Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It’s fucked.

Kicking myself for not buying a house in TV in the 2009 recession. A real house. Over the pass. But damn nice for the money. Would have had to rent until my retirement. But damn. What a nice investment.

Or scraping nickels well before that to buy a condo in ghetto brook. I didn’t have nickels. But I wish I had scraped harder to get it.

It’s so fucked.

I know so many that were renting and moved away. Good people. But they gave up. I wish they had owned and at least cashed out. But no. They survived until they were forced out.
    I also know a few that lucked out and got subsidized housing. Good for them. Lottery winners.
    I’ve got some friends who are in those subsidized places.

Kick myself for not buying anything in ‘94, back then the potato fields in Driggs were just getting cut up into building lots. Literally dirt cheap.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ain’t changing.

Once upon a time jh was dead in the winter.
    Dirtbag cheap lodging. Think elk refuge. 49er. Etc.
    busy season was summer.

It ain’t coming back.

It’s still an amazing valley. But the word is out. And the billionaires are kicking out the millionaires. Money is power.
    They might do a little around the edges to make sure they have house cleaners and landscapers. But not much more than that.

Even today. The draw isn’t winter.
    It’s no income tax. Amazing vistas. Occasional hikes or bikes. But mostly feeling Wild West. But not really being a cowboy. Since you’re in a five plus million dollar house.

It really sucks that the best resort in NA is trapped in a valley of money.
    This is the essence of it. No state income tax means that the wealthy can significantly over pay for a residence and have the tax saving pay for it in a very short time. Of course being a really cool place to play is the bonus. It's not going backwards. Five years ago a 2br condo could be bought for around $500K in the Aspens...now they are fighting to pay 1.5 mill. If you make 1 mill a year your state tax savings pay for it in about ten years.