Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Do you even lift bro???
    Snark from a dentist

You didn't get that new inscribed lab coat for Xmas
    Dibs on the third drilling of a v1
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    You didn't get that new inscribed lab coat for Xmas
    I did but I've been hitting the gym too hard so it doesn't fit.

Took mine out the last 3 days army snowbird. I’d say the hard snow performance was good for a ski that size but not overwhelming. Foot of new today and a totally different story. Raged even when it got cut up.

Id put the soft snow performance on par w the super goats but different. More of a shin in the boot, aggressively driving style of soft snow skiing. Def better on hard pack.

I have a place for both fir sure.

Mounted on the line. I could see back .5-1cm but not forward.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

^ Awesome man!

I just finished my first run in untouched boottop pow ending in heavy chop. Very nice.

I'm going to have to get used to skiing with a boner.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I just finished my first run in untouched boottop pow ending in heavy chop. Very nice.

I'm going to have to get used to skiing with a boner.
    It can be a little awkward but you’ll get used to it.
    Please update after your day on them. Mount point as well please.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Not ready to part with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Give them time man.
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    There will always be a taker for your Lhasas if they don't work out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    "Cough"
    double cough

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    double cough
    So... you’re 4th in line?

4th, 5th... whatever it takes.

Mounted mine on the line, skied snowbird today, incredible. These skis are amazing in soft snow. Again, maybe .5 back? No way I’m mounting forward.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Mounted mine on the line, skied snowbird today, incredible. These skis are amazing in soft snow. Again, maybe .5 back? No way I’m mounting forward.

Yup. I’m -.5 so is Norseman. They fucking kill it there. We were discussing the mount point riding together, we both agreed that -.5 to the line is money. Forward, crazy talk.
    Glad you dig them. Love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    It can be a little awkward but you’ll get used to it.
    Please update after your day on them. Mount point as well please.
    3-4 flex enduro core, peasant nylon top. Mounted on the line with P14s. Factory tune and fresh wax. Boot buckles facing out. Butter side up. If someone asked me if I was a good pilot, I'd say I could hold my own.

Short version:
    • Smooth and predictable
    • Who needs an aircraft carrier when you can land on these? I have never stomped with such authority.
    • Dodge and weave, pop and slide, launch and spin, rinse repeat. Not what I expected.
    • Easy to extract energy from, impossible to sink; float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
    • Put them on edge and crush. Makes molehills of mountains

I was going to wait for more info before mounting and skiing these, because one does not simply mount on the line before the merits of each millimeter have been discussed, disputed and loosely disagreed upon.

But then it snowed a metric fuckton (39.4") in 48 hours, and I read a comment stating something along the lines of "just fucking mount them on the line and ski them"

So I did.

It usually takes me 3-4 runs and a yard sale to figure out a new ski, but these were effortless from the minute I clicked in, like they were connected to my brain, not my feet. I found them nimble and easy to drive and get energy from at low speed, but ready to rip as soon as I pointed them. These skis beg for speed and space but don't need it. Think about pivoting or changing direction, or laying into a schmear and it's done. I can't believe how easy these are to flex and drive from almost a standstill while being solid and stable (on edge) going fast through all sorts of weird snow. Prefers a front seat driver for sure, but probably the only pmgear ski I've tried that brings lube to the gangbang if you get in the backseat.

More research is necessary. Maybe it was just the snow that was so good.

I'm now really curious as to what the heavier core or stiffer flex iteration would feel like.
    Last edited by wicked_sick; 01-07-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Hell yeah! Heavy stiffs are like an orgy on the moon. Aka fucking out of this world.

Assuming this snow in Tahoe keeps up I will be heading to Incline Village next weekend to grab mine from Keith and ski them ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Boot buckles facing out. Butter side up.

If someone asked me if I was a good pilot, I'd say I could hold my own.

I have never stomped with such authority.

one does not simply mount on the line before the merits of each millimeter have been discussed, disputed and loosely disagreed upon.

But then it snowed a metric fuckton

It usually takes me 3-4 runs and a yard sale to figure out a new ski

like they were connected to my brain, not my feet.

