Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1272
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Skied mine at Crystal today. I gave the tips a little more detune after my first experience, and the locked in feeling on steep fall line turns vanished. Got a couple of really nice steep runs down Powder Bowl and the Bear Pits. Conditions were variable, to say the least. Good times!
    It must have been you I spotted getting off FQ yesterday. Skis looked gorgeous.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Second day. 15+ inches at Squaw. Not blower pow but much lighter than the past few days. These skis rock. Dimple felt spot on, would not move my mount. Had some all-time best runs off KT22 with an almost first chair.

0 tip dive, cut through chop very well. Awesome float. Super happy to make any turn shape honestly. Again surprised by how light and easy to ski they felt. Enduro/veneer handle everything great. Would love to A/B with a heavy core version, which I think would be awesome too.

Skied over some rocks (razors) accidentally on a weird traverse up a ridge. Put some decent scratches in them, pretty bummed, but I think many other skis would have been core shots so could have been worse. Gonna repair them with some ptex and theyíll be good to go

Pat and Keith knocked this ski out of the park

Nice! Skied mine this weekend In Zipper crust, heavy snow, wind packed, groomers and they just killed it everywhere. So glad pat agreed to go with the tail rocker. It just makes this ski so much better.
    If you get lost Muggy and find yourself in Idaho you can ride my heavy/stiffs.

Now that I've found my bcl (+5mm) on my blacktops, they're for sale, with or without solly metal Z12 demo bindings. Easy 3 days on them, no hits or dings. $650.

So forward 5mm from the punch?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Now that I've found my bcl (+5mm) on my blacktops, they're for sale, with or without solly metal Z12 demo bindings. Easy 3 days on them, no hits or dings. $650.
    pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    So forward 5mm from the punch?
    Yes. on a 318 sole. That fucking tip ain't never gonna sink and this gave me a better full ski feeling with a touch more tail on the firm.

Forward from the dot sounds crazy to me, though admittedly I don't have the deep history with this ski like splat.

Remember, the dot on these is 1cm forward from the old PM Gear production pairs already... which pretty well lines up with the tail rocker tweak that was worked out in this thread.

I'm mounted 6mm back and wouldn't change em... this shape wants to be driven with shin pressure and I'd be worried about ending up with too much tail and not enough meat up front for powerfully railing that long-ass radius. And the tails kick back if you get lazy, so I'd rather not have extra length there.

I've skied these a few days now and am fucking stoked. Fast skis, not too demanding but they are stable, hoo. Mobbed giant turns through foot-deep old-pow-turned-corn-chowdah like fucking floatatious sabres.

Again, great job, team.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

I concur with Norseman. Definitely didnít feel like Iíd go forward of the line, but could see going .5cm back. I however am not mounting these for icy/hardpack skiing so I could perhaps see some merit in forward for that.

Dimple seems perfect to me

Glad to see Jackattack trying to snag a pair, think heís had first dibs for a while? Hell I almost want to have a backup pair for whenever mine eventually die

Call me crazy. those biatches are gone johnson.

So, after Jack, Thom, and possibly others passed on SupreChicken's pair, I grabbed them.

I've been geeking out a bit over the mount, and comparing the dot with a pair of seafoam hybrid 186s and 17/18 GPOs, the dot looks just slightly forward to my eye, but not completely out of the question.

Apples and oranges are apples and oranges. No matter how many times you bite that orange, it won't taste like apple.
    Also, you don't need to geek about the old holes if you fill them with shish kabob sticks and epoxy.
    I'm skiing Kusalas with 32 holes per ski because I filled them correctly and am quite confident they're not going to suddenly fold on me.

I've noticed that at a -1 (really more like -0.75), these skis do exactly what I want, but only when I go back to my old ways of driving the shit out of the shovels. I surmise based on that, that +0.5 to +1.0 could be good crack for the more relaxed stance, or for my version of it. Sort of wish I'd put the demo clamps on first, to play around with mount points, but maybe next couple of days out I'll use my touring boots, centered on the dot, and form a better opinion.

