Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    OP where are you at that there is such a hurry to mount these old skis? Where is the snow stash?
    MT. Headed out on Thursday--another reason I didn't want to wait to receive a bit in the mail (these are my daughter's rock skis--actually a shame to use them as rock skis since they are good condition GS skis, but they were free).

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Wtf? Drill bits don’t bend 90’. They snap. Snapped plenty of tiny ones, never ever noticed one bend even a little.
    Maybe you noticed a slight bend in this one? I think your conclusion about what drill bits can do is as defective as this bit.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think its what is refered to a "brad point" drill bit which often come bundled as part of those really cheap sets of drills bits/ screwdriver bits, i just looked in my set and i have a 5/32

the normal drill bits are not bad but those look like shit, I wouldn't use it to mount ski bindings
    Yeah, I think you're right. I had no idea there were real differences between bits, but the one I got at the store to replace this one worked fine--actually went through the ski (including the metal) with almost no effort, as opposed to the piece of crap bit which I was (obviously) really leaning on trying to get it through.
    [quote][//quote]

I have mounted a dozen skis with ace hardware bits and collars. Zero problems.

I mount binding freedom primarily now and have the tools for that. It is nice having the real tools to be honest

If anyone is on the fence about real ski tools, pull teigger

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Maybe you noticed a slight bend in this one? I think your conclusion about what drill bits can do is as defective as this bit.
    Like I said, I thought you were pranking, i.e. had some hoobajuba beneath the duct tape (in your pic), in order to be wacky/funny in the off-season. That's because:

1) Anything other than a complete piece of shit, defective/fraudulent bit would never incur a permanent bend; it would snap first.

2) Incurring a bend with a defective bit is one thing. Getting to a full 90' takes a special talent.