Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Brit, you have any experience with Korean tranny's?

Unless the OP needs 4 seats, I'd be inclined to gather up a few extra quid and shop around for a S2000. It's a fun ride and I'd wager it holds its value better than the Mazder and Ford.
    Need 4 doors bratty kids...

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    2013ish GTI looks to be in the running. Slightly cheaper even (like year like mileage to Mazda/focus). Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't considered since repairs on the Audi were so high. Will reconsider.

Anything I should know about that vintage GTI? Reviews seem stellar and it's a very well reviewed car in general, but there has to be something weird.
    Google MK6 GTI issues or something to that effect. Although holding out for a 2015 or newer MK7 GTI makes sense too. Through today, you can even get a new 2018 for $21K in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Save money and get a non "sporty" trim line of either one? Which maybe gives you the cash to keep the truck as an extra vehicle since it's paid off?
    That's what I plan on doing this summer though I'll still need my truck for cutting an hauling firewood and dog training/trials.

I understand about the seating position in the GTI/R, but I got over that. Great car, lots of them out there, (helps with mods, fixing, etc.), a real blast to drive.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I hope to own an R at some point, just to celebrate the fact that they still make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I hope to own an R at some point, just to celebrate the fact that they still make it.
    Or to be more specific, that they import it to the US. Lots of cool cars are made.

Stick and not discounting AWD at all...less mpg though. Just don't think I need it, not driving up a canyon during winter anymore. Had the WRX had the more refined Audi A4. Maybe I'm looking for a different manufacturer? I do lean towards the Ford focus st btw...gotta go drive a few. I might consider aVW R or GTI. Had a thing for GTI as a younger man just never pulled trigger. Drove my parents cabriolet a bunch and I had a Jetta for a while. They handle well.

Thanks so far for all the replies.
    But you will be driving around in an area that gets a fair bit of rotten weather and deals with it very poorly. I love driving in the snow but frequently choose to stay home when things are sketchy because so many people here are so bad at it and their cars are not set up for it. Worn out all seasons or even worse stock summer low pro rubber and they're all over the place sliding into everything. Sometimes it's kind of fun watching them use each other and parked cars to control their speed and direction

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I'd take a Stinger GT over many cars on the road today ...
    It seems like a pretty cool car but I'd be hard pressed to go with it over an AWD Charger RT.

Mazdaspeed3 or Ford Focus st 2013

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Or to be more specific, that they import it to the US. Lots of cool cars are made.
    This is America, if it ain’t heer it ain’t reel

I have a '13 Focus ST. Recaro buckets and most of the frills. Manual tranny (which I think is the only way you can get the ST?)

Considered the Mazda, but there's no good Mazda dealers around me, so I crossed that one off the list just because getting any warranty work done would be a hassle. Also considered a GTI, but at least for that model year, the interior is kinda shit compared to the Focus. Not a big Suby fan, so only passively considered the WRX. Engine, motor, and driving performance aside, the Focus just seemed to offer a lot more bang for the buck in terms of "other" features. For less money than I would have spent on a basic GTI, I got the ST with a sunroof, premium stereo, keyless entry, etc.

The Focus has been good to me. It's comfortable on long drives (just finished a ~4,000 mile road trip in it), but still plenty fun to drive. I've had zero issues with it, and haven't done anything other than regular maintenance.

Downsides: Plenty of torque steer. Sync infotainment system is occasionally quirky (although all in all, its fine). Steering wheel controls aren't well laid out (I have 4 ways to skip a song / change volume with my right hand. Zero ways to do that with my left hand. And it's a manual transmission). Gas mileage isn't impressing anyone (26ish mixed driving, 30ish highway, less with a heavier foot). Plastic bodywork is low - I've cracked it in a couple spots driving in the snow. The interior smells like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The interior smells like my dog.
    Ours too.

Maybe it's a design feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Ours too.

Maybe it's a design feature?
    My F250 has the same issue. I think it might be a Ford thing.

To a dog, the interior probably smells like people.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I have a '13 Focus ST. Recaro buckets and most of the frills. Manual tranny (which I think is the only way you can get the ST?)

Considered the Mazda, but there's no good Mazda dealers around me, so I crossed that one off the list just because getting any warranty work done would be a hassle. Also considered a GTI, but at least for that model year, the interior is kinda shit compared to the Focus. Not a big Suby fan, so only passively considered the WRX. Engine, motor, and driving performance aside, the Focus just seemed to offer a lot more bang for the buck in terms of "other" features. For less money than I would have spent on a basic GTI, I got the ST with a sunroof, premium stereo, keyless entry, etc.

The Focus has been good to me. It's comfortable on long drives (just finished a ~4,000 mile road trip in it), but still plenty fun to drive. I've had zero issues with it, and haven't done anything other than regular maintenance.

Downsides: Plenty of torque steer. Sync infotainment system is occasionally quirky (although all in all, its fine). Steering wheel controls aren't well laid out (I have 4 ways to skip a song / change volume with my right hand. Zero ways to do that with my left hand. And it's a manual transmission). Gas mileage isn't impressing anyone (26ish mixed driving, 30ish highway, less with a heavier foot). Plastic bodywork is low - I've cracked it in a couple spots driving in the snow. The interior smells like my dog.
    got any pics of it ? I've got a 2006 Focus SVT Comp Orange and originally was going to make it a track car but it's still my daily driver and running strong. Been thinking about stepping up to a newer Focus or Fiesta and Ford seems to be cutting deals now. a bit off topic but my buddy's dad just got on of these. Cobra R only 300 made for $40K, which was a deal since they're so rare. My buddy runs a Mustang GT pushing just over 420 HP with race gas.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

and since ya said Mazda Speed, this bad boy was hot and cold with mechanical problems last weekend but when they dialed it in, a friggin beast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazdaspeed.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	562.3 KB 
ID:	237676  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Let's face it, you
    Attachment 237640
    Thats from Top Gun 2 apparently....

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Must be. The 3 and Focus are basically the same car, and if agree with that review except our Mazada does not spell like our dog. Must be a Ford thing for sure.

BTW, my son would love a dog. Too bad his mom is allergic.

I have a fiesta. It smells like party, I mean pussy, I mean party.

Definitely not dog.

Need 4 doors bratty kids...

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Rocket. Box.

They source their "leather" in Korea?

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3410.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	284326

Bumping this thread because I just bought a 2013 ST and am stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That looks awesome.