SOLD: Feathered Friends Helios Jacket, 900+ fill down, Large

Black color, size large. Utterly indistinguishable from brand-new (probably even still have the tags, I'll look), only worn one evening (no campfire), properly stored (uncompressed) in non-smoking home. If you want a super-lightweight, highly-compressible puffy for multi-day touring or to survive unexpected nights outdoors, this is the puffy to have with you.

http://featheredfriends.com/helios-d...cket-5177.html
    "Puffy & warm, the Helios Down Jacket has been one of our most popular jackets for generations. With 900+ fill power down, draft tube, and lycra hem, the Helios is better than ever and ready to keep you warm wherever you wander. Ideal for: backpacking, alpine ascents, ski touring, and general cold weather."

Details
    • Sewn-Through Construction
    • YKK #5 2-way Vislon zipper with insulated draft tube
    • Lycra sealed hand-warmer pockets
    • Zippered internal stash pocket
    • Lycra hem and cuff
    • Fill Power: 900+ Goose Down
    • Fill Weight: 7.2 oz / 204 g (medium)
    • Origin: Manufactured in North America
    • Packed Weight: 16 oz / 454 g (medium)
    • Garment Shell Fabric: Pertex® Endurance® LT
    • Packed Size: 6" x 6" | 4L
    • Front Zipper Length: 27" / 69 cm (medium)
    • Made in the USA and Canada of imported materials

SEE BELOW
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 10-16-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Chiming in to say that these jackets are outstanding. My 15 year old one has been heavily used and is still surprisingly warm.

How tall/heavy are you? I tend to prefer a slightly looser fit for ease of layering, but a large might be pushing it.

FF Helios has an athletic fit. Mine (hooded) is XXL and it fits somewhere between other manufacturers' XL and XXL. As a general rule, FF garments are relatively trim in the body and roomier across shoulders. That's a really sweet down jacket at a great price.
    Last edited by GeezerSteve; 06-27-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Sweet jacket; I have the same one and it's great to feel super warm at the top of a cold-but-sweaty climb.

The FF large is a little smaller than a Western Mountaineering large. I'm 5'9" / 172 lbs and the large FF Helios fits great, while the large WM Quickflash is baggy on me (but I worry that a medium would be too snug) and the sleeves are a bit too long. The arms and length on the Helios could easily fit someone taller than me, but on my shorter arms the sleeves just puff up and the length at the wrist cuffs is perfect. It's like the thick down loft automatically adjusts to your size.

Only reason I'm selling the Helios is I run really hot (usually just wear a merino t-shirt under a shell and zero insulation when skiing if it's above 20 degrees), plus it generally doesn't get very cold in CA, so I just never ever wear this puffy. Would probably be different if I were in UT or CO.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 07-10-2018 at 11:52 PM.

I've been looking for something like this. PM sent.

Here's a photo of the length ECG, 25.25" from the bottom of the collar (top of shoulders) and about 4.75" of total loft. I'm 5'9" and the bottom of the jacket is about 5.5" below the top of my belt, but like I mentioned the deep loft seems to magically absorb any extra length and girth. If you're 5" taller than me, suppose half of that is additional leg length, so the bottom of the jacket should still be a few inches below your belt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180710_220453.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	241126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180710_220213.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	241127  

I can't believe I just stood in front of a mirror with measuring tape haha. But, this'll work! I'll take it. Another PM sent. Thanks for the add'l pics

Turns out ECG is uber tall, he'll be posting this jacket back up for sale shortly. Think he's looking for $215 or so shipped, but he'll provide the details.