Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Turtles all the way down
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Certain uncertainty is like mountain bike tires: there are 3 options, so pick one and be a dick about it.
    End of discussion. Thanks for that one.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trin...sion-1.4707240

this is great, Christian law schools in Canada lose the right to mess with people and call it religious freedom
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Speaking of which

WTF? Weak troll is weak. You miss one oblique reference to Hawking radiation as a remote possibility for learning Anything about the inside of a singularity and start babbling about English in the divinely inspired days of King James? Be better.

Tell us more, jojo.

Is there a single religious text that mentions dinosaurs or multiple mass extinctions millions of years prior to mankind?

What kind of asshole deity does that and then doesn’t mention it when divinely sharing the history of the world to those he created in his image?

Why does that image remind me of a tabby cat in a top hat with a monocle smoking a cigar while riding a psychedelic flaming nuclear death unicorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Is there a single religious text that mentions dinosaurs or multiple mass extinctions millions of years prior to mankind?

What kind of asshole deity does that and then doesn’t mention it when divinely sharing the history of the world to those he created in his image?
    Good point. But at least as far as the OT god goes, he has a pretty well established record of assholery. Compassion nyet.

Our world has to have enough pain, death and destruction to give believers hope that a better place awaits as well as fear that a worse place is also a possibility. God definitely allows tragedy to happen, sometimes on a global scale.

Who's making the tragedy that God definitely allows? God, right?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Who's making the tragedy that God definitely allows? God, right?
    Depends on if you believe in free will or not for man caused tragedy. As for nature and earth.. quite possible that some of that is man caused or influenced as well right? If you believe in free will then God allows it.. If you believe every action is 100% God orchestrated and there is no actual free will then ya, God authors tragedies. Regardless, to a believer the only place where we're not susceptible to horror is in heaven. Down here.. or farther down there awful tragedies are a fact of life and death..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The current reading of "Free Will" is a cop out for an "all LOVING God," and even Christians changed the dogma about 1000 years after Christ to add "The Devil Made Me Do It," which isn't in the Bible. Originally the Devil just offered alternatives, man still made the choice.

Pantheism is so much better at that shit. Oh, I fucked the neighbor's 10yo? NO! It was (insert trickster or evil god/demon here.)

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Depends on if you believe in free will or not for man caused tragedy. As for nature and earth.. quite possible that some of that is man caused or influenced as well right? If you believe in free will then God allows it.. If you believe every action is 100% God orchestrated and there is no actual free will then ya, God authors tragedies. Regardless, to a believer the only place where we're not susceptible to horror is in heaven. Down here.. or farther down there awful tragedies are a fact of life and death..

All-knowing God knew the number of hairs on your head before he created the universe. He knew what you would do and when you would do it before He put you on earth.
    Where's the "free will" in that?

"God orchestrated"? God Created.
    God created The Debbil, God created your children. God created the tornado that tore up the trailer park and the Flood that killed the dinosaurs and giants.
    Name me a single person place or thing in the Universe that God didn't create.

Everything? Name one thing "god" created and prove how you know it was "god"

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Everything? Name one thing "god" created and prove how you know it was "god"
    He's not saying, he's just saying. Keep up man.

Well, God could choose not to cheat could he not? He could set in motion something the result of which even he could not know, if he chose to make it unknowable, no?

I'm trying to point out the profound incompatibility between "Free will" and a transcendent God. There's nothing an omniscient transcendent God could not know.

Oh yeah, see what hes sayin g

Pretty sure free will doesnt exist even with out a higher power/creator. Ive said this in a post previously with more details.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well, God could choose not to cheat could he not? He could set in motion something the result of which even he could not know, if he chose to make it unknowable, no?
    I'm trying to point out the profound incompatibility between "Free will" and a transcendent God. There's nothing an omniscient transcendent God could not know.
    Somehow these two posts showed up in the opposite order of when they were written, I was replying to highangle's post with mine. I bet God fucked it up just to screw with us, he seems to enjoy that kind of thing.

Pretty sure free will doesnt exist even with out a higher power/creator. Ive said this in a post previously with more details.

I'd be interested to hear that argument, I'm not buying it at first glance.

Me too.
    I think it went something like...

If you think your "will" is free of everything that has happened until now...that's funny.

Ice - Do you think you are where you are, doing what you are doing, thinking what you are thinking right this instant... because of your free will, or all the events since the Big Bang?
    Do consider your answer...I'm sandbagging you with the way I ask it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

control is optional, but you have no choice