Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Name:  673.gif
Views: 193
Size:  635.1 KB

You all done yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    thanks. I wasn't a racist until Obama, so I have to give him partial credit.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    The people doing this are definitely a huge part of the problem, but are the city, county, or state governments doing much to assist? I only read about the housing crisis in Jackson from time to time, and I'm just a tourist there on occasion, but I haven't heard much about government initiatives to move the trend in the right direction. Surely the town or county could get creative, like using a portion of property taxes to subsidize affordable housing? Is there anything like this already in place?
    summit county/breckenridge are taking the lead on this and doing a good job, their model is pretty much the blue print for other resort towns
    although you can claim there is some slimy stuff going on
    then again an deed restricted affordable tax pay subsdiesd house starts at 450,000.00 some people consider that a bargin..................

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    summit county/breckenridge are taking the lead on this and doing a good job, their model is pretty much the blue print for other resort towns
    although you can claim there is some slimy stuff going on
    then again an deed restricted affordable tax pay subsdiesd house starts at 450,000.00 some people consider that a bargin..................
    450k? Dang, that's a whole lotta cocktail slinging and not a whole lotta powder skiing.
    dirtbag, not a dentist