Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    As of next season, Arapahoe Basin will sadly take the crown from CB as my favorite ski area in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This. How much does Mile High charge for shitty good and beer? Same or more. It’s not hard to get around all that bullshit but most are too lazy and they prey on lazy tourons.
    Mile High charges $8.40 for a 20 ounce

I'd be more comfortable accepting these sort of prices if there were actually decent options. Inbev having control of beverages at stadiums/large concessionaires may be the way of the world but it probably shouldn't be so readily accepted. Hopefully the way Mercedes Benz Stadium is pricing things will change the game.

Completely offtopic but I noticed some stores at JHMR only sold Inbev beers individually even though they also carried locals in 6 packs. Is it possible Inbev has so much control, they can dictate these sort of things? I would've happily paid 1/3 what the six pack was priced at for even a single can so I'm not sure how relegating locals to 6 packs is a wise business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I think that what happened yesterday has me pretty concerned, though. April 1st, so plenty of longboards, snowlerblades, costumes, and people having fun. I was just skiing and didn't notice anything that was remotely a big deal. But they closed 10-15 minutes early, because "people are partying". What? I wasn't skiing by then, but why punish people that aren't "partying", whatever that even means. Is that normal VR behavior? Am I going to get denied one of the last chairs on closing day, since people will be having fun that day too?
    That is bogus. I can't imagine that happening in CB and not generating some bad press.

Crested Butte and Stevens pass get Epic (as in bought by Vail)

For Stevens I can’t say there has been overwhelming Vail presence from a patrons point of view. They scan in person now, can’t think of anything else.
    This summer they are upgrading two existing chairlifts. Brooke’s and Daisy. Why they are redoing the beginner chair instead of Kehr’s chair (Chief) with thrilling terrain- is perplexing. At least they’re doing something. My kid is young so I will be in that area
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 04-02-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Is that normal VR behavior? Am I going to get denied one of the last chairs on closing day, since people will be having fun that day too?
    Yes and yes. Sorry. Vail has been closing lifts 1 to 2 hours early for closing day and it's gotten worse each year. Now you get last ride up at 2:30 instead of 4.

Honestly that sounds like it might have been patrol’s call and not from VR corporate.

3 at 3 can be the new style.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Honestly that sounds like it might have been patrol’s call and not from VR corporate.
    Liftie told my buddy the call was made by Tim Baker, the GM.

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

I can't decide what Vail's noncommittal attitude about the long-sought Teo Drainage expansion means: http://crestedbuttenews.com/2019/06/...nsion-project/

Is this Vail taking their corporate time to figure things out? Or a sign that Vail doesn't want to invest too heavily in Crested Butte, that it doesn't fit their model- perhaps even that they want to sell it down the road?
    Last edited by goldenboy; 06-07-2019 at 02:48 PM.

It may bring some good things in the short term like improvements and the Epic Pass.
    In the long term, this is why we were supposed to have antitrust laws. Why would Vail keep the pass cheap once they own all the ski areas? Nevermind parking, lunch, hotels, and all the other shit that's often already overpriced at ski areas.

OTOH, an Epic Pass with Big Sky? Fak.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I can't decide what Vail's noncommittal attitude about the long-sought Teo Drainage expansion means: http://crestedbuttenews.com/2019/06/...nsion-project/

Is this Vail taking their corporate time to figure things out? Or a sign that Vail doesn't want to invest too heavily in Crested Butte, that it doesn't fit their model- perhaps even that they want to sell it down the road?
    It's noncommittal bullshit from lawyers, at least until they can see a safe path forward. Tremble and despair at your new overloads, for the stock market now drives their decisions. I bet they will wait it out another year or two until they decide to pump money into it.

Enjoy the new Teo and hope for the best. I think VR would love a place like CB to compete with Jackson Hole and places like it.. I mean yeah, it ain't Jackson, but with their help the airlines might take notice, they might upgrade some lifts, and be a true destination resort as the economy keeps pumping, but that is a big if. Oh, and also cloud seeding.

CB isn't a true destination resort?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    CB isn't a true destination resort?

Yeah, in the sense of other destination resorts, CB is lacking in many things that bring the spenders in. I've stayed slope side quite a few times, and I love the place, but rich families aren't flocking to the place, for a lot of reasons. My point was, maybe VR can get the place back up to speed to compete with some of the other destination resorts that are succeeding, because CB hasn't been for a while now.

Stevens Pass ski patrol union shreds Vail's unfair labor practices

https://crosscut.com/2020/06/stevens...abor-practices

Vail Resorts will not open CB bike park
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Stevens Pass ski patrol union shreds Vail's unfair labor practices

https://crosscut.com/2020/06/stevens...abor-practices
    They didn't mention a single unfair practice other than they don't think they get paid enough. In other news, water is wet.

Instituting a drug policy for worker's comp injuries is not an unfair labor practice FYI.
    Live Free or Die