Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    The fox commentators are fairly awful but it has to be said that a lot of wc football is pretty boring. The format encourages timid play, and sometimes the people calling the game are forced to conjure interest in matches which lack quality and intrigue.

Hmmm, RSA v. EGY seems to have intrigue

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Hmmm, RSA v. EGY seems to have intrigue
    Thats a "K"SA, as in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    This could be the yr.
    Kane is clearly a world class and classy player on a rich vein of form. But I really have my doubts.. Southgate's "system" is being talked up so much and his selection of players who will conform to it. Smells of unable to adapt to me.

I thought they were deeply unimpressive against Tunisia and were very lucky to not stumble out of that game 1-1.

Yeah they scored lots of goals against the 55th ranked country in the world... with the help of two stupid penalties. But at times they looked troubled with counterattacks and pace and there was some very nervous defending under pressure. the few times that Panama did get some possession going England reverted to their old habit of chasing. Also talking of old habits a general lack of confidence on the ball and tendency to just get rid of the thing to anyone rather than to gain tactical advantage with their pass. Clearly they're dangerous at set pieces (which top team isn't - that's the easy bit) but they only really looked to make headway on the right wing in open play.

I think Belgium are going to be a very nasty surprise for them and highly likely they'll carry a defeat into the next round... to admittedly what looks a softish draw for the 16s.

My money is on them going out hard in the quarters.

It could have been the year with far better England teams than this.. and never was.

Never the less COME ON ENGLAND !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

FIFA 2018 World Cup

I agree. They gave up a stupid goal, were given penalties, and kane scored one off his heel. All against a banana republic. I favor Belgium, it’s going to be a good test.

Could also say that there were several near misses and a phantom penalty against England in the Tunisia game. That game could have easily been 4-0 with better luck and officiating. Haven't looked at possible knockout brackets, but England is final 4 at best. Better teams out there planning better ball. I have Mexico going deep, possibly all the way.

This last minute has been rather eventful in this afternoons games
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Safe to say Spain gets biggest disappoint award? Looks like they ran into a tough keeper today. Dominated every stat except the score.

This VAR system seems to be a nightmare for everyone. Causes way too much stoppage in play.....and gives the players too much opportunity to complain, whine, etc....instead of just playing on.

FIFA 2018 World Cup

Iran vs Portugal was totally out of control. Iranians in tears. WC madness! That ref will have a hang over tomorrow.

vuvuzelas are a crime against humanity. should have been banned by the nuclear deal. thanks obama.

Did Ronaldo punch that nice Iranian fellow in the jaw?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Did Ronaldo punch that nice Iranian fellow in the jaw?
    No.

The guy who deserves to get socked in the jaw is Ronaldo's Real Madrid teammate Sergio Ramos. A dirty player and a sneaky scumbag. It was great seeing him fuck up today.

What Ronaldo did was very minor, the Iranian embellished the fuck out of it.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Could also say that there were several near misses and a phantom penalty against England in the Tunisia game. That game could have easily been 4-0 with better luck and officiating. Haven't looked at possible knockout brackets, but England is final 4 at best. Better teams out there planning better ball. I have Mexico going deep, possibly all the way.

If Mexico won that would truly be amazing. No non-power has won since Uruguay eons ago.

I would agree that Kane is world class, and I think Sterling is terrific, but other than that there are guys who are very good and young, guys who need to take the next step. If Kane and Sterling can maintain their play and Rashford/Alli/Lingard and the rest of their young guysdevelop as much as they COULD then England could be really good in 2022.

The 2006 England team had seriously great talent. An argument could be made that they had more talent that year than anyone except Brazil. But Rooney was coming off an injury, Owen was coming off an injury and got hurt, and Gerard and Lampard were simply never able to play well together. Still, look back at England's 2006 roster, that was some serious talent. In a sense, where England really fucked up during those years was in the use of Paul Scholes. They played Scholes out of position to accomodate Lampard and Gerard, and Scholes was EXACTLY the type of player that team needed, a ball-control/point guard type midfielder.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    vuvuzelas are a crime against humanity. should have been banned by the nuclear deal. thanks obama.
    Yes.

That hand ball was questionable on Portugal...not that it matters in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Nice work by the Kosovo national team, showed those Serbs a thing or two.

Attachment 239701
    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...itzerland.html

I didn't know these guys were Albanian. Huh...
    Also, they got fined for those sweet gestures.

"The gesture is likely to inflame tensions among Serb nationalists and ethnic Albanians.

Shaqiri was born in Kosovo, the former Serbian province that declared independence in 2008. Serbia doesn't recognize Kosovo's independence and relations between the two countries remain tense. Xhaka's parents are originally from Kosovo and they are of Albanian heritage. His brother plays for Albania's national team.

Years of war in Balkans sent many families to western European countries, including Switzerland. The Swiss have dozens of ethnic Albanians in their national soccer program."
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Sergio Ramos
    break his fucking leg.

Yeah, and the Swiss striker (pretty mediocre, and all but invisible during the match) is Bosnian. You can bet the game against Serbia meant a lot to the team.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Been a hoot of a WC so far. I'm enjoying every moment.

Now the Mannschaft just needs to beat S. Korea by 2 and I'll be a happy bratwurst eater.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Been a hoot of a WC so far. I'm enjoying every moment.

Now the Mannschaft just needs to beat S. Korea by 2 and I'll be a happy bratwurst eater.
    So if South Korea fiercely kicks the Germans' ass - which could easily happen - will the brat then get stuck in your throat?

Simultaneous games where the announcers keep telling the score of the other game. Have they never heard of DVR? Ruined Spain v Morocco for me yesterday, expecting the same today with ARG vs NGA vs CRO vs ICE.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Simultaneous games where the announcers keep telling the score of the other game. Have they never heard of DVR? Ruined Spain v Morocco for me yesterday, expecting the same today with ARG vs NGA vs CRO vs ICE.
    Yeah, that is a bit f'd up. Who can't switch channels or Google it to find out?

Brasil game was fun to watch. Anyone know if there's footage (hehe) of the face kick ? missed that match

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/06/201...-otamendi-kick
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

I assume the coaches know the score of the other game. Given the importance of ties and goal differentials in the group stage I wonder how much the running score of the other game affects strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post

Don’t fret, FIFA will find a way to bail out the Deutche if needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.