Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1348
    For the techno retardos, can someone post the links to Chicken's vids?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Don't you even IG bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Don't you even IG bro?
    Snap chat only......

Don't you even IG bro?
    His account is private. Follow requested to see the comparo-rage.

OK, I'm out.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

My fault on that. Just made the account public for now. Will probably switch it back soon.

Edit for links.

CD - https://www.instagram.com/p/BrmQNZwh...=1wdvuenud08le

Lhasa- https://www.instagram.com/p/BrmQDVwh...=1j9luqy8r4kdw

Billy goat- https://www.instagram.com/p/BrmP4kHB...d=q0tnwea66d88
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6348.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	260916

Couple quick tours, with a weekend of lift skiing upcoming. So far they plane up better in pow than my previous GPO and a bit more playful, and slash better than my old BRO Fats

^ Sweeeet!

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    My fault on that. Just made the account public for now. Will probably switch it back soon.

Edit for links.

that pole clacking was messing with the hearing aids....lol....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Edit for links.

Thanks for putting that up. Your videos match your description, and the way you initiate turns with the Lhasa looks remarkably similar to how I find myself skiing my Qs. I never skied my 15/16 Goats with quite as much confidence in being able to shut things down. My Qs are the champs in this regard (compared with my Goats & GPOs).

You seemed more more confident on both the Goats & C&Ds in terms of being able to shut things down, & release the tip to change your line than you did the Lhasas. Obviously, this is a short sample and I'll be curious to see if you decide to detune the Lhasas' tip.

It'll be interesting to follow your journey this Winter.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Name:	IMG_20181222_150732811.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	261340

Name:	IMG_20181222_143645031.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	261341

Skis rip. Long radius, praise Jah.

Damn that top photo turned out killer! Great day mang!

Yeah dude fun sliding. FKNA I am stoked on the skis.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I never skied my 15/16 Goats with quite as much confidence in being able to shut things down. My Qs are the champs in this regard (compared with my Goats & GPOs).

You seemed more more confident on both the Goats & C&Ds in terms of being able to shut things down, & release the tip to change your line than you did the Lhasas. Obviously, this is a short sample and I'll be curious to see if you decide to detune the Lhasas' tip.

It'll be interesting to follow your journey this Winter.

... Thom
    Thanks Thom!

It’s funny. I found goats and GPOs both very easy to shut down and control and i had more trouble with the Qs.

Jury’s still out if that was the skis or the vipecs/ramp delta.

I think the difference in rocker lines/height between praxis and On3p make me prefer On3p offerings for pivoting and breaking loose of a line in 3D snow.

I would like to retry 188 Q with alpine clamps. But since the tail rocker is so much more subtle, I suspect that even with alpine clamps, the Q will be more locked into the fall line and tougher to pivot loose than a billy goat.

I am supremely confident on the goats and C&D. Like I feel like my skiing has leveled up since last season. I feel like I’m oozing confidence. Helps that I’ve gotten to ski a lot of fresh snow.

I feel less confident on the Lhasa. Still figuring it out. Even with the tail rocker, it is much more locked in and tougher to break free than a billy goat. I haven’t skied a GPO in a couple years, but I don’t remember it being as locked in. On the tight steep trees I’ve been after lately, the Lhasa is less ideal. I also think the enduro layup should not be expected to just destroy variable wet heavy PNW snow with the same ease that a full layup Billy goat does. Skied it all morning today (swapped for my down td105s for some park laps to finish the day), on a day (today) that reported 3” overnight and clearly had a lot more snow than that. I was bemoaning not having my Billy goat or cease and desist with me.

I threw a 180 in the park on the Lhasa (no rails) and immediately biffed the landing. So I guess I can confirm that it’s a directional ski

I should be able to get some video from the day up on Instagram (suprechicken) soon.

Not ready to part with them. Really I intended them for pow touring. They are great in soft snow, great on firm snow (seriously, fkna) and trustworthy to track reliably in variable snow and no doubt much easier to lug uphill.

Although, if anyone has a 189 steeple 116 from last year that they want to part with, I could be in the market. Tour layup/RES suits me.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

That’s so weird as I have ZERO issue breaking the ski free. I can go from Mach schnell in a carve to just flick them side ways with zero effort to shut them down or go into a big slarve. Pivot on a dime in trees at any speed. The tail rocker profile is perfect to allow its release when wanted yet able to still finish a carved turn. I will say this, the Lhasa will absolutely not tolerate being driven from the heal or tails.
    Are they as loose as the BG, nope. That is easy to see from the shape. They have much more effective edge. With a much greater turn radius. They will feel more “edgy”. Similar’ish to how the SG feels more “edgy” to the standard goat.

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That’s so weird as I have ZERO issue breaking the ski free. I can go from Mach schnell in a carve to just flick them side ways with zero effort to shut them down or go into a big slarve. Pivot on a dime in trees at any speed. The tail rocker profile is perfect to allow its release when wanted yet able to still finish a carved turn. I will say this, the Lhasa will absolutely not tolerate being driven from the heal or tails.
    Are they as loose as the BG, nope. That is easy to see from the shape. They have much more effective edge. With a much greater turn radius. They will feel more “edgy”. Similar’ish to how the SG feels more “edgy” to the standard goat.
    ^^^

Agreed. More carve, less schmear. Just not a style I’m used to in soft snow. Like I said, feeling them out. Neutral stance and tail gunning has gone poorly. Really impressed how well the tips float.

Edit: 2funk, by all accounts, you ski way better than I.

^^^

Agreed. More carve, less schmear. Just not a style I’m used to in soft snow. Like I said, feeling them out. Neutral stance and tail gunning has gone poorly. Really impressed how well the tips float.
    Give them time man. Once they click you be all, “DAMN!”.
    In fresh pow I can totally stand neutral and totally relaxed.

Funky's experiences of the Lhasas are very parallel to how I find myself skiing my Qs. Yeah, they want to stay in the fall line, but when I'm in a tight space, I can shut them down on a dime. Maybe I'm just insensitive, but I don't find a significant difference in how they ski with Vipecs vs. my Pivots. I'll likely put the Vipecs back on them before going on a January road trip (dual sets of inserts) so I'll get to re-validate that.

There will always be a taker for your Lhasas if they don't work out for you. Maybe me (if they're a 3/4 flex) ;-) This thread has me stoked.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 12-24-2018 at 01:05 AM.
    Galibier Design

From what's been talked about so far these sound fairly similar to way the RX skis in regards to a more traditional stance, which for me is a good thing. I remember the first time I skied 118 Atomic Autos I was way out of my element, felt like there was nothing behind my feet.

Don't know if I'll be able to mount these this year but am eagerly looking forward to see how the different flex profiles will match up.

^^^

Edit: 2funk, by all accounts, you ski way better than I.
    Correction: neutral stance has gone well. Tail gunning has gone poorly .

Thom, they are 3/4 flex. Not ready to part with them yet, but I’ll message you before I list them if I get that far.

Good info here, thanks thom and chicken.

After skiing alpine bindings exclusively this year I went back to my GPO/vipec combo and immediately felt the increased ramp angle. It was challenging finding a good balance point on the ski in resort chop.

Point being if we can analyze 1mm mount point differences I find it hard to imagine a ramp angle difference of ~12 not effecting the balance point and especially tail release ability.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Yeah, 12mm ramp difference ought to be easily noticable.

When I swapped Pivots onto my Qs (replacing the Vipecs), I was still getting the grok on how to stand on the Qs. It will be interesting to switch back again to see what I notice this time. Gotta ride some lifts before my trip, so the 'speriment makes sense.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Praxis Lhasa Pows?

OK, so i figure at least 1 out of 30 of you are going to post these up to gear swap at some point...

"dibs"

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    2nd
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post

There will always be a taker for your Lhasas if they don't work out for you. Maybe me (if they're a 3/4 flex) ;-) This thread has me stoked.

... Thom
    "Cough"

"Cough"
    I was wondering if that was going to be caught
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    dude’s yoked
    Jacked and tan.....

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    dude’s yoked
    Do you even lift bro???