Kids and I went to Baker last week after Crystal, and skied some hoary steeps and brutal ice moguls, and they stood up nicely to the abuse. The enduro stiff is a good mountain goat. I really had a blast cutting jump turns down Pan Dome and Gunner's Bowl and bombing the runouts.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

I have quite a few days on mine now in a variety of conditions. Iím mounted @ -.5mm from the new dot. The new dot is +1cm from the old 191íLhasa FAT. The reason for the dot being there is that thatís what was marked on the proto version splat brought to Keith to build the new ones. Thatís per my conversation with Keith after I asked him how he came to the mount point.
    Not really sure why now, with zero change to the front of the ski, Splat is having issue initiating a turn from the shovel. If thatís the case he should have had that issue on the OG as well. Now he is mounted +1.5cm from the old dot. (((Shrugs)))

At my mount location I have ZERO issue initiating a turn by just tipping the ski over and standing on it with some boot cuff pressure, nothing crazy. Donít have to lean into the shovel to get it to hook up.
    I did get a touch lazy maching high g force turns the other day with SkiLyft and found myself coming out of a turn with my weight slightly on my heal instead of the ball of the foot and got rocketed into the air. Luckily I was able to get back on top as they came down for the next turn, yeehaw! Plenty of tail back there to kick your ass. I have learned to harness that thing for some amazing exits on turns.
    Mount on the dot, cool, mount back .5, sweet, mount foward .5 at your own risk.

Skied zipper crust, donít care.
    Skied warmed up pow, donít care.
    These things just donít care what is in front of them. Zero hook, just beautiful predictable turning, or not turning.
    Edit to add: heavy stiff veneer build

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I did my standard detune from contact points to tips with a diamond stone. Actually think I overdid it, wish I had left the edges alone and just skied them.
    Thanks for that info as that is what I needed guidance on. Waxed and bagged up for road trip to Mammoth tomorrow. DOG, I hope I can do this ski justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^^ youíre going to be extremely validated for this ski purchase with the snow Mammoth is getting

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

3 feet of blower at Heavenly today... cannot say enough how good these skis are. Tons of float, pivot on a dime, cut through chop like a knife. So intuitive, not demanding, airs are awesome. Still very happy with the dimple, don't see a need to go back, although there will be very little difference between 0 and -.5

Although very different skis, I really want to A/B these with my 192 Protests (didn’t have them with me to do that today). These are so good I’d seriously consider reaching for them over the protests on a day like this. Or perhaps protests in the morning and Lhasas in the afternoon when it’s more tracked out
    Last edited by Muggydude; 02-11-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    3 feet of blower at Heavenly today... cannot say enough how good these skis are. Tons of float, pivot on a dime, cut through chop like a knife. So intuitive, not demanding, airs are awesome.

Although very different skis, I really want to A/B these with my 192 Protests (didnít have them with me to do that today). These are so good Iíd seriously consider reaching for them over the protests on a day like this. Or perhaps protests in the morning and Lhasas in the afternoon when itís more tracked out
    Paging 2funky as he did this exact thing yesterday at the mission gathering. He should be able to provide feedback on the turning capabilities in tight trees. ;-)
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Paging 2funky as he did this exact thing yesterday at the mission gathering. He should be able to provide feedback on the turning capabilities in tight trees. ;-)
    Sent muggy an inadvertent pm about that comparison even though he asked about a C&D comparison. Lol!

Well? Inquiring minds eh

3/4 enduro carbon w/ nylon - proto pair

Goddamn these skis pop. Super energetic in pow bumps, trees, etc. theyíre capable in the chop but not quite as damp or chargy as a lot of skis Iím used to. They strike a great balance that Iím pretty pleased with. That said, if anyone has a 4 flex and thinks itís a little too demanding I could be convinced to trade before i redrill for pivots/cast at -5mm.

For those of you who missed out this year....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1550712448.995592.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	270688

Huh, I go to the praxis page and itís not an item available to order....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

I'm thinking of releasing the pair I got from splat back into the wild. It's been nice to ride them and they had a chance to make the rounds at BBI Aply as well. They're great skis but I haven't clicked with them enough to keep them in the quiver.

Enduro +carbon
    Flex 3/4
    Nylon top
    1 mount

Asking what I paid, $700 shipped incl. solly demo bindings to dial in your mount point.

FS: Praxis/PM Gear 191 Lhasa Pow Fat
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=326519
    Last edited by jackattack; 02-26-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Huh, I go to the praxis page and itís not an item available to order....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They will add them in the spring I bet.