WTB: Tail Gate Pad

I want a tailgate pad for my full size Ford, anyone got something they don't use/want to upgrade?

^^^^ if no luck, shipping blankets work great, completes the dirt bag look also.

I saw a blanky this weekend, and I pointed it out to my wife, (explaining the Dakine leave-on-the-back always bro-model concept), and she liked the blanky better.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I saw a blanky this weekend, and I pointed it out to my wife, (explaining the Dakine leave-on-the-back always bro-model concept), and she liked the blanky better.
    If I don't have a tail gate pad, how will everyone know I embrace the freeride lifestyle?

I’ve seen a guy near me a few times that has an old comforter with “dakine” spray painted on it, gives me a good chuckle whenever I see it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    If I don't have a tail gate pad, how will everyone know I embrace the freeride lifestyle?
    Just wear your bike shorts and downhill pads when you go to town.

I want a tailgate pad for my full size Ford, anyone got something they don't use/want to upgrade?
    random extra blankie for insta st cred
    skid luxury

I've got a narrower dakine stashed somewhere that you can have for a beer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Did the blanket for years, it’s worth it to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I've got a narrower dakine stashed somewhere that you can have for a beer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Deal. Can I PayPal you beer money + shipping and have you send it to me? If it's too narrow for me I'll pass it along to nw_skier since he has a tacoma

Deal. Can I PayPal you beer money + shipping and have you send it to me? If it's too narrow for me I'll pass it along to nw_skier since he has a tacoma
    Sweet!

Side question: do the pads work ok on a chevy tailgate? The top of the gate has the flat area on it.

Like so: (ignore the diamond plate, first photo I found) https://www.realtruck.com/dee-zee-di...-tailgate-cap/

Best tailgate pad I ever saw was just some cardboard on an old little truck's gate and someone wrote DAKINE on it with a sharpie.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Side question: do the pads work ok on a chevy tailgate? The top of the gate has the flat area on it.

Like so: (ignore the diamond plate, first photo I found) https://www.realtruck.com/dee-zee-di...-tailgate-cap/
    Kinda depends on the pad. I had a buddy dent two on his old Chevy.... both Santa Cruz Hecklers oddly enough. I think the right pad and make sure you have padding on that edge and you should be ok.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Most of the new ones have straps to keep the bikes seperate and from bouncing. I wouldn’t get one without those straps if you’re shuttling on dirt roads. Using a friends “race face” on yesterday and worked good with the straps. One strap did pull out though(warrantee). I use a “north shore nsr-4” but they’re a little more of an investment and still needed to get a u bolt thing off amazon($50extra) to really lock it down in the hitch and eliminate any slack

Shuttle pads are nice if you are shuttling because they will secure the bikes and help to prevent too much rub and banging up against each other. If you are just using it to move you and a friends bikes to the trailhead, then a blanket should be fine, or just get an in-bed mount.

If you want a pad badly, ive heard much better things about the RaceFace pads for durability, and i know that the RaceFace pads secure the bikes in one spot better than dakine. Make sure you get the right size.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I use a Dakine pad on a 2014 F150 (similar looking tailgate) and haven't had any damage in 3 years. Have carried lightweight aluminum and carbon bikes, but haven't done a lot of shuttling on bumpy roads. The only issue I have is the wide tailgate makes the bike sit higher up so they do tend to fall sideways a little bit. When people have bikes they really care about I just put something between the bikes so they don't fall into each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Get.Kronk View Post
    I’ve seen a guy near me a few times that has an old comforter with “dakine” spray painted on it, gives me a good chuckle whenever I see it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I used one of those rubberized utility carpets you can get at the hardware store, with a little foam on the lip of the tailgate underneath, held on by ratchet straps. screw spending a bunch of money.