SLC mags!! I've got a request

Do any of you have a copy of Canyoneering 3 by Steve Allen that I could borrow on Sunday evening and return next Sunday? I need to do some research on the drive South.

Can repay with beers from WA or whatever else. And I will post a TR.

Oh just wing it, you'll be fine.

That's the current plan. I'm attempting to allay some concerns

I was kinda kidding. But it sounds like a fun trip, enjoy.

Bump.

Sorry mang, know I have a copy and just checked my library - I musta lent it out to someone who didn't return it. Hate it when that happens, and can't remember who it was. Maybe you should just buy a copy, Kirkham's or Wasatch Touring prolly has one. Good luck.

Good call, this whole thing is really last minute but I'll have a bit of time Sunday after I fly in. I'll see if I can pick up a copy.

Do you want my copy if I get one? I don't know how many times I'll use it after this trip and I can leave it with a friend in salt lake

http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/utah/

^^^lots of info for Utah canyons. PDF's of Tom's guides.

I think I can find my copy of Kelsey’s technical canyoneering guide. Also check out climb-utah.com. I can give you a username for the password protected stuff if interested.

What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I think I can find my copy of Kelsey’s technical canyoneering guide. Also check out climb-utah.com. I can give you a username for the password protected stuff if interested.

What kind of stuff are you looking for?
    Thanks guys. I'll look at those links some more. We're looking at doing some sort of packrafting loop, nothing technical in the canyons. I think I have most of two plan options worked out from the last two days' research. But that book sounds like it has some useful information.

The options are something like a twilight to Llewellyn canyon loop possibly exiting at home in the rock. Or fiftymile, Davis gulch and some exploring. But the biggest issue is not having a good estimate of our speed in the canyons or while floating so extra options are worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Thanks guys. I'll look at those links some more. We're looking at doing some sort of packrafting loop, nothing technical in the canyons. I think I have most of two plan options worked out from the last two days' research. But that book sounds like it has some useful information.

The options are something like a twilight to Llewellyn canyon loop possibly exiting at home in the rock. Or fiftymile, Davis gulch and some exploring. But the biggest issue is not having a good estimate of our speed in the canyons or while floating so extra options are worth looking into.
    In that case I’ll do you one better. I have Kelsey’s non technical canyon guide to the Colorado Plateau you can use if you want.