View Poll Results: Anonymous Poll: Are you in the Dentist class?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 1.2+ bitches.

13 31.71%
  • No. Lost it all in crypto speculation.

15 36.59%
  • Maybe. I don’t know or care.

13 31.71%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I'm not gonna put piss in them dude, I'm not Howard Hughes for god's sake. They're for bulk heroin storage. Although I'm told that if I can get some fentanyl it will really save on the storage requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm not gonna put piss in them dude, I'm not Howard Hughes for god's sake. They're for bulk heroin storage. Although I'm told that if I can get some fentanyl it will really save on the storage requirements.
    You'll need the mason jars of the 9.9%, then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    You'll need the mason jars of the 9.9%, then.
    You really can find anything on the internet. For the record I've been storing weed in Ball Brand mason jars for like 30 years (well not the same weed, duh), I recommend them.

Frank: What happened at Sunset Village?
    Sheryl: Frank, don't encourage him.
    Grandpa: I'll tell you what happened! I pay my money, they let me in. I should be able to do what the fuck I want!
    Sheryl: He started snorting heroin.
    Frank: You started snorting heroin?
    Grandpa: Let me tell ya, don't do that stuff. When you're young, you're crazy to do that shit.
    Frank: Well what about you?
    Grandpa: What about me? I'm old. When you're old you're crazy not to do it.

Ha. A friend of mine who got me into road biking said, shit, when I'm old, I'm just going to shoot heroin and ride around on a Harley. Unfortunately, Colin cancer got him before he made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Unfortunately, Colin cancer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-colin-powell-email-hack.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	237280

I was going to make a Colin joke but thought it’d be in bad taste since, you know, his buddy died and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Yeah they are so full of shit with that 70% thing. If you make 60k a year, yeah 70% is nice. If you make 800k a year and don't have a hooker and blow problem, getting by on 25% should be fine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    even at 60 K its cheaper not having the expenses of going to work, the kids should be gone, most of your shit is or should be paid for and yer an old fuck so your spending habits are pretty much set in stone
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    even at 60 K its cheaper not having the expenses of going to work, the kids should be gone, most of your shit is or should be paid for and yer an old fuck so your spending habits are pretty much set in stone
    I had one guitar and one pair of skis and one amplifier when I retired. You can quadruple all that now.
    A lot depends on whether you want to travel and how well your medical expenses are covered. As far as travel, as one gets older one is wont to prefer swankier digs than when one was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    As far as travel, as one gets older one is wont to prefer swankier digs than when one was younger.
    QFT. I’ve noticed this, for myself anyway. For instance, I now use an ExPed down mattress instead of ensolite.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I had one guitar and one pair of skis and one amplifier when I retired. You can quadruple all that now.
    A lot depends on whether you want to travel and how well your medical expenses are covered. As far as travel, as one gets older one is wont to prefer swankier digs than when one was younger.

Yeah. When I did the backpack thing in Europe when I was 21, I woke up on the ground more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    QFT. I’ve noticed this, for myself anyway. For instance, I now use an ExPed down mattress instead of ensolite.
    I have finally yielded to thermarest. Or rather, thermarest yields to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Have you seen this article

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...tocracy/559130

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Aw fuck. Nevermind, my bad, lol. Saw the print date and thought it was new, lazily not reading page one of the thread.

Just giving you grief.
    🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I deal with retired people exclusively and you’d be surprised how little you can get by on when you are debt free. Lots of people live off 50k a yr.

When I was younger I thought I needed millions and when I had it I was fucking miserable riding the stock mkt. if I had taken my bosses advice and just bought Munis I’d have never worked again after 30, staying single would have helped too.So for various reasons I am now very risk adverse.

I never want to stare at a large brokerage acct and worry about that shit in my 60’s.

If you can’t retire on fixed income then you still need to work. Which I’m not afraid to do running my own business now. I’m really hoping to lock in a 6-7% muni portfolio sometime after trump ruins the economy. I’m then going to buy a small 2 bedroom condo somewhere out west and start cutting back on work hrs in my early 50’s. I will keep cutting back to 1-2 days a week until I am 60 1/2 and then ride my insurance residuals for 10 yrs until I draw SS. By then my munis and SS will carry me until I die.

It all means shit if you die 5 yrs after you retire.

Holy fuck dumbshit, $50k a year is easy living for anyone, shit you ignorant.

Ski bum
    4 lyfe

Let's talk more about boob lifts.

Also, what's 1.2mil Canadian, like 5USD?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

My buddy the anestitist told me " we live too well to be ski bums, we are skiing gentlemen"
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Yeah right.

Try to clothe and feed a family of four, send 2 to college, pay a mortgage, and save anything in 50k

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You must be a real ski bumn with no health insurance.

My take home currently is less than 20k/yr as a grad student in the sciences. I've never felt so financially crunched in my life.

The only thing that has let me pursue this career is not having any undergrad debt. Income-qualified grants covered my tuition, and working since I was like 12 and eventually 3 jobs throughout high school I was able to pay all my housing, food, etc. with my own money thru undergrad.

I worked for about 5yrs after undergrad but was never really able to set aside much in savings between moving a lot and temp science jobs. No matter what rhetoric we hear, the entry-mid level job market is pretty damn tough to navigate!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yeah right.

Try to clothe and feed a family of four, send 2 to college, pay a mortgage, and save anything in 50k

Over half the country does it. Buck up buttercup.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    half the country lives on less than that; most of those don't feed a family of 4, pay a mortgage, and send 2 kids to college.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    That's not true. Median household income for a family of 4 is just north of 100k.