It's crazy.

If I was still Colorado based on I would have jumped all over the Lhasa order. Has anyone ever thought about seeing if Praxis would have any interest in doing a run of Bros or Super Bros. That has been a bucket list ski for a long time and would love to have some in the quiver for the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Just read all 53 pages of this thread. Y'all are stoked on these things!

Do any of you have the full spec page on these? The current webpage only lists their tip, waist, and tail widths and nothing else.
    https://www.praxisskis.com/special-e...-fat-sold-out/

Looks like quite a few of you are Billy Goat owners and fans. What's the verdict on your A/B'ing the Lhasa Pow Fat vs. BG?

I've been skiing the 189 Billy Goat the last three years, love it, but if I could make some edits, I'd want it to be slightly* lighter and poppier, and I could use a bit less aggressive rocker in the tips so that the ski would be a bit more fun to drive and carve in chalkier snow.

When looking at the Billy Goat and the Lhasa Pow, these two skis have virtually identical tip, waist, and tail widths. They also appear to have pretty similar tail rocker. Lhasa Fat appears to have way less tip rocker both in terms of length and splay (based on pics, I haven't seen measurements), and of course no RES. No idea how the mount points compare.

Billy Goat's magic really lies in its maneuverability, but I'd be willing to give some* of that up for a more exciting ski in the wide open. I guess the big question is how much* more locked in is the Praxis Lhasa Fat?
    I have owned 189 BG and still own a LP carbon 191 (pre-praxis) a softer layup. Have no experience with the LP Fat. My Lhasa Pow is everything that you are describing above.

The LP is much more traditional shape, with less rocker in tip/tail. A more traditional mount point/stance (I have mine mounted back even further). I can drive the fuck out of them and make huge GS turns on a groomer (and in tracked snow, crud, and pow). You simply cannot do that on a BG. Yet somehow, with rounded pintail, they still can be broken loose and slarved almost at will - unweight the tips, lean/back slightly or center your weight, and bam you can break them sideways. Surprisingly, I feel like they give up very little to the BGs here, which is weird because they LOOK like they should be a lot less surfier. My guess is this has a lot to do with the very light weight of the carbon layup and softer flex. Mine are significantly lighter and poppier than my BG where. I do think the ON3P tour layups would be closer in terms flex pattern and weight, but a BG will never have the edge hold and be able to be driven like the LP.

While they may be the same size, the tip/shovel shape on the LP is much more precise than the BG. The rounder BG tip (and RES shovel) design resists locking into a turn shape, and wants to stay more on top of the snow, which is what makes it so surfy in 3D snow. That same attribute is what takes away from it's ability to lock into a turn / hold an edge / carve on a firmer surface. I also find the more pointed/triangular tip shape of the LP slices through snow, when rolled over, a little easier than the more rounded tip shape of the BG.

For me, if there's a chance I might encounter some firm/variable/groomers, I want to be on a LP as opposed to the BG or Anima (my other option in this genre).

I have had these sitting minty just waiting.

Well after 200 inches in two weeks I said "Let's go".

I have skied these one morning on a few groomers and another spring day.

Today was light fresh 18+.

I love love love that rounded pin tail. I also liked the elf shoe. I own the GPO in a similar build. I love the GPO as a go anywhere anyday ski. I always thought the GPO left a little on the table as a powder ski. They are fun but it just lacks something.

These skis fill the void. I think the combo of the pin tail and a little more elf/taper really make these come to life in 3D snow. I was mega smiling.

I could really just play with any shape turn or line without much worries. Super stable yet a certain amount of surfyness to inspire confidence. These will be pulled over the GPO on pow days for certain.

I really noticed the first time I skied these that they were quite manageable despite their size. I felt they were very confidence inspiring again today. I look forward more days on these!

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Broke out the weapons for 20+” of blower over a soft base. This rendition just absolutely KILLS it!! Heavy hitter supah stiff is the SHIT!!! Slices through big chop piles like a scalpel. Floats and surfs with ease. Hops from pile to pile like a dream. The added tail rocker allows tight wiggles through even tighter tree lines without effort yet gives up nothing every where else. Lands air like a trophy truck, soft n fast. Carves trenches like a GS ski.
    What’s lame is this is my first day on them this season. Hard not to grab protests for big days but decided to grab these for a change and so stoked I did. Will be happening more often.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4262.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	407020

Still maybe my favorite ski of all time. Haven’t had a good chance to pull them out this year though