I found them nimble.

probably the only pmgear ski I've tried that brings lube to the gangbang if you get in the backseat.

More research is necessary.

I'm now really curious as to what the stiffer iteration would feel like.
    You’re just a signature line machine.
    Small thanks for the review.
    Huge thanks for the absurdly high quality post.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Nice write up, wicked. Very nice. Well, I skied them today at +3mm and liked them better. Will prolly move to +6 next time I ski because it's too easy to get on the tails and that's not where I ski; though they rolled onto edge under my boots and carved just fine. But I mount all my skis for ice skiing cause I know they do eveything else just fine. And I want bite when I get caught above exposure on bad snow days. ...Today I got soft grooms, ice grooms, chopped pow, windblown pow and fukkin your mom soft pow pow and they did great everywhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mainline.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	263756

fuck, wasn’t going to mount mine this year but now i feel like i have to.

anyone have shifts they need to get rid of? ha

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    You’re just a signature line machine.
    Small thanks for the review.
    Huge thanks for the absurdly high quality post.
    +1, nice fucking posting dude

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Picking up my sticks from Keith tomorrow. We were chatting about potentially spooning/beveling the bases tips and tails a tad, maybe even making underfoot slightly convex too. Anybody have thoughts? I’m all about a pivoty ski

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Picking up my sticks from Keith tomorrow. We were chatting about potentially spooning/beveling the bases tips and tails a tad, maybe even making underfoot slightly convex too. Anybody have thoughts? I’m all about a pivoty ski
    I could see that maybe in the tips. Underfoot and tail, no phooking way. It’s plenty loose yet will set an edge nicely, esp with the new tail rocker. I have zero issue pivoting these at lower speed in tight trees now. If ya want a super pivot machine, spoon the ProTest. Not that the ProTest has pivot issues.
    Seriously man, go ski them as is. They rule.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Finally got out and skied on these yesterday. Week old snow, sunny, cold groomer day plus some nice steep, skiable windpack in the side country. It was a high speed day. Expecting the usual hordes, I got nervous about every gong show gaper on the mountain riding across the backs of my beautiful brand new skis, so I started the day on a pair of 191cm Monster 108s, and switched up at lunch.

The first couple of runs felt really awkward due to the different ski shape, and the much lighter setup. Shovels felt a little locked in for me on the steeper stuff, but I think that's a personal issue. Wondering if any of y'all can give offer some guidance on that.

I'm riding on Shift bindings, and my mount is -1 for my downhill boots. By the Hoji method, my clown feet make this the equivalent +1.5 compared to a shorter boot. I don't know if his logic works for my skiing style or this ski shape, or even what's right any more as a first guess, with boot size variations and all, but this spot felt okay to me, so I'm not gonna drill any more holes.

Enduro stiff veneer felt like a good combo, and I think it'll be satisfying in softer snow, as well. For what it's worth, I'm 6'8" tall and ~190lbs. It railed the fuck out of the windpack and the groom, yes it did. No complaints in the steep trees.

Going from the m108, which indiscriminately crushes everything, it felt like a lot less ski (~1600g less, for the ski/binding combo), and I caught myself wishing I'd gone with the heavy layup. I quickly remembered that's not the ski I was after, and as the morning muscle memory faded, the ski felt better and better till it got to big, shit eating grin level awesome.

I can't wait for some goddamned snow around here, so I can take them out meadow skipping.

Picked my skis up from Keith over the weekend. Enduro/Tineo Veneer/Med Flex. Soo nice. Awesome to finally meet Keith in person, great guy. Showed me around the factory which was cool, and helped me drill holes for the inserts since I’m lacking a workshop atm.

So stoked to get these out in the multiple feet of snow hitting Tahoe this week. Will enjoy comparing to my 188 Protests and 186 Kartel 116, even if they’re all pretty different designs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2180.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	273.7 KB 
ID:	264781
    Last edited by Muggydude; 01-16-2019 at 02:54 AM.

Shawiiiiiiinnnggggg!

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    don't fuck with the bases, you need these to be the long radius rockets on the firm. flush that silly spoon idea. do a variable edge bevel if you find them weird after a few days

Yep we decided to leave them as is