Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Not to mention that the folks at Irwin probably like the fact that it is only accessible by snow machine in the winter.

I was just going to say that. Isn't Irwin just a couple of off grid houses and a base camp for cat skiing? I thought about building a place there a couple years back but everyone I talked to said it would be a permitting nightmare.
    Live Free or Die

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post

VR has actually saved this industry multiple times.
    yeah right
    saved it from what?
    When you walk out the door in the morning, what matters most is not what type of skiing you do but whether that skiing is any good. On a waist-deep day, dropping into tight chutes or open bowls, down a sweet line throught the trees where pockets of wind-blown snow create so many natural lips and launching pads... So lets let the dubious bickering within our own sport die with it. The answer is already out there, along with the energy, the freedom, and the truth: What "saved skiing" is SKIING. - Tom Bie
    with a name like shredgnar
    your epic weenie goblin posts read more as skigrooms
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    yeah right
    saved it from what?

with a name like shredgnar
    your epic weenie goblin posts read more as skigrooms
    How many of these ski areas would have been dead in 5-10 years without large corporate investment?
    I didn't say I ski Vail resorts, but I do enjoy the fact that they divert millions of folks away from where I do ski.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I was just going to say that. Isn't Irwin just a couple of off grid houses and a base camp for cat skiing? I thought about building a place there a couple years back but everyone I talked to said it would be a permitting nightmare.
    I skied Irwin Cats one day a long time ago. Rode a cat in from the end of a road just outside CB (awesome experience, got to ride up front in the right side Recaro with music blasting. 180 glass. Slow as shit. Lots of sleds passing us. So, just flatten it for the sledheads. Those people spend money. Beautiful place.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I was just going to say that. Isn't Irwin just a couple of off grid houses and a base camp for cat skiing?
    Yes, that's all it is precisely because you can't drive there 6 months a year.
    Be good, or be good at it.