Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Kinda weird how they want to divide the state up. LA and SD in different states?

No way the rest of the country will give California 4 more senators. Sorry, what a waste of time and money.
    San Diego in with the interior RED voters? Great idea. I still thing the suggestion for CA, OR and WA to secede to Canada is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Another example of rich guy ≠ smart guy. Here's a quote from him: "With three states, we're going to be able to govern for the next millennial," Draper told the Associated Press in a video interview two weeks ago. "It's going to be awesome."

The "next millennial"? OK Timmy.

And he's shifty as fuck as to his motives. Spouts misinformation on his website. So Cal voters are not going to vote for this. Congress would never vote for it. He should spend his money on something actually worthwhile. What a dumbshit attention whore.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Another example of rich guy ≠ smart guy. Here's a quote from him: "With three states, we're going to be able to govern for the next millennial," Draper told the Associated Press in a video interview two weeks ago. "It's going to be awesome."

The "next millennial"? OK Timmy.

And he's shifty as fuck as to his motives. Spouts misinformation on his website. So Cal voters are not going to vote for this. Congress would never vote for it. He should spend his money on something actually worthwhile. What a dumbshit attention whore.
    I believe he misspoke. He meant to say "the last millenial".

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    No way it'll happen.
    Remember, this is the state that elected Schwarzenegger governor.

Kinda weird how they want to divide the state up. LA and SD in different states?

No way the rest of the country will give California 4 more senators. Sorry, what a waste of time and money.
    My guess is there's a packing-and-cracking strategy at play that explains how the borders were drawn, with the goal that the new senate seats created would break red.

^Map after Mexico gets walled off?

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    This is the brain child of the same asshole who is still saying that his daughter’s childhood friend who scammed and defrauded people out of hundreds of millions is “a great icon” and a victim of a “witch hunt.”

Fucking VCs.
    And the reason why he's still defending Theranos is because Draper lost what he invested in the company.

He would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling journalists!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    ^Map after Mexico gets walled off?
    Heh. Allusion to Ecotopia, a wildly popular novel during my college days

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Yup, nothing in the empty quarter, move along now.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    I loved ecotopia. And with Trump and his kleptocrat Pruitt, it's more relevant now than ever. This map makes better sense than our current map. Foundry, New England, ecotopia would be rocking it and integrated to the G7 and the global economy (we'd put up with the quebecois and we'd vacation in the islands). Dixie and breadbasket could thump Bibles to their heart's delight and export to us. Empty quarter would probably be renamed EPIC quarter (and would be owned by Vail of course).

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's Nevada City, Auburn, and Placerville making decision for the summit and east slope that has me riled--especially Auburn. The sole criteria for Placer County planning decisions is whether it makes money for Placer County--the will of the locals be damned.
    So true. And people here have talked for decades about forming our own county, but it won't ever happen. Maybe the east side of the Sierra can take preemptive measures and join Nevada.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

could combine the dakotas to make room if it helps since they don’t have enough population anyway.

happy to ship missouri, florida, texas to dear leader’s education camps to complete trump’s awesome noko peace deal.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

“Three states will get us better infrastructure, better education and lower taxes,” Tim Draper, the Silicon Valley venture capitalist who sponsored the ballot measure, said in an email to The Times last summer when he formally submitted the proposal. “States will be more accountable to us and can cooperate and compete for citizens.”
    Well shit.

With that kind of reasoning, why not make every county its own state. Actually, instead of half-assing it, just make every residence its own state.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

As long as we can build a wall to keep all the traffic in LA, I'm ok with that. But they should have to take OC and Riverside as well. And the central valley.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I still thing the suggestion for CA, OR and WA to secede to Canada is better.
    For sure....