Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    ^Can I come?
    Absolutely, everyone is welcome.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    good texting with ya
    and glad things are lookin better
    you should share that hs detention report
    it made me smile
    you and thin cover are a couple salt of the earth brothers and your acquaintances and others like you are the reason i dont want to give up this strange addiction
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Aging is a mf
    Yah, sure as hell is.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Yah, sure as hell is.
    My dad always said that it beats the alternative. Until he got Parkinson's/MSA and dementia. Then he would yell obscenities about it in his more lucid moments. In the not so lucid moments he would just yell obscenities about random things. Do not go quietly old man. Rage. RIP.

For anyone feeling down: This movie is a beauty. Just a very well done little film with all manner of levels.

Name:  220px-Boy2010movieposter.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  23.1 KB

Yeti

You helped me today
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    that’s BBI’esque of ya! A FANTASTIC motto
    Life is all about our daily bread.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Yeti

You helped me today
    Small Help.

Hope you're doing well, yeti!

You're a rightious and gifted individual. Don't let life get you down

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Aging is a mf
    It's not the aging it's the expectations of growing old that needs to be put in check. Many of us listened to the bullshit we could have it all as kids, we forgot to focus on basic love and happiness and some were driven to keeping up with the Jones's

We should all be rock stars driving Ferraris if we believed in what society thrusts upon us as kids. But instead we found skiing, climbing or mountain biking so all that bullshit fell by the wayside because we figured out our happy place early in life, it wasn't about the worries of bills or kids, it was about the love of the game we were chasing flowing down a hill.

Just remember as long as you have friends you will be okay, they will always be there to remind you society is bullshit and to appreciate a fine cooked home meal, the feeling of being young again and a long needed hug.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    you should share that hs detention report
    it made me smile
    Young derelict.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5F7A799-55E0-4D9C-A2E6-FE32A2DD3F07.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	387.7 KB 
ID:	239968

This was in a box of stuff my mom saved. Skiing was my downfall, I was a good kid until The Addiction. Here I am with a crippled back, hobbling to the top of the paved wave—on a weekday no less—to longboard down.... like some junky hobbling down to the corner to score. I mean, it’s awesome, but it’s also a little pathetic. I dream of buying a onewheel like Tyrone Biggums dreams of that giant crack rock.

That's great.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Just remember as long as you have friends you will be okay, they will always be there to remind you society is bullshit and to appreciate a fine cooked home meal, the feeling of being young again and a long needed hug.
    So make sure you make some young friends.

Young derelict.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5F7A799-55E0-4D9C-A2E6-FE32A2DD3F07.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	387.7 KB 
ID:	239968

This was in a box of stuff my mom saved. Skiing was my downfall, I was a good kid until The Addiction. Here I am with a crippled back, hobbling to the top of the paved wave—on a weekday no less—to longboard down.... like some junky hobbling down to the corner to score. I mean, it’s awesome, but it’s also a little pathetic. I dream of buying a onewheel like Tyrone Biggums dreams of that giant crack rock.
    You'll be ok. Maybe beat yourself up a little less, heal that back, choose the cruisers over the bumps, chutes over cliffs. It's all good.

Let me know if you want/are able to go to LCC this winter in Feb.-ish and I'll make it happen.

I

We should all be rock stars driving Ferraris if we believed in what society thrusts upon us as kids.
    I'm more troubled by what society thrust on me as a young adult:
    i.e. I had a strong sense of direction and an overarching confidence that whatever happened was supposed to happen and that if I followed skiing everything would work itself out. I had good jobs and friendly bosses and plenty of money. When one door closed another opened. I figured life would be like that indefinitely.

I never imagined it being very difficult to find a good job or living in chronic pain. For some reason those possibilities never even occurred to me. I have a relatively young surfing friend, and the way he speaks to me indicates he feels the same way. "just start a business". "just change jobs". The world's a big fluffy playground right up until it's not anymore and there's no reverse gear.

love the suspension report, Yeti. And I find you inspiring, your struggles are real and you put yourself out there. Keep on keeping on.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Page 5 is like -9 Ogdens. That suspension report might be the post of the year.

Glad you are around, Yeti-man! If there is ever anything you need in Jackhole, just shout.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Huh, I had it ranked at plus 8. Damn Ogden scale. I can never remember if Ogden itself is +1 or -1.

Ogden itself was about 3 Ogdens 10 years ago when The Ogden was conceived. It's probably Ogden-neutral now, what with your various meatdrinks and frozenwaters furiously gentrifying for a solid decade now.

I went to HS with a guy named Ogden

did he smell like a dog food factory?

I like Ogden.

If they would just slip in a tram from Weber up the backside of Snow Basin, not only would it save billions of tons of CO (okokokookoo….) that would be tits and do wonders for the Old funkhole Ogden.

Actually, that might ruin it.

Anyway, yeah, darkness, darkness.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It's not the aging it's the expectations of growing old that needs to be put in check. Many of us listened to the bullshit we could have it all as kids, we forgot to focus on basic love and happiness and some were driven to keeping up with the Jones's

We should all be rock stars driving Ferraris if we believed in what society thrusts upon us as kids. But instead we found skiing, climbing or mountain biking so all that bullshit fell by the wayside because we figured out our happy place early in life, it wasn't about the worries of bills or kids, it was about the love of the game we were chasing flowing down a hill.

This thread has value...

since yeti's detention report is preserved, I'll cover mud's post :
    I talk a lot these days About adjusting expectations : people - friends - past sixty(,) who want to be thirty forever. …

I call bullshit.
    I sat with my Dad in the last year of his life: Dad was eighty-four.
    dementia (classified as Alzheimer's). we did not need to speak. he was down to monosyllables, three and four word expressions took (great) effort.
    And He had lived it. I know it.
    I would read essays of our beloved North country(,) and adventures we love.

Don says when you hit Fifty(,) start subtracting ( Not adding) birthdays. … That makes A hundred the goal...

IF I have anything to add (probably Not), I would claim it is never too late to start taking better care of ourselves.
    My back. yeti's back. … I never thought about chronic Pain. it changes things...

enjoy - Be grateful - what we have... skiing, biking, surfing and paddling... Water. friends and Family ( Family may (or may not) be relatives ) .
    love life : death is forever.

end of sermon.

this is a good thread, i-as. … my post may be bullshit. we 'll see...

Thanks... and my thanks to tgr for hosting this community (!)

Let's go skiing... ! tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "