WTB: 27.5 Wheelset, non-boost, XD driver, ~28-31mm internal width

Edit: already bought some wheels, thanks!!!

Hey mags,

Looking for an upgrade on my crappy RF Aeffect wheelset. My main gripes are the rim is pretty soft (I've put a number of dents and bent the hook/sidewall in a few places in the rear rim) and the 21-tooth 3-pawl hub is terrible and clunky. I'm also convinced that the bearings + freehub drag in comparison to higher quality hubs I've ridden. I figure might as well go a little wider for better traction on loose trails - currently @ 23mm internal.

Location + use is trail riding in western/central/southern Oregon (steep, long descents, not too rocky, small jumps anywhere I can find em) with occasional trips to BC (not the Whistler park), Southern Utah ... running on a SC Bronson carbon bike. No racing, no lift served, and I only weigh 150 lbs with gear, so 28h is fine.

Ideally looking to spend $500-600 on a set but could stretch that out to $800 for a killer deal.
    28-31mm internal width
    15 x 100 / 12 x 142
    xD driver
    28h hubs, 32 would be okay with the right build
    Ideally something that engages quickly for ratcheting tech moves
    I'm not looking for the lightest set ever, I care less about heavy hubs if they engage quickly and spin up quickly.

I've been looking mostly on pinkbike and other places but I figure some of you might have parts in a garage that you haven't figured out whether to sell yet or post ...

thanks for any good gear offers you guys might have!
    Last edited by SchralphMacchio; 06-19-2018 at 06:47 AM.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Derby HD on Hope Pro2 Evo 40 tooth (9* engagement), 32 spoke. DT comp double butted spokes, brass nipples. All black. Hand built by Krispy at Go-Ride in SLC. Pretty light, very strong. 34mm internal width. $550 shipped.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Derby HD on Hope Pro2 Evo 40 tooth (9* engagement), 32 spoke. DT comp double butted spokes, brass nipples. All black. Hand built by Krispy at Go-Ride in SLC. Pretty light, very strong. 34mm internal width. $550 shipped.
    good deal

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Derby HD on Hope Pro2 Evo 40 tooth
    Thanks, I woulda been in on that, but I just bought some over the weekend.

Got a good hookup on a new unknown brand, seemed worth the risk.
    Sped Precision Mail TR.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell