Thread: Good Rx

Good Rx

Anyone have the scoop on Good Rx, an online site for prescription drug coupons. My wife takes a drug that is not covered by Medicare, essentially a drug for a skin condition. She went to get it refilled at Walgreen's and they suggested she could get it cheaper if she had a coupon from Good Rx available on line. Without the coupon it would be about $125 for a one month supply. She looks it up and the GoodRx site showed prices at multiple drug stores, CVS, Kroger, Target, Costco etc. The price at Target was $95 for a three month supply. She calls Target as it makes no sense and they confirm it. She prints off the coupon, goes to Target and sure enough. I am the world's biggest skeptic, I told her no way this has to be bogus. A no cost, online coupon and you get a big discount. Goes to Target and gets three months for less than $100. How does this work and why would any pharmacy honor it? What do they get out of this?

I dunno but I'm interested. I actually found that site 2 days ago, under my new health plan with a hudge deductible some medicine I take went from $35 to $800 so I was doing some research to try to figure out a way to deal with that. GoodRX didn't have a coupon but they pointed me to the manufacturer's site where there's a theoretical coupon but so far they haven't sent it to me. So I dunno. The info on GoodRX was accurate as far as links and a phone number (which I hadn't been able to find up to then) so it seems legit so far I guess.

i am not an expert on this but there are two things going on. The first is that pharmacy chains negotiate deals with the drug makers (something by law medicare and medicaid can't do) and drug makers offer coupons to get you started on a drug hoping you will stay on it and pay for it yourself or get your plan to pay for it.

Good Rx is legit. Lots of mechanics behind it but the short story is the pharmaceutical co’s are not going broke honoring a coupon.

Flowing Alpy approves.

Good Rx was recommended by my doctor.
    its legit and works great. Even without the discounted prices, i like the ability to compare pharmacy prices since that info is usually kept secret until they ask for payment.

I've used their coupons before without issue. It's been around for quite a few years now. It's really interesting to compare the the no-insurance/cash prices for the same drug at different pharmacies. I've seen it vary by as much as 10x.

well the higher-priced ones work that much better,

I've used it a few times. Pretty wild to see how prices vary between pharmacies.

ok but waht about that good good RX

i need some flexaril for my medicince cabinet but dont want to have to deal with pesky docs
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    ok but waht about that good good RX

i need some flexaril for my medicince cabinet but dont want to have to deal with pesky docs
    have you tried Mexico?

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    have you tried Mexico?
    Need home delivery to the great north woods
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Need home delivery to the great north woods
    Have you tried Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Have you tried Canada?
    ya but a site would be helpful

the net is full of scams

drfeelgood.ru?
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Praxis Rx
    I’ve heard they’re just as good as Praxis Freerides, if a little less manly
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.