Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    13

    Need help finding a ski, specific criteria...

    G'day peoples,

    I'm looking for something kinda specific here..

    -Full camber twin-tip (closer to symmetrical the better, and minimal or no early rise)

    -185 to 190

    -mid 90's under foot

    -really playful sidecut (17 to 20m)

    - Stiffness should be middle-ground between a Line sir francis bacon/Blend and 4frnt renegade. I know there's plenty of park skis that fit most of this criteria, but thery're too soft.

    Does this ski exist? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,140
    you sure you wouldn't like something with some rocker?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    36,555
    soul7 bro! pm nwskier 4 deets
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    8,083
    Rax skis are my goto ski for all conditions, from park to deep powder.

    Send a PM to forum member TomFromAustria. He is the US rep for these handmade Austrian skis. Be sure to use the code TGRMAGGOT420 at checkout for a 20 percent discount.

    www.raxskis.com
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    399
    I would recommend looking for that ski in TECH TALK, JONG!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    7,327
    Quote Originally Posted by camberTiptoTail View Post
    G'day peoples,

    I'm looking for something kinda specific here..

    -Full camber twin-tip (closer to symmetrical the better, and minimal or no early rise)

    -185 to 190

    -mid 90's under foot

    -really playful sidecut (17 to 20m)

    - Stiffness should be middle-ground between a Line sir francis bacon/Blend and 4frnt renegade. I know there's plenty of park skis that fit most of this criteria, but thery're too soft.

    Does this ski exist? Thanks!
    Skilogik ullr’s chariot TT
    101 underfoot, 16m turn radius. Mid stiff
    Just so happens I have a pair of 188cms, Elvira top sheet, drilled once, I might part with for a reasonable price
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,046
    Quote Originally Posted by camberTiptoTail View Post
    G'day peoples,

    I'm looking for something kinda specific here..

    -Full camber twin-tip (closer to symmetrical the better, and minimal or no early rise)

    -185 to 190

    -mid 90's under foot

    -really playful sidecut (17 to 20m)

    - Stiffness should be middle-ground between a Line sir francis bacon/Blend and 4frnt renegade. I know there's plenty of park skis that fit most of this criteria, but thery're too soft.

    Does this ski exist? Thanks!
    Um...no.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    36,555
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Skilogik ullr’s chariot TT
    101 underfoot, 16m turn radius. Mid stiff
    Just so happens I have a pair of 188cms, Elvira top sheet, drilled once, I might part with for a reasonable price
    i’d like to offer this pkg, 8pack AAA batteries, transistor radio and a small cat plus if you’re interested, 37 Pokémon cards.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Helltown, MT
    Posts
    1,828
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180228_085842.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	236780

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC/London/Sofia
    Posts
    215
    If you had asked in TECH TALK, someone may have suggested the Black Crows Camox

    Twin tip with a touch of early rise

    Comes in 186

    97 underfoot

    18m turn radius

    Mid-stiff

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    36,555
    Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I would recommend looking for that ski in TECH TALK, JONG!
    the red version is best for trolling
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    8,267
    Quote Originally Posted by BGSTi_403 View Post
    If you had asked in TECH TALK, someone may have suggested the Black Crows Camox

    Twin tip with a touch of early rise

    Comes in 186

    97 underfoot

    18m turn radius

    Mid-stiff
    Except he said camber tip to tail.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    On your tic list
    Posts
    298
    First thing that comes to mind is a Slicer/some old Trouble, but it's probably 24m, and for all I know has rocker now. Gonna be stiffer than a Blend tho.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    heart in terrace, ass in cowtown
    Posts
    2,623
    Dynamic VR27. Red.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    812
    I don't think this ski exists, at least not any more. Newschoolers may know of something obscure.
    All of the older, full camber park skis that weren't noodles (i.e., comp or pipe skis) were closer to mid eighties underfoot and usually were low twenties in radius in the big kid size.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1
    hello

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    173
    Sounds like the op is describing the Kastle xx west series from a few years ago.

    http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...tle-west-xx110

    https://www.newschoolers.com/reviews/4142/xx90

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    27,105
    That's a custom build, mang. Prolly around $1900. $2500 if you help.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    173
    Nope, his skis are right here:

    185cm-- Check
    18M Radius-- Check
    Full camber, Symmetrical twin tip-- check
    Stiffer than typical park skis--Check
    Only $225 new--check (use 10% off coupon)

    https://www.skis.com/KASTLE-XX90-Ski...BoCzrYQAvD_BwE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •