Thread: Ibis Ripley LS

Ibis Ripley LS

Anybody ride one of the 2017 vintage (before plus size). Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Ya, But i assume you mean before boost not plus. I like the geometry and it's versatile. Not many better all around 29ers if any.

Love my 2014 OG so much I just upgraded to all 2018 new fox factory suspension front and rear. Made a great great bike even better.

Max back tire size is around 2.35 I believe.

I have a non boost LS and run a 2.5 minion wt and 2.3 bontrager xr4. Love the bike.

There is a great deal on a 2017 frame, boost. I thought I read that the 2018 would go plus size.

If it's a great deal, I wouldn't worry about whether boost or plus or not. Neither are game changers for the ripely. 2.4 up front and 2.3 in back and you're good to go. You'll be happy with it. Put a 140 on the fork.

I've got a 2016 LS w/ the Boost rear end. The newest generation does clear larger tires, but I run a 2.4WT on a 30mm rim no problem.

Absolutely love the bike. Mine's built up on the beefier side of things, but it still feels fast and eager on climbs. Upped my fork to 140mm travel, which I really liked as well.

Also have an LS set up with a 140mm fork. I'd highly recommend that as I can't find any negatives and it ups the bike's capabilities, slacks the HT a touch and keeps the BB height a bit higher for more pedal clearance. Great bike with efficient suspension for climbing. Not the plushest on downhills but it gets the job done. Maintenance on the eccentrics (e.g., taking the rear end off and cleaning or replacing bearings) is obnoxious and time consuming. I am getting seattube contact with a 2.4 aggressor on a Flow MK3 rim, but had no issues with 2.3 in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Anybody ride one of the 2017 vintage (before plus size). Thoughts?

I'm going to have one posted up for sale in a few days. Owner replacing with the new Ripmo. Stay tuned.

I have a 2017 non LS. Love the shit out of it. The LS I rode back to back at a demo (reason I ordered the Ripley) was a pos (headset was creaky and rough so steering felt like shit). So not a good comparison but was not in love. But I also have an sb6 for days where more sus is useful. For me the og Ripley meets 90% of my mtb needs. For the rest the Ripley can do it but sb6 is a little more fun.

Ibis Ripley LS

My 2017 RipLS fits 2.6 Nobby Nics. 140 travel Fox up front

BTW - I freaking love it.

2.6 in back? That’s killer. What width rims?