Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I got a pair - I like them, but they fall down a bit on my big ol calves and pinch above the shoe tongue. Better than taking rocks to a shin! Especially for 10 bones.

Anybody wear pants while riding? Almost that season. I use knee pads on most descents if that makes a difference.
    sproing!

FS: 2017 Transition Patrol https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...trol-mtb-large

FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

Amazing things can happen in work khakis. Two times I forgot riding shorts and had to ride in my work khakis. Both times I stepped up and hit something big that I'd been backing down from forever. So, there's that.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I got a pair - I like them, but they fall down a bit on my big ol calves and pinch above the shoe tongue. Better than taking rocks to a shin! Especially for 10 bones.

Anybody wear pants while riding? Almost that season. I use knee pads on most descents if that makes a difference.
    Been thinking seriously about pickup a pair of the downhill pajama pants. Pretty practical for deflecting all manor of crap, especially in cooler temps.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

I picked up Fox Flexair pants this spring after getting tired of getting poison oak on my shins. They pedal great, and succeeded at keeping off the poison oak. They breath pretty well, good enough to pedal in with knee pads on up until about 70. I probably could wear them in hotter temps but didn't try.

My only complaint is that it becomes a real pain in the ass to make small adjustments to your knee pads if they start to slip and rub. Basically, you have to pull to the side of the trail, drop trou, and fuss with your knee pads and hope some family of hikers doesn't see you.

I will ride them like crazy again once the wet season starts.

I have a pair of Club Ride pants for cooler months. I like 'em
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

heh, my ex-roadie ass is still using leg warmers under the knee pads for cold weather riding. It's been working out for me so far.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Gform user here. Has saved me from injury more than once.

Not quite pantaloon season here, still wearing mah kilt for post ride airing of the dangly bits.
    watch out for snakes

Moderate fail on the socks. I ordered 2 pair. The shin protection rubs on top of my foot. The problem is in the design. It should have a horseshoe shape where it comes down the top of the foot like any other shinpad would. Instead these are rounded. I would need to use moleskin or build up callouses for it to be comfortable.

^ that’s pretty good feedback that wouldn’t really affect flat footed (like me) or smaller users ... you should send it to them.

I’m really curious how many MTBers are buying from them, as their product is a really simple low cost alternative to the G Form shin pad.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Probably not many. Your post was the first place I'd ever heard of them.

Tried them out this weekend. You were right the ankle pads weren't an issue. No complaints except they are definitely on the warm side.