Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I love how they say "possibly hollow" like the rest of the science is settled and they're just trying to figure that part out.

"Possibly filled with creamy marshmallow, but it could also be a giant liquid cherry filling"

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I love how they say "possibly hollow" like the rest of the science is settled and they're just trying to figure that part out.

"Possibly filled with creamy marshmallow, but it could also be a giant liquid cherry filling"
    lol yes that was my favorite part also. if only we knew about that hollow bit

I'm really into the fact that great ball of ice is needed to disprove the earth being round. Truly a magnificent about-face. A masters in bullshittery is needed to grow bawls that yudge.

I think it's safe to say Flat Earthers don't buy into Occam's Razor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I'm really into the fact that great ball of ice is needed to disprove the earth being round. Truly a magnificent about-face. A masters in bullshittery is needed to grow bawls that yudge.
    regular brain: the earth is a sphere
    expanding brain: the earth is flat
    universe brain: the earth is flat sitting on top of a giant hollow ice sphere, for some reason??

I think there is some of both happening here with regard to satire and evangelism. Smart people are trolling dumb people like the idiot that tried going up in the Evil Knievel rocket to prove we're flat..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Back during the 2nd Bush Administration, I was watching Loose Change out of curiosity. At one point they talk about the flight that crashed in ~Somerset County, PA. The fkng plane did a nose dive from altitude and vaporized on impact. The pubescent truther narrating the movie used this as incontrovertable evidence of it being staged. When I realized the reach of the documentary alongside the white hot idiocy of the creators, I experienced what felt like an aneurysm.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

Because being made of green cheese was already taken by the moon...

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Because being made of green cheese was already taken by the moon...
    Green cheese?? Everyone knows the moon is made of ribs.

https://youtu.be/gQDqRlMeJ4U

Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app

This 'flat earth' craze out-dates the whole 'eating Tide Pods' thing, but I believe there a lot of similarities between them.

The entire thing started out as a joke in the early days of the internet (forum created in 2004) to poke fun at the wacky conspiracy-types. Problem is, some morons actually started buying into it as if it were 'a real thing', and then it wasn't too long before the media got wind of it and started hyping it up for ratings.

Ideas are contagious, and even the dumbest ones can gain traction among a minority of people. The internet just helped expedite this process.

Real flat earthers were around long before the internet. The net just gave them a platform. And trolls. Lots of trolls.

I like how The Great Ice Ball (possibly hollow) is a sphere. That's some next level trolling - or idiocy. Either way...

Do not doubt that tjer e are people capable of, and actually belief such tripe. We all know "that crazy guy who believes..." I have a friend that is convinced aliens have visited Mars because there are some rocks that a vague human face, and that there is an alien base off the coast of California because the Google earth pictures have a vague patch of low resolution that could only be an alien base. He really believes this shit.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

So, do some flat earthers look down on anti vaxers and vice versa? Or are they both together one larger homogeneous group?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So, do some flat earthers look down on anti vaxers and vice versa? Or are they both together one larger homogeneous group?
    The flat earthers are closely related to the chemtrail believers.

The anti vaxers are closely related to the raw water drinkers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I have a friend that is convinced [...] that there is an alien base off the coast of California because the Google earth pictures have a vague patch of low resolution that could only be an alien base. He really believes this shit.
    That's not an alien base, it's the farking Catalina Wine Mixer.

https://www.visitcatalinaisland.com/...ine-mixer-2018

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    The flat earthers are closely related to the chemtrail believers.

The anti vaxers are closely related to the raw water drinkers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Pretty sure a Venn diagram would have the largest space dedicated to all of those together.. Alex Jones water LOL

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    But what if it started as a joke and dimwits who don't get satire took it and ran? Like, imagine if the Flying Spaghetti Monster actually started a real religion by accident.
    Funny you should mention spaghetti.

A lot of people believed it

Salon: 7 Things Americans Think are More Plausible than Global Warming:

-- 77% believe in angels
    -- 55% believe the founding fathers established the U.S. as a Christian nation
    -- 1 in 4 believe the sun revolves around the Earth
    -- Only 60% believe in evolution
    -- 51% don't trust the big bang theory
    -- Only 44% are confident that vaccines do not cause autism

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Salon: 7 Things Americans Think are More Plausible than Global Warming:

-- 77% believe in angels
    -- 55% believe the founding fathers established the U.S. as a Christian nation
    -- 1 in 4 believe the sun revolves around the Earth
    -- Only 60% believe in evolution
    -- 51% don't trust the big bang theory
    -- Only 44% are confident that vaccines do not cause autism
    Looks like one of those polls where all the sample population was contacted via LANDLINE phones.. Lotta old people who don't have much access to the best information available..

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Back during the 2nd Bush Administration, I was watching Loose Change out of curiosity. At one point they talk about the flight that crashed in ~Somerset County, PA. The fkng plane did a nose dive from altitude and vaporized on impact. The pubescent truther narrating the movie used this as incontrovertable evidence of it being staged. When I realized the reach of the documentary alongside the white hot idiocy of the creators, I experienced what felt like an aneurysm.
    Oh come on, everyone knows Flight 93 was shot down.

The jets were there, it was headed toward the White House, why not.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What kills me about flat-earthers (the true believers, not the trolls who sucked them in) is the belief that it's all a government conspiracy and plot to control the citizens. Really? Do you mean to say that, even though we've been at war with several other countries who don't believe in our systems of government or, really, anything, that ALL countries in the world are in full cooperation to function as though the world is round? With changing leadership over the centuries that the indoctrination for government includes sworn secrecy and control of the citizen through the round-earth dogma? And once out of office/excommunicated/exiled, there is to be no reveal of this hideous flat-earth truth? Neither science nor logic is within these folks capacity. Dimwits is a kind term.

I guess once you write off Evolution and the age of the Universe, anything is fair game.
    That's why you can't expect much good to come from a Creationist.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Oh come on, everyone knows Flight 93 was shot down.

The jets were there, it was headed toward the White House, why not.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fake news, you dumbfuck.

Everybody knows Flight 93 was scheduled to have in it's cargo hold a shipment of 37 chests of gold bullion being smuggled into the US by George Soros. Just before takeoff the gold was switched to another airplane, conveniently operated by the Clinton Foundation and leased through a known Jewish banking cartel. The Illuminati and the Bilderbergs knew the only way to cover up the crime was to shoot down Flight 93 with a missile. They shot it down using a Patriot Missile Battery operated by the Pennsylvania National Guard in Chumbawumba PA. I bet you can't find that town on a map. That's because the Deep State does not want you to know where the missile came from. To explain how a US airliner disappeared, they blew up the Twin Towers with their pre-wired explosives. Hillary kept the gold.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Good thing these wack jobs don't have the clout to elect anyone powerful.