Mounting Demnified Binders (Boston)

Got a pair of Axials that aren't on the list anymore, theyre actually in great shape but Ski Monster Boston wont touch em...which is fine, I understand. Anyone know any local shops that would take care of that for me on the DL? Or anyone local want to do it for me (I have no tools for this kind of endeavor) and I will give you cash, booze, Sox tix, whatever. Any ideas???
    Decisions Decisions

Ski Monster is probably the most over rated shop in the northeast. Barf.

I'd help if I lived in your area, but I don't. For less than the cost of a shop mount, you can buy everything needed to do this, and probably with Amazon Prime same day or two-day shipping!

- Pozidriv #3 screwdriver
    - 3.5mm drill bit or 4.1mm drill bit (4.1 if you've got metal in your skis)
    - Power drill
    - Drill guide if you are an idiot like me and don't know how to drill straight
    - 2x4 for practice before doing the real thing
    - Paper templates from Binding Freedom
    - Research on the interwebs and this thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...n-fucking-skis

There should be a shop that would mount them but FAIL them on the test and visual inspection, making you sign the form saying they failed. Big Box chain probably wouldn't but I hear some mom and pops will if you pester the right people there enough, manager, owner, or a few kids working after they're gone expecting a nice cash tip..

That said, all my gear is not all that modern and the only shop here is 45 minutes away with questionable staff on any given day so.. I mount my own fuckin skis too. haven't paid for a shop mount since the mid 1990s..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

demnified do

demnified don't

can't win
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

http://www.bindingfreedom.com/paper-tempaltes/
    Or there must be someone up north who will do this for you..Those are solid bindings

I don't get why a shop can't drill them out with no liability and leave the actual mounting and adjustment up to the customer..They have the farking jig

Mounting Demnified Binders (Boston)

I may just try and do it at a buddy's garage. Hopefully he has the right tools plus binding freedom. Oh well.

I wish I could sign a waiver waiving the shop from all that shit, similar to the waiver id sign anyway. But you're right...drill the correct holes, I'll mount it. Fuuuck
    Decisions Decisions

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ill be out that way hangin with ice mid july and can freeball em for ya
    otherwise i can mail ya the jig and a bit
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

How are ski manufactures going to make all that money, if they can't sell you a new pair of $600 bindings every time you buy new skis? Ask any telemarker how that one turns out...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    Ski Monster is probably the most over rated shop in the northeast. Barf.
    agree with that. They say they are bootfitters but really have no clue what they are talking about. Drives me nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Any ideas???
    If you feel confident that a pair of non-indemnified bindings are safe to ski, you need to just sack up and mount them yourself. The required tools and skills are minimal. Trying to find a shop to do something they don't want to do? Not worth it for you or them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    I don't get why a shop can't drill them out with no liability and leave the actual mounting and adjustment up to the customer..They have the farking jig
    Brock, you might as well call the shop and ask if they are willing to merely drill all the holes for you. In Tahoe, Granite Chief shop was indeed willing to do that for me (for the same price of a full mount job), and then I took them home and screwed the bindings in myself, adjusted to my friend's boot, etc.

(P.S. I mount skis myself, but this was for my friend, who wanted a rush job, and I didn't want to rush the free-hand drilling step myself.)

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Unless yer goin to South America this summer, there's no rush. Make yer way to Magic some weekend and I'll mount 'em for a 4-pack of Trillium DDH anything. Have a drill press and all the bits, taps, etc. Prolly mounted 25 pairs for friends and my insane gear habit. Learned everything from the mount your own fucking skis thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ill be out that way hangin with ice mid july and can freeball em for ya
    otherwise i can mail ya the jig and a bit
    winning!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Unless yer goin to South America this summer, there's no rush. Make yer way to Magic some weekend and I'll mount 'em for a 4-pack of Trillium DDH anything. Have a drill press and all the bits, taps, etc. Prolly mounted 25 pairs for friends and my insane gear habit. Learned everything from the mount your own fucking skis thread.
    Buy this man a beer. The indemnified bindings thing is BS anyways, none of my skis have "indemnified" bindings..

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    The man!!! I work right by the fort point store and will bring a case of brews (for the ride and for you) up to Magic!

I called the shop, they asked what binding...then said they don't have the jig so they couldn't do it. Can't imagine it's much different than the new pattern but whatever. Gets me to magic and drinking some beers.
    Decisions Decisions

I mounted a pair on my very own skis. I'm at Magic virtually every weekend except
    June 29-30 (Railroad Earth concert in Asbury Park)
    July 7-8 (my brother is getting married for like the 5th time over in NH)
    July 28-29 (Tedeschi Trucks concert at Red Rocks)
    August 11-12 (my daughter's birthday at the Cape)

I always have some Alchemist, Burlington Beer, Foam, Frost, Fiddlehead, and various other NoVT beers hanging around. We can trade.

Here's a hint....come for Ullr-fest...it's the best weekend of the year.

I'm going to try and make it this year. BigDaddy never threw out the invite in the past...

Regardless I'll be up to Magic, haven't skied with that group for a few years
    Decisions Decisions