ISO: cheap Avid bb7s

Building up a sscx bike on the cheap and looking for some calipers. Figured I'd check here before going to fleabay in case someone has a set kicking around their parts bin.

Cheers

I have a almost new pair of BB7 levers I'd be happy to sell you but sounds like you just need calipers.

Thanks for the offer but only looking for calipers.

I've got a pair of BB5s for very cheap if you're willing to use them. Same mechanism, just one less pad adjuster (and different pads for some reason). PM if interested.

I may have 1 or 2 BB7s. I'm heading out and can't check until Monday. ISO or flat mount?

ISO: cheap Avid bb7s

Pretty sure I have a front in my parts bin. Can’t remember if they’re f/r specific.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    I may have 1 or 2 BB7s. I'm heading out and can't check until Monday. ISO or flat mount?
    Sweet. looking for post mount.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Pretty sure I have a front in my parts bin. Can’t remember if they’re f/r specific.
    I don't think they are specific to which end. if you have one and geezersteve has one that'd make a set.

I think there might be mtnbike or road BB5/ 7's what might be key is how much cable a road or mtb lever can pull, google it out ?

I has some mtb BB7's back in the day, good brake with little to no maintenance, better than the hayes hydro's of the same vintage IME
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    I've got a pair of BB5s for very cheap if you're willing to use them. Same mechanism, just one less pad adjuster (and different pads for some reason). PM if interested.
    If you go with the BB5s, I think I have some new BB5 pads you can have. Or Spats can have them. Either way - PM me if you want them and I'll dig around and see if I can find